The hardest question for a TRUE Zeppelin fan!

Krish

Among many great offshoots of the reunion show at the 02 arena was making me go back and listen to my entire pre-Zep, Zep, and post-Zep collection of CDs, etc. (I really have only official releases and 2 bootleg CDs). In any event, I'm now going through the Plant solo era and I just cannot decide which album I detest more: Principle of Moments vs Shaken & Stirred. I love the first album, Manic Nirvana, Fate of Nations, Dreamland and Might Rearranger, but I remember being in college when POM and SnS came out and I was so disappointed. I still am. POM has Big Log and Wreckless Love and SnS has Little by Little, Pink & Black, and Sixes & Sevens. Those are the only songs I like. Songs like In the Mood, The Two Step or whatever, I can't stand. And to add insult to injury the remastered version of POM has live extended versions of those 2 songs. ARRRGGHHHH!!!! K

The question is: what is the most loathed album of the two: POM or SnS? Judging from the responses, though, it appears as if I'm in the minority in my despite for these albums. As I mentioned before my favorite Plant solo albums are:

1. Manic Nirvana

2. Pictures at 11

3. Fate of Nations

4. Mighty Rearranger

5. Dreamland

Honeydrippers is cool but too short; Raising Sand will have to grow on me; but POM & SnS I can't pick which one I detest more.

The question is: what is the most loathed album of the two: POM or SnS? Judging from the responses, though, it appears as if I'm in the minority in my despite for these albums. As I mentioned before my favorite Plant solo albums are:

1. Manic Nirvana

2. Pictures at 11

3. Fate of Nations

4. Mighty Rearranger

5. Dreamland

Honeydrippers is cool but too short; Raising Sand will have to grow on me; but POM & SnS I can't pick which one I detest more.

I wouldn't bother trying, to be honest--doesn't seem very constructive!

1. Manic Nirvana

2. Pictures at 11

3. Fate of Nations

4. Mighty Rearranger

5. Dreamland

Oh, I get the question now, I guess I still don't see the point.

I listened to Shaken N' Stirred so much in the summer of 1985 that the lettering on my cassette vanished. Sixes and Sevens is an all-time Robert Plant vocal performance. He really injected himself emotionally on that one.

Robbie Blunt's guitar solo on Thru With The Two Step is beautiful, lyrical and mournful. His clean Strat -tone in total contrast to Jimmy's Les Paul heft.

Among many great offshoots of the reunion show at the 02 arena was making me go back and listen to my entire pre-Zep, Zep, and post-Zep collection of CDs, etc. (I really have only official releases and 2 bootleg CDs). In any event, I'm now going through the Plant solo era and I just cannot decide which album I detest more: Principle of Moments vs Shaken & Stirred. I love the first album, Manic Nirvana, Fate of Nations, Dreamland and Might Rearranger, but I remember being in college when POM and SnS came out and I was so disappointed. I still am. POM has Big Log and Wreckless Love and SnS has Little by Little, Pink & Black, and Sixes & Sevens. Those are the only songs I like. Songs like In the Mood, The Two Step or whatever, I can't stand. And to add insult to injury the remastered version of POM has live extended versions of those 2 songs. ARRRGGHHHH!!!! K

If you were a true Zepophile, you'd honour anything uttered by them! ;)

I haven't listened to SnS or POM in a loooooong time. I'm not sure how you don't like "In the Mood" but ok..... everyone is entitled. I will have to relisten to those albums. To be honest Robert kinda lost me back at Dreamland. BUT and it's a big BUT.... I am currently loving Dreamland. I had to give Raising Sand a break because I am afraid to overplay it, so I decided to give Dreamland a try.

Another confession... I don't have Mighty ReArranger. And I know, I know my name is allthekingshorses but I was listening to the Nine Lives myspace page when I was signing up for this website... and that's why I picked that name because I was listening to it at the time. AND because it's a beautiful song. Classic Robert. My next purchase will be Mighty ReArranger.

But back to Dreamland..... Ahhhhh.... Song to the Siren is to die for.

I actually would like to know what everyone thinks - many times an album which I've loathed I've come around to when I listen to other dedicated fans' opinions (eg., Sabbath's Dehumanizer was a disappointment for me after the Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules masterpieces, but after listening to many people post why they loved it so much it has kind of grown on me. The reason I said a true Zep fan would have to choose which of those two solo Plant albums he/she despised more was because those two albums are furthest away from Zeppelin in my opinion - true Zeppelin always experimented with different styles but whenever they did those experiments worked. Othere than the five songs I listed from those two albums, in my opinion nothing else either rocks or reaches emotional depths as everything Zeppelin did does. By the way, I'm a he! :)

I think this thread was her thinking "out loud" rather than actually caring about anyone else's opinion.

Yeah, I suppose... but then again, my post was kinda just rambling on too. ;) Most posts are just ramblings when it comes to it. Maybe the title should have been Confessions of a True Zeppelin fan.... or I don't like some of Robert's stuff.. is that wrong? Ah there I go again, I'm not sure why I keep rambling on...

Sorry there, Krish...I was remembering your name as being Krista :lol:. Anyways, I was referring to the subject title :)

By the way..allthekingshorses, I thought of the same thing...a lot of jibberish is said :lol:. Again, not what I meant, but I figured it might come across that way.

1. Manic Nirvana

2. Pictures at 11

3. Fate of Nations

4. Mighty Rearranger

5. Dreamland

Why no mention of Now and Zen ??

I haven't listened to SnS or POM in a loooooong time. I'm not sure how you don't like "In the Mood" but ok..... everyone is entitled. I will have to relisten to those albums. To be honest Robert kinda lost me back at Dreamland. BUT and it's a big BUT.... I am currently loving Dreamland. I had to give Raising Sand a break because I am afraid to overplay it, so I decided to give Dreamland a try.

Another confession... I don't have Mighty ReArranger. And I know, I know my name is allthekingshorses but I was listening to the Nine Lives myspace page when I was signing up for this website... and that's why I picked that name because I was listening to it at the time. AND because it's a beautiful song. Classic Robert. My next purchase will be Mighty ReArranger.

But back to Dreamland..... Ahhhhh.... Song to the Siren is to die for.

Oh absolutely get Mighty Rearranger!!! It's a fantastic album and yes, All the King's Horses is so beautiful. One of my favorites by Robert. I don't listen to his older stuff as often but I always love it when I decide to go back to it.

Yes Mighty rearranger is fantastic, but POM and SnS are also great albums from a time when Plant was trying to do things a little different, they both have a charm to them and and for me I have fond memories listening to them, seeing him and all that jazz around a Zep member releasing solo albums !!

They are both good albums !!

Archived