Wow!

redrum

1 hour ago, cryingbluerain said:

Certain groups are interested in erasing or rewriting history as we have seen with the tearing down of statues, 1619 Project, etc.

I'd be surprised to see 9/11 referenced on a forum celebrating Led Zeppelin...and was then surprised. As a history graduate, and history and politics teacher, rather than an internet quoter, history has always been rewritten, revised and reconsidered. Both the US and UK past has been built on bloodshed and oppression, and it is entirely right to question the past and the monuments to it. If actions in our past have caused offence and hardship-yet we persist in celebrating and commemorating those who took part in it-what does that make us?

6 minutes ago, WD52 said:

I'd be surprised to see 9/11 referenced on a forum celebrating Led Zeppelin...and was then surprised. As a history graduate, and history and politics teacher, rather than an internet quoter, history has always been rewritten, revised and reconsidered. Both the US and UK past has been built on bloodshed and oppression, and it is entirely right to question the past and the monuments to it. If actions in our past have caused offence and hardship-yet we persist in celebrating and commemorating those who took part in it-what does that make us?

Those who want to forget history are doomed etc...

8 hours ago, WD52 said:

Sorry -got to call out the casual racism of 'Muslim population' increasing 100 fold. There is a spectrum of people of Islamic Faith belief and many different cultures within depending on country of origin. Lumping them together makes racism so much easier.

Also the irony-I bet the Native US Indians were thinking the same when the first settlers turned up.

Thank you for speaking up. Unfortunately, the casual bias against Muslims, blacks, Jews, homosexuals and other groups is pretty constant amongst a certain segment of this forum and one reason why the other 9/11 thread didn't last very long. And a major reason why the Mods put the kibosh on political/religious discussion on this forum.

Just as well...there are plenty of places and venues I went to remember 9/11 yesterday. A music forum is not exactly a top priority for that.

9/11 conspiracies? Say it ain't so :hysterical:

I mean, I thought everyone knew it was the Klingons from Quo'nos (they are the true leaders of the whole Qanon thing ya know) who brought down the towers in retaliation to our (the secret UN space program of course) attack on Krios Prime. Come on now, this is common knowledge. :thumbsup:

On 9/12/2020 at 12:08 AM, redrum said:

Not one mention about 9-11 here. Can't even find it in search.

You're right Red. I hope people never forget.

For my part I always do something to commemorate the day with a friend of mine. We have always taken off work on 9-11 starting from the first anniversary in 2002. For years there was always some commemoration somewhere here in the Los Angeles area, and this year despite some being planned, they were all cancelled due to the China plague. So on Friday we just headed up to Ventura county to a beach (trying to escape the smoke from the wild fires),  and we enjoyed a day on the beach--- planting or American flag in the sand with a black "remember 9-11" ribbon.  We have always felt it important to remember those who died, and never forget who are enemies are, lest we end up again in the same situation. Because the people who did that, and the philosophy behind them, is still out there, and is still the predominant view of a lot of people around the world. This "holy war" nonsense. We can't let them win those evil motherfuckers!  May they burn in hell forever. Them and all those who believe in their evil philosophy.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, kipper said:

You're right Red. I hope people never forget.

For my part I always do something to commemorate the day with a friend of mine. We have always taken off work on 9-11 starting from the first anniversary in 2002. For years there was always some commemoration somewhere here in the Los Angeles area, and this year despite some being planned, they were all cancelled due to the China plague. So on Friday we just headed up to Ventura county to a beach (trying to escape the smoke from the wild fires),  and we enjoyed a day on the beach--- planting or American flag in the sand with a black "remember 9-11" ribbon.  We have always felt it important to remember those who died, and never forget who are enemies are, lest we end up again in the same situation. Because the people who did that, and the philosophy behind them, is still out there, and is still the predominant view of a lot of people around the world. This "holy war" nonsense. We can't let them win those evil motherfuckers!  May they burn in hell forever. Them and all those who believe in their evil philosophy.

spacer.png

Nowadays it’s like it’s wrong to be Patriotic, screw everyone who thinks that, I love America and all it stands for, if people have gripes about the US I say get the hell out and go live in some other country.

3 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

Nowadays it’s like it’s wrong to be Patriotic, screw everyone who thinks that, I love America and all it stands for, if people have gripes about the US I say get the hell out and go live in some other country.

I agree.  And it is correct to not only remember 9-11 but to be just as angry about it as the day it happened, and to make those responsible, as well as others who may wish to do the same remain on notice that they will pay a price for their medieval thinking and actions.

5 minutes ago, kipper said:

I agree.  And it is correct to not only remember 9-11 but to be just as angry about it as the day it happened, and to make those responsible, as well as others who may wish to do the same remain on notice that they will pay a price for their medieval thinking and actions.

Never forgive, never forget I say.

On 9/12/2020 at 8:25 AM, WD52 said:

You mean when the settlers deliberately promoted a policy of genocide? Not sure the same can be said of the Islamic Faith communities there now. 

Has nothing to do with 9/11. Find another thread on that subject to talk about that. Besides, nobody here was defending that anyway.  Really no comparison actually to what happened on 9/11.  I really don't think those men flying the planes were indigenous to North America.

12 minutes ago, Walter said:

Yup. If you can’t find a better venue than ledzep.com to express your remembrances of 9/11, then you need to get a life.
Otherwise, it’s just gaslighting and big fish/little pond mind set. Which happens here often....

So says the guy who wouldn't know the definition of patriotism if it crawled up his intestines and laid eggs.

It makes ZERO sense to commemorate the dead on 9/11 without acknowledging how they died and WHO killed them. They didn't all just die of natural causes.  It is appropriate to acknowledge that they were murdered is it not?

28 minutes ago, Walter said:

Yup. If you can’t find a better venue than ledzep.com to express your remembrances of 9/11, then you need to get a life.
Otherwise, it’s just gaslighting and big fish/little pond mind set. Which happens here often....

Oh and another thing Wally. I post tons of non political interesting stuff and photos in other thread on all kinds of topics, so no, everyone isn't just here in this community of Zep fans trying to stir shit, but 9/11 is a pretty important day to remember and to reflect on some things. You have no problem jumping in and whining some pipsqueak remark whenever YOU feel like it---on any subject, so you aren't exactly some innocent angel yourself.