What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Me, too, Strider! ITTOD companion disc was my company on today's torturous walk on the bridge. I took this pic at the start of the walk, it looked like a beautiful day, there was a slight breeze, and I had LZ on the headphones, what could be better! When I got back in my car it read 101 degrees (felt like 120). Walking mid day is not a good idea. At all. At least I had Zep tunes! I didn't really notice much difference in the companion disc versions, my favorites were Fool in the Rain (love the drums), Carouselambra (best one for walking), and I'm Gonna Crawl. Also enjoyed All My Love (just love Jimmy's guitar).

post-26295-0-73014300-1440279322_thumb.j

Happy birthday to one of my favourite tenor saxophonists, Wayne Shorter...still going strong at age 82!!!

This was his debut for Blue Note Records and oh my gosh, what a group of musicians he had for this session. One of the all-time quintets...Wayne Shorter on sax, Lee Morgan on trumpet, McCoy Tyner on piano, Reggie Workman on bass, and Elvin Jones on drums. Incredible.