page , jones , bonham jr & no plant but ?

julieh

New vocalist  

154 members have voted

1. 1. replacement for plant

• Michael White
    • david coverdale
    • Chris Cornell
    • Diamanda Galas
    • john miles
    • no plant no tour
    • instrumental
    • other choice

• 2 months later...
No Robert Plant No Led Zeppelin period! You should all be ashamed of yourself even thinking that they would replace Plant is unbelievable! But most of you probably were not around in the 70's so you really don't know what Zeppelin was about. Magizine articles don't do what they were about justice. You had to be alive and into it at that time to get it. I see here that most don't get it! LED ZEPPELIN without Robert Plant is like the bible without Jesus. The same people bashing Robert Plant are the same ones who will be praising him if they do another show or tour. But I have a feeling if they did tour or do another show it would not be good enough for any of you bashers out there. It will never be enough. YOUR NOT REAL LED ZEPPELIN FANS!

They simply don't understand. They want a thrill, we had a love affair that turned into a great marriage. Don't waste your breath trying to convince them.

• 3 years later...

Is Diamanda Gala really an option? She may be the best suited human on earth to actually make Led Zeppelin suck. The album she did with JPJ is the only album I don't have and I have no desire at all to get it. She is that bad. The only worse idea would be recruiting someone from American Idol.

James Dylan is the best vocal approximation of a prime Robert Plant. He's most known for being the lead singer of Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, as well as doing LZ covers with Virtual Led Zeppelin or solo on YouTube. Chris Robinson did a good job with the Zep material when Jimmy Page went on tour with The Black Crowes, and he does bring in more of the frontman/name dynamic, but JD would be my first choice because he sounds like a prime Robert Plant without giving off a cheesy karaoke vibe. He seems like a real artist to me, even if he is basically impersonating another artist when he does the Zep covers. The ends justify the means, IMHO.

Edited by Little Robert Anthony II

• 2 months later...