Uniqueness of the band

Anandi

There's something in Led Zeppelin which makes it unique from the others. I don't know whether it's Plant's voice, Page's guitar, JPJ's bass, Bonham's drums, or is it the combined effect. When you listen to their songs, you feel that "this is the Best band I have ever heard!" And you immediately become a fan. How many agree?

I was a late comer to Zeppelin, but I was drawn to them for their group sound and the voice /guitar interplay between Plant's voice and Jimmy Page's unique approach to playing guitar where he blended rhythm and melody so that, at times, sounded like a 2nd guitar was in the band.  My point is partly made when Page/Plant duo continued with a different bass and drum duo in the 1990's.  Then too is that fact that Robert kept his voice intact up til’ recently, even though he has not the range of his younger days, his style and voice qualities are still recognizable today when many other singers cannot be as robust in their singing.

ADK-Zeppy

I feel this. There is no other, they truly are on their own level to me. UNMATCHED. And yeah, seems to have a lot to do with the "combined effect". Each member being top 3 if not No. 1 in their respective talents. Jones contributing to song structures and iconic riffs as much as Page, the greatest rhythm section of all time (or at least in most peoples top 3?), Jimmy not only able to write magical songs, but compliment them with magical solo's that fit perfectly, Bonham perfectly complimenting Page with light and shade, Jones keyboard skills equal to his bass prowess... Then Plant. One of the best rock voices ever in perfect Sympatico with the musicianship of the 3. They were as close to a perfectly cohesive and in tune with each other outfit you could ask for. Throw Peter Grant in who created the space for Led Zeppelin to be Led Zeppelin, and BOOM! Best band ever! 

Edited by rm2551

On 2/1/2021 at 5:21 AM, rm2551 said:

I feel this. There is no other, they truly are on their own level to me. UNMATCHED. And yeah, seems to have a lot to do with the "combined effect". Each member being top 3 if not No. 1 in their respective talents. Jones contributing to song structures and iconic riffs as much as Page, the greatest rhythm section of all time (or at least in most peoples top 3?), Jimmy not only able to write magical songs, but compliment them with magical solo's that fit perfectly, Bonham perfectly complimenting Page with light and shade, Jones keyboard skills equal to his bass prowess... Then Plant. One of the best rock voices ever in perfect Sympatico with the musicianship of the 3. They were as close to a perfectly cohesive and in tune with each other outfit you could ask for. Throw Peter Grant in who created the space for Led Zeppelin to be Led Zeppelin, and BOOM! Best band ever! 

What he said. It's the power of all 4 members that make the "Mighty Zeppelin" go for me. One of the few bands, where I can honestly say, they never made a bad album...

spacer.png

On 1/31/2021 at 8:30 AM, Anandi said:

There's something in Led Zeppelin which makes it unique from the others. I don't know whether it's Plant's voice, Page's guitar, JPJ's bass, Bonham's drums, or is it the combined effect. When you listen to their songs, you feel that "this is the Best band I have ever heard!" And you immediately become a fan. How many agree?

I could ramble on for a thousand words about the magic of Led Zeppelin and, as some long-timers here might attest, I already have. In the end, words fail to adequately describe the power of the music, the eternal allure of the band.

I long ago reached a simple solution. Whenever I encounter a newcomer to Led Zeppelin or a doubter who wants an explanation of the band's legacy, I just sit them down and show them "Since I've Been Loving You" from "The Song Remains the Same" movie. If that doesn't do it, nothing will.

This girl understands.

20210210_061239.thumb.jpg.4a07ef62f2ae34fa7c7c226c79855b0e.jpg

20210210_061320.thumb.jpg.b8e907f119d3870a375798fd700ed436.jpg

20210210_061445.thumb.jpg.b70cfb140046de0f43cdd1af30d9e68a.jpg

Edited by Strider

13 hours ago, Strider said:

This girl understands.

The girl over her right shoulder also understands, although she looks proper stoned if you watch her in that clip. She is enjoying it on a completely different level, but just as much.

11 hours ago, rm2551 said:

The girl over her right shoulder also understands, although she looks proper stoned if you watch her in that clip. She is enjoying it on a completely different level, but just as much.

Hahaha. She is totally lit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 6:08 PM, redrum said:

When LZ2 came out we played it til the grooves wore out. 😄

Yep, and then we went out and bought Led Zeppelin 1 (because that one seem to slip by many of us at first) and played it  too until the grooves wore out.