2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, Electrophile said:

Well, my Packers are 8-2, despite what feels like a never ending cascade of injuries to key players. Thankfully, we have a bye week coming up soon, which should allow some banged-up players some breathing room before the push towards the end of the season. I hope Aaron Rodgers plays better this afternoon than he did last week against Seattle. Admittedly, he was coming back from the Big Nasty and hadn't touched a football in about two weeks, but he's also only practiced once this week, and that was Friday, I believe.

Just hand the ball to AJ Dillon and let him run.

I will likely be wrong here but I did take the Vikings to win today as they are far more desperate and in need of this game to have a playoff shot.  Green Bay should win the division. But I have heard some say if the Vikings get ahead they may rest Rogers for the rest of this game?  Its certainly no must win.  As for my Bills, I think they should treat this Indy game as a must win.  We do not want to have to play more than one game on the road in the playoffs.  And we could still get the top seed if we can really run the table. The defense is lights out. So we will be in every game and favored in most.  Josh Allen is still the reason though.

On 11/19/2021 at 2:34 PM, Strider said:

Look out Buffalo. Here comes New England. Rumors of Bill Belichick's demise were unfounded.

Yup. New England in first….Buffalo down to 7th in the AFC.

I think Jonathan Taylor just scored again! :lol: 

Edited by Walter

On 11/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, redrum said:

haha Seattle. They're not doing much Squ-Hawking these days. 

Well given the schedule your resurgent 49ers are poised to go on a run.  Do not get too cocky on us though. Remember, you have Jimmy G as your QB.  You know, the guy that missed and open receiver that would have won the Super Bowl.  One they should have won. 

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

It seems every year I fall into the trap of picking the Packers to go all the way & 99% of the time they fail. I wonder if this year will be any different....

If they can't figure out their Special Teams issues, no, it won't be. They've also been hammered by injuries to a lot of key players, both on offense and defense, and Aaron Rodgers is playing with a broken bone in his foot. Obviously, I want them to go on a Patriots-esque tear for a few seasons and win bunch more Lombardi trophies, but the last three seasons, this included, have been their best chances to do so since 2010, and they've gone 0-2 in the NFCCG.

So, I'd say don't bet your mortgage on it. I'd love to revisit this post in February and laugh at myself.

Edited by Electrophile

There has been many crazy results all year. And the injuries are huge.  Rogers likely took a shot before the game and it wore off in the 4th quarter as he started to limp.   My guess is he will have surgery during the break.  Who needs a small toe?  Ask Micheal Scofield on Prison Break.  

Mathew Stafford is looking quite Lionish these days.  High throws, 3rd quarter limbo, trying to jam the ball in where it doesn't belong.  All is not yet lost for the Rams, but if Mathew has a good December, it will be the first in his 12year career.  Their upcoming schedule looks mighty tough.

How about one of these refs grab their nuts and throw a flag when Aaron Rodgers sticks his nose in an on-field official conference?  They don't need your help, I don't need you to signal the call before the refs do.  You don't let anyone else get away with that crap.  This week he had his arm around one of the officials between plays.  WTF???  

16 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

It seems every year I fall into the trap of picking the Packers to go all the way & 99% of the time they fail. I wonder if this year will be any different....

Not if Rodgers gives the whole team covid.

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Mathew Stafford is looking quite Lionish these days.  High throws, 3rd quarter limbo, trying to jam the ball in where it doesn't belong.  All is not yet lost for the Rams, but if Mathew has a good December, it will be the first in his 12year career.  Their upcoming schedule looks mighty tough.

How about one of these refs grab their nuts and throw a flag when Aaron Rodgers sticks his nose in an on-field official conference?  They don't need your help, I don't need you to signal the call before the refs do.  You don't let anyone else get away with that crap.  This week he had his arm around one of the officials between plays.  WTF???  

+1 The refs should tell him to take his covid-breathing ass somewhere else.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:02 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well given the schedule your resurgent 49ers are poised to go on a run.  Do not get too cocky on us though. Remember, you have Jimmy G as your QB.  You know, the guy that missed and open receiver that would have won the Super Bowl.  One they should have won. 

I'm just happy they're over .500 and not in the cellar. Seattle can spend the season there and mope. 

It might be time to sit Russell Wilson and see what Geno Smith can do. He can't do any worse than what Wilson has done these last few games. Absolutely dismal. Whether it is Wilson's fault or the OC's play-calling or a combination of both, I have never seen Seattle look so futile on offense since the Pete Carroll-Russell Wilson era began. Seattle's defense has actually been playing better of late, keeping Seattle in these games. But then the offense trots out their 3-and-out playbook and the defense has to go back out on the field. By the 4th quarter, the defense is gassed.

