2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

On 12/23/2021 at 9:29 AM, Electrophile said:

Reffing on the whole has been pretty bad this year. I know fans of other teams love to say the Packers get all the calls, that the refs must be on the team payroll, but they've been shit for everyone all season. Not sure what's up with that.

Agree the refs suck.  The end of the Tampa game even Romo said it was pass interference on Tampa.  It cost the Bills the game.  You would think they would fix things given all the money that is tied up in this sport.

2 hours ago, redrum said:

Ha ha Seattle. Languish in the cellar. How's it feel? 

Stupid Niners. They just don't want it bad enough. No killer instinct. 

Well they killed one of my parlays.  i thought the 49ers would win that one. My Bills score a huge huge win. Down goes Belecheck and NE.  Now we must beat Atlanta and Jets to win the East.  We should be able to beat them with Trubinsky at the helm.  In fact I would consider resting Josh one game before playoffs?  Give him his own bye?  But doubt it happens. We will get Gabriel Davis back for the Jets game. He must sit out the Atlanta game also.  I just knew McKenzie would step up and I used him in fantasy.  He is a great kick returner also.  If you remember he returned a kickoff for a TD in that first meeting late in the game and it would have won the game but a holding call killed it.  The refs screwed us in the Tampa game for sure. But we are going to streamroll into the playoffs.  We demolished KC and if we see them again we will do it again. Its going to be tough to get home field. We might see one home game.  Our next two, last two at home.  We need to play better at home. Not sure why but we have been better on the road.  We will be double digit favorites vs Falcons and Jets.  Not sure but I think Atlanta is still alive mathamatically if you know what I mean. But not really. 

Huge game tonight.  Miami now has a shot and is in fact favored in that game by 3 because Hill cannot play for New Orleans. But New Orleans has one hell of a defense. This game has two good defenses. Could be a 12-9 type of game?  If Miami wins they could knock NE out.  I would love to see that.  But I think they have another tough game next week too. Raiders still alive also.  I am hoping they beat the Colts next week.  The Raiders have been great against the run recently.  Stopped Denver cold. 

18 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Refs took TD away from us on ineligible man , Knox, downfield.  Bullshit call.  FG puts us up 20-7

No it wasn’t a bullshit call, he was away from the line of scrimmage. Great win for Buffalo! 

I just had a thought running through my head, even though I know the playoffs are still a long way from happening. But--if the Packers end up winning the whole thing--I would be ready to say that Aaron Rodgers (if he isn't already) is the greatest QB of his generation & I would put him above mostly every hall of fame QB I've had the pleasure of watching over the years.

And before anyone says anything, no I didn't forget Tom effin' Brady...  :rolleyes:

:whistling: 

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I just had a thought running through my head, even though I know the playoffs are still a long way from happening. But--if the Packers end up winning the whole thing--I would be ready to say that Aaron Rodgers (if he isn't already) is the greatest QB of his generation & I would put him above mostly every hall of fame QB I've had the pleasure of watching over the years.

And before anyone says anything, no I didn't forget Tom effin' Brady...  :rolleyes:

:whistling: 

And dont forget about Josh Allen either pal.  This kid can do things that Rogers never could do.  Rogers cant run.  Not but a rare little scamper that is almost comical.  Now about your Dolphins, they likely will have to beat Tennessee next week, which I hope they do.  If so, they could have the chance to knock NE out period.  Of course they  could likely do that anyway, a loss would probably eliminate them?  Unless the unthinkable happens, we get knocked off by the Jets or Atlanta at home.   I do not think Atlanta is going to like the weather one bit.  Anyway, congrats on the winning streak, all be it you caught New Orleans with a college lineup.  If they had the lineup they had vs Tampa last week it would have been far more difficult.  Hill would not have thrown that pic 6

Oh last thing, if I were a Dolphins fan I would not let this winning streak dupe me into thinking Tua is the long term answer.  You guys need another QB.  Draft one.  With all of those quality pics they can get someone good next year.  

On 12/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, Electrophile said:

If the Packers win Sunday and the Cardinals beat the Cowboys, they'll have the #1 seed in the NFC locked up. That sure would be swell. 

I think Rams can win the NFC but’s it’s them or GB.  Tampa was lucky to escape NY.  I wonder where Antonio is?  Unreal what he did.  Someone has a heck of a souvenir.  
I remember when John Madden and Raiders lost that immaculate conception game.  God be with you John Madden, you will not be forgotten!  I’ll cheer for Raiders to win vs Chargers next week.  That might be put on Saturday?

They are going to move 2 games to Saturday.  To be announced 

17 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I really didn't know who to pull for in that Tampa game, but when Brady made that last touchdown pass, I wasn't shocked. I just went, yeah, it's Tom Brady.

And it’s the Jets.

The Rams are loaded.  Play in much tougher division than GB.  And are 12-4. 

And my boys have Josh Allen.  And a very good D.  Only team I would prefer to not play is Indy.  But Wentz doesn’t scare me.  A Raiders win next week would give them tie breaker over Indy.   
If Bills, Bengals, KC and Tennessee finish tied not sure how that would work?  I am still pissed we gave that Tennessee game away and refs did not call Tampa for clear pass interference .  Costing us that great comeback 

NY state going legal for online sports betting any day.   Not soon enough.

So the line on KC at Denver just went from 3 to 10.  Which means KC now expected to play regulars.  Denver has no offense the shitbags.  

Madden loved that Chili 🌶 over spaghetti in GB

My Bills have +177 point differential.  Best in NFL

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Packers win, Cardinals win, Green Bay has the #1 seed. It was a good Sunday. I would have preferred the Giants beating the Bears because it's always good when the Bears lose, but they're a non-factor this year, so it doesn't really matter.

I'll be interested to see how many starters LaFleur puts in the game Sunday in Detroit. Rodgers and Adams said they want to play at least some of the game.

1 minute ago, paul carruthers said:

Green Bay vs. Kansas City would be a great Super Bowl matchup....

It certainly was in January of 1967! Hopefully, if we get a rematch, no one on the Packers will assume the Max McGee "play completely hungover on no sleep" role. LOL