will pay THOUSANDS of $$ for Zeppelin concert posters!

shinedaddy

. :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

YES!!!!!

Ok, so I finally got around to it and went to see the guy I know who has tons of 60's 70's posters.

Well...!!! It took a bit of time searching for the gal who helped us. Then the owner came in and confirmed it.

He has the ONLY Known copy of their gig in Salt Lake City. July 30, 1969! Terrace Ballroom.

There WERE two shows, just like I thought. Vanilla Fudge was the "main act" *cough cough* :mellow:

Lights by Frank & Stein.

Art by Mikey Covey & Toni Covey. 17"x 25. Framed poster. Creased, light surface wear.

Ok so I was SO excited, but he quickly said NOT FOR Sale! So, I asked him if he had a pic of it ( it was in a art exibit he put on here a couple of years ago), I wanted it mostly for Sam to put up in the memorabilia section. He said he doesn't have a pic, but he will be putting ALL his posters of the days on his website some time spring or "however long it takes to do it"..........hmmmm...maybe I could volunteer some.

At any rate it will be a very cool gem, since he has the only known copy, he said someone at the exibit said he had one too, but couldn't verify it.

:yay::yay:

I've been wanting to find this baby for YEARS!

So as soon as he has the webpage up, I'll surely Share!

:cheer::banana:

YES!!!!!

Ok, so I finally got around to it and went to see the guy I know who has tons of 60's 70's posters.

Well...!!! It took a bit of time searching for the gal who helped us. Then the owner came in and confirmed it.

He has the ONLY Known copy of their gig in Salt Lake City. July 30, 1969! Terrace Ballroom.

There WERE two shows, just like I thought. Vanilla Fudge was the "main act" *cough cough* :mellow:

Lights by Frank & Stein.

Art by Mikey Covey & Toni Covey. 17"x 25. Framed poster. Creased, light surface wear.

Ok so I was SO excited, but he quickly said NOT FOR Sale! So, I asked him if he had a pic of it ( it was in a art exibit he put on here a couple of years ago), I wanted it mostly for Sam to put up in the memorabilia section. He said he doesn't have a pic, but he will be putting ALL his posters of the days on his website some time spring or "however long it takes to do it"..........hmmmm...maybe I could volunteer some.

At any rate it will be a very cool gem, since he has the only known copy, he said someone at the exibit said he had one too, but couldn't verify it.

:yay::yay:

I've been wanting to find this baby for YEARS!

So as soon as he has the webpage up, I'll surely Share!

:cheer::banana:

Actually I have seen it already and offered to buy it from another person, unrelated to the person you mention here (I know who it is). So there are at least 2 out there and I have several pics. As concert posters go it could not be more disappointing....there is almost ZERO info, all it is is a horrible multi-colored mess with Led Zeppelin and Vanilla Fudge printed on it. I decided not to pursue this piece. UGLY!!! It could not have been any less desirable from my standpoint UNLESS it was also from 1980 instead. I guess you can tell I dont like it one bit. The guys who have it think they own a goldmine....good luck with that one!!

YES!!!!!

Lights by Frank & Stein.

Do you happen to remember the starting times for the 2 shows both bands played that night? Perhaps 7 pm & 11 pm? Just curious.

It's weird that there's only one or two in existence. It begs the questions whether the poster was actually legitimate or was it just an artist just creating a work of art on his own (and the poster not ever being used for "traditional," promotional purposes).

like i said, who cares? I already know this and dont even want an Earls Court, not even for $100 for a real one.......trust me,out of 100000 of them 2 might be real. Totally worthless from my perspective.....now how about finding some info on say, a Seattle 1970? A Florida 71......then you WILL get a finder's fee

I would think that you would be more gracious in responding to people who are willing to help you (do your grunt work) than outright insulting them, then ordering them to get the info you desire.

If you are a collector as you say, and if you had half a brain, you would find what you needed or if not, just be contented with your sheer laziness.

Maybe thank the people taking their time to do your dirty work instead of treating them like your bitch.

Get it?

I would think that you would be more gracious in responding to people who are willing to help you (do your grunt work) than outright insulting them, then ordering them to get the info you desire.

If you are a collector as you say, and if you had half a brain, you would find what you needed or if not, just be contented with your sheer laziness.

Maybe thank the people taking their time to do your dirty work instead of treating them like your bitch.

Get it?

I am just trying to steer people in the right direction, that is all. Maybe a little bluntly, but I would rather save everybody a lot of time than get 100 emails or PM's about $4 reprints or things that I dont want. The original post was me saying I would pay thousands for certain posters, and then I clarified as the thread went on. Nothing wrong with that, except my tone is very dry. MAybe I dotn use enough smiley faces for you?