Big changes loom in the off-season for Seattle. Russ might be gone. Pete and the GM, too.

Edited by Strider

On 11/29/2021 at 9:30 PM, redrum said:

I'm just happy they're over .500 and not in the cellar. Seattle can spend the season there and mope. 

Seattle is done for this year.  I still think the Cardinals are over rated and I would not be surprised if they find it tough in Chicago with inclement weather to deal with?  Maybe.  The Bills have NE coming in.  Tennessee actually ran the ball right through them but just kept fumbling all day.  That is what beat them in that game.  If we do not turn it over, we win.

On 11/30/2021 at 2:29 PM, Strider said:

It might be time to sit Russell Wilson and see what Geno Smith can do. He can't do any worse than what Wilson has done these last few games. Absolutely dismal. Whether it is Wilson's fault or the OC's play-calling or a combination of both, I have never seen Seattle look so futile on offense since the Pete Carroll-Russell Wilson era began. Seattle's defense has actually been playing better of late, keeping Seattle in these games. But then the offense trots out their 3-and-out playbook and the defense has to go back out on the field. By the 4th quarter, the defense is gassed.

Big changes loom in the off-season for Seattle. Russ might be gone. Pete and the GM, too.

I agree. Geno was at least getting the ball to DK and Lockett. Now they've signed Peterson to run the ball...oh boy! Plus they don't even have the top 5 draft pick they are earning due to the Adams disaster of a trade.

Snow is pretty much a certainty for Monday nights game between Bills and NE.  90% chance of precipitation says the weather channel.  Pete Prisco and Colin Cowherd both picking my Bills to beat them.   If its  a Blizzard obviously both teams have played often in the snow.  BUT, not sure about this rookie kid they have?  It sucks we lost our star CB Trey White for the season.  But Teron Johnson and Dane Jackson are both plenty good.  Johnson is great.  Took Lamar to the house in playoffs, 105 yard pick for a TD and took Rothlesburger to the house when Steelers were 7-0.  Our D is number one in the NFL.  Theirs is 2nd or 3rd.  BUT, Tennessee ran at will on them.  Only reason they won was tons of turnovers by Titans.  They gave the game away inside the NE red zone.  If we hang on to the ball we win.

Sunday might be a day filled with a lot of lackluster football games starting with my Fins hosting the G-Men. I know that conventional thinking usually says to throw out records when divisional foes get together, but if the Steelers and Broncos both don't catch a beatdown tomorrow, I'll be shocked....

11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Sunday might be a day filled with a lot of lackluster football games starting with my Fins hosting the G-Men. I know that conventional thinking usually says to throw out records when divisional foes get together, but if the Steelers and Broncos both don't catch a beatdown tomorrow, I'll be shocked....

Your Dolphins have won 4 in a row.  After we dispose of the trash from NE tomorrow you guys will be able to catch them and own them with a win.  That would be a sweep.  But first, Miami opened 3 point favorites over the Giants and it has gone to 6!  I would not lay 6.  Who thought 6 weeks ago they would win 5 in a row?  Jones cant play so that is the reason for the line. And I believe that makes Miami a solid pick.  There are some real toss ups.  Cincy and the Chargers.  I believe Pittsburgh can beat the Ravens who do not look so good right now.  Baker Mayfield sure needed the rest.  If he continues to struggle i would likely go to Case Keenum.  Until he is fixed next year. If there is bad weather in Chicago, I think the Cardinals would be wise to not play Murray.  And I doubt they will. The Bears could upset them with any offense.  If Denver and the Raiders win that division will be another log jam.

The Packers are on their bye week, so they have no game today. The only games of any interest to a Packers fan would be Bears/Cardinals and Vikings/Lions. It would be great if the Cards lost, but I can't see the Bears beating them and as far as the other game goes, I loathe the Vikings and their fans, so if the winless Lions could knock them off, I'd laugh myself sick.

4 hours ago, Electrophile said:

The Packers are on their bye week, so they have no game today. The only games of any interest to a Packers fan would be Bears/Cardinals and Vikings/Lions. It would be great if the Cards lost, but I can't see the Bears beating them and as far as the other game goes, I loathe the Vikings and their fans, so if the winless Lions could knock them off, I'd laugh myself sick.

Start laughing!

I'm happy for them, and it doesn't change their draft position, and you're right.  Vikings suck!

14 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Start laughing!

I'm happy for them, and it doesn't change their draft position, and you're right.  Vikings suck!

🤣 🤣  🤣 🤣

I've always had a soft spot for the Lions. They've got some loyal goddamn fans, and I respect the hell out of that. It's easy to stay with a team when they're great, it's another to stay when they're not.

Doesn't mean I don't hope the Packers beat them again this year. 😉