I never put down anybody here trying to help me, only the posters themselves. I hate reprints and I am very particular about what I need. If I am going to spend $8k I need to be clear about what I want. I am sorry if my tone has offended anybody, that is CLEARLY not my intent since I am ASKING for help in finding stuff. I have been collecting and looking for years and years so it is not like I am asking for people to do legwork I am not willing to do, it is just that everyone has their own set of sources to draw from. I am still hoping I get just ONE bite that leads to a poster. If I do that person will be rewarded highly.

Also, deluxe, why do you care anyways? If you have nothing to contribute, no info pertaining to the original thread, etc why bother posting here? You just wanted to call me out for my what you thought was my attitude? I can say for sure that you are wrong about me.

Actually I have seen it already and offered to buy it from another person, unrelated to the person you mention here (I know who it is). So there are at least 2 out there and I have several pics. As concert posters go it could not be more disappointing....there is almost ZERO info, all it is is a horrible multi-colored mess with Led Zeppelin and Vanilla Fudge printed on it. I decided not to pursue this piece. UGLY!!! It could not have been any less desirable from my standpoint UNLESS it was also from 1980 instead. I guess you can tell I dont like it one bit. The guys who have it think they own a goldmine....good luck with that one!!

It is a gem for me because of the historical concert standpoint. And because I'm interested in collecting stories and pics of the concerts we had here in SLC. Particularly The Terrace Ballroom.

If you have pics, could you post them please?

Curious you offered to buy it, then say it's an ugly crap. :huh:

This was the first time I saw Zeppelin. And to me, that makes it cool. Lot's of posters are "ugly." I guess the beauty is in the eye of the Owner. :lol:

And to Mikezep...The shows were suppose to be 7:30 & 9:30. (something I thought was on the poster).

When Fudge came on the second time, they were practically booed off the stage by "Zeppelin! Zeppelin!" They gave up the stage because no one wanted to hear them. :D

It is a gem for me because of the historical concert standpoint. And because I'm interested in collecting stories and pics of the concerts we had here in SLC. Particularly The Terrace Ballroom.

This was the first time I saw Zeppelin. And to me, that makes it cool. Lot's of posters are "ugly." I guess the beauty is in the eye of the Owner. :lol:

And to Mikezep...The shows were suppose to be 7:30 & 9:30. (something I thought was on the poster).

When Fudge came on the second time, they were practically booed off the stage by "Zeppelin! Zeppelin!" They gave up the stage because no one wanted to hear them. :D

I was going to buy it to trade it away because it is a rare piece. I am sure if I had gone I would be VERY interested in it, as you are. Very cool. Do you still have a ticket stub?

BTW, there is NO writing on the poster except for the names of the bands, Terrace Ballroom and lights by Frank and Stein......no times, no prices, no places to buy tickets, nothing that a normal concert poster would have and very little a concert poster collector really needs when they find a piece......if you remember times maybe you saw a different poster. Vanilla Fudge is written bigger than Zeppelin so they were the headliner obviously.

I was going to buy it to trade it away because it is a rare piece. I am sure if I had gone I would be VERY interested in it, as you are. Very cool. Do you still have a ticket stub?

BTW, there is NO writing on the poster except for the names of the bands, Terrace Ballroom and lights by Frank and Stein......no times, no prices, no places to buy tickets, nothing that a normal concert poster would have and very little a concert poster collector really needs when they find a piece......if you remember times maybe you saw a different poster. Vanilla Fudge is written bigger than Zeppelin so they were the headliner obviously.

Yes, 7/30/69 was an obscure concert which I don't believe was confirmed until 1998.

Even so, never seen anything to suggest Led Zeppelin performed two sets that night.

Yes, 7/30/69 was an obscure concert which I don't believe was confirmed until 1998.

Even so, never seen anything to suggest Led Zeppelin performed two sets that night.

They did. I've talked to several old friends who remember it too.

They aren't into message boards or I'd ask them to post.

I don't have my stub. :( Mom chucked most of my concert stuff once when I had split for a while.

They did. I've talked to several old friends who remember it too.

I'm certainly not calling anyone a liar, but I take their recollections with some degree of skepticism. In the Timeline a fan recalls they performed three encores, and I suspect

this is mistakenly being recalled years later as two sets. They weren't performing two

sets this late into the tour (so far as I can confirm). Hopefully a newspaper review or

advertisement will come to light a solve the mystery once and for all.

Atlantic Record's Vice-President Jerry Wexler presented the band with their gold album awards for first album the following day, supposedly in Eugene, Oregon. Dave Lewis' The Concert File shows they performed there that night (no venue is provided) but Eugene

does not appear in the Timeline. I'll follow up on if they did or did not play in Eugene as

a magazine source has Page at the Riot House in Los Angeles that night. He sent Cole to The Experience with a note for Miss Pamela, attending a Bo Diddley gig there.

They weren't performing two sets this late into the tour (so far as I can confirm). Hopefully a newspaper review or advertisement will come to light a solve the mystery once and for all.

The band actually did perform two shows in one day several times on this leg of the U.S. tour (in fact, 4 times after the SLC date):

7/21/69 - Central Park - 7:00 pm/ 9:30 pm

8/16/69 - Asbury Park - 7:30 pm/ 9:45 pm

8/18/69 - Toronto - 8:00 pm/ 11:30 pm

8/20/69 - Schenectady - 8:00 pm/ 11:00 pm

8/27/69 - Hampton Beach, NH - 8:00 pm/ 10 pm

The band actually did perform two shows in one day several times on this leg of the U.S. tour (in fact, 4 times after the SLC date):

7/21/69 - Central Park - 7:00 pm/ 9:30 pm

8/16/69 - Asbury Park - 7:30 pm/ 9:45 pm

8/18/69 - Toronto - 8:00 pm/ 11:30 pm

8/20/69 - Schenectady - 8:00 pm/ 11:00 pm

8/27/69 - Hampton Beach, NH - 8:00 pm/ 10 pm

also 2 sets at Carnegie Hall 10/17/69.......however, I would like to keep my thread related to posters if possible

also 2 sets at Carnegie Hall 10/17/69.......however, I would like to keep my thread related to posters if possible

I actually left that one out since it was a different U.S. tour. But, if you want to add in the last U.S. Tour of 1969 you could also add the following dates where they played two shows in one day at the same venue:

10/19/69 Chicago Kinetic Playground

11/2/69 Toronto - O'Keefe Centre

11/5/69 Kansas City, KS - Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall

O.K., back to your original post topic now...

hi there everyone

has anyone got any help and guidance with this poster

I found it within my late fathers rock collections from the 60s/70s

Full details are it is a Japanese Led Zeppelin concert poster from 1972 when they played

Budokan Hall, Tokyo. Japan.

it is approx 34" x24" inches and is fully framed & glazed

Was this is common repressed poster ? was it a limited run ? is it very rare ?

or do i have an original gem here ?

Printing and clarity looks totally original through the glass and my father collected some very very choice and rare pieces so to get this framed up fully i would hope it is genuine

Here is a picture to help you good folk

ledzepfc6.jpg

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated

PAUL

hi there everyone

Full details are it is a Japanese Led Zeppelin concert poster from 1972 when they played

Printing and clarity looks totally original through the glass and my father collected some very very choice and rare pieces so to get this framed up fully i would hope it is genuine

ledzepfc6.jpg

PAUL

you have a commemorative poster, and no original poster from that date looks anything like it. Notice the date of the show is 1972 and the picture of Plant is from 1975...how did they do that back in 1972??? They didn't. Sadly, another knock-off....I would like the people who do these things to die slowly and painfully, but that is a personal vendetta!!

hi there everyone

ledzepfc6.jpg

PAUL

you have a commemorative poster, and no original poster from that date looks anything like it. Notice the date of the show is 1972 and the picture of Plant is from 1975...how did they do that back in 1972??? They didn't. Sadly, another knock-off....I would like the people who do these things to die slowly and painfully, but that is a personal vendetta!!

• Administrators

I've added a photo of the poster in the Timeline:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/july-30-1969

-sam

This is my favorite fake LZ poster. :D

LZFakePoster_edited.jpg

They were selling this on eBay some time ago. That gig at the Royal Albert Hall was on January 9, 1970 - not 1971; the logo was first used for Houses of the Holy and the Starship in 1973 (and again for TSRTS in 1976); and the picture is from the concert at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco, June 2, 1973. :lol:

This is my favorite fake LZ poster. :D

They were selling this on eBay some time ago. That gig at the Royal Albert Hall was on January 9, 1970 - not 1971; the logo was first used for Houses of the Holy and the Starship in 1973 (and again for TSRTS in 1976); and the picture is from the concert at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco, June 2, 1973. :lol:

:lol: A little bit of everything in there! It takes a keen observer of Zep to spot all that. ;)

Thank you for adding a photo of that rare poster to the Timeline. IMO, it is pretty. I love the artwork of the concert posters from that era.

Bob Masse has done some incredible work over the years. He's worth a "Google"

• 2 months later...

Archived