2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

On 1/11/2022 at 5:53 PM, Strider said:

Should be some good games this weekend. Can the 49ers upset the Cowboys?

Cowboys are like the Bills in one regard, the play of the qb, will Dallas get  good Dak or bad Dak, when he's on he can be incredible and make great decisions, zero turnovers, but when he's bad he can have cowboy fans scratching their heads for a week, Allen last night was more than good  he was outstanding, zero turnovers, made huge plays with his legs,  just fantastic but  this year and an years past he also can make plays or decisions that i'm sure have Bills fans scratching their heads to, anyways yes with 49ers ability to run and Daks ability to make  me pull my hair out there can be an upset, we'll see

Very windy, cloudy and was stormy this morning in central Florida. RoJo and Lenny out for the Bucs today. Gio Bernard, Vaughn and Le’Veon Bell will be the rb’s. Philly has their best chance possible of pulling out an upset. 
SF rolling into Dallas as arguably the hottest team in the NFL. 
Could be an interesting day…

18 hours ago, the chase said:

hi Rick. We're good thanks. Hope you and your Family are well. We both had Covid in September.. We were lucky we didn't get it too bad.

Tom Brady was pretty much a rookie when he stepped in for Drew Bledsoe. It was his second year, but he didn't really play at all his first year... but yeah, point taken..

The Patriots haven't been the same since the Bi-week, they went from 7 wins in a row to 1-3... but we'll see what happens.. Pretty one sided game so far..   

Well by now you know the Bills are moving on and I love their chances.  I cant believe you got Covid?  How bad was it?  Man.  Good to know you got through.  I have this curse called type 2.  Sucks

5 hours ago, Walter said:

Very windy, cloudy and was stormy this morning in central Florida. RoJo and Lenny out for the Bucs today. Gio Bernard, Vaughn and Le’Veon Bell will be the rb’s. Philly has their best chance possible of pulling out an upset. 
SF rolling into Dallas as arguably the hottest team in the NFL. 
Could be an interesting day…

What have you to say about my Bills now Walter?

20 hours ago, Walter said:

7 degrees at Orchard Park, NY right now with a feels like temp of -5

Bengals move on with some help from the refs. Sorry Strider. We were pulling for da Raidas! I think they just called another holding penalty….🙄

I am not blaming the refs. Raiders lost pure and simple. Joe Burrows and the Bengals were ready to play from the get-go and Carr turning the ball over early set the tone of the game and had the Raiders playing catch-up from the beginning.

That whistle was blown long after Burrows threw the ball, so the fact that Tyler Boyd was wide open when he caught the ball suggests that the Raiders were in no position to defend the pass even if no whistle had been blown. It was an easy touchdown either way.

The refs even gave the Raiders a break on that final drive with that horrible roughing the passer personal foul on the Bengals that kept the Raiders drive alive. Of course Carr could not cash it in and threw a pick soon after.

I have never believed Carr was the guy to lead the Raiders to playoff wins. I just can't trust a QB who wears eyeliner.

16 minutes ago, Strider said:

I am not blaming the refs. Raiders lost pure and simple. Joe Burrows and the Bengals were ready to play from the get-go and Carr turning the ball over early set the tone of the game and had the Raiders playing catch-up from the beginning.

That whistle was blown long after Burrows threw the ball, so the fact that Tyler Boyd was wide open when he caught the ball suggests that the Raiders were in no position to defend the pass even if no whistle had been blown. It was an easy touchdown either way.

The refs even gave the Raiders a break on that final drive with that horrible roughing the passer personal foul on the Bengals that kept the Raiders drive alive. Of course Carr could not cash it in and threw a pick soon after.

I have never believed Carr was the guy to lead the Raiders to playoff wins. I just can't trust a QB who wears eyeliner.

And last play was 2 yards short of goal line, need yo run your routes and be in end zone and throw to receiver beyond goal line

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well by now you know the Bills are moving on and I love their chances.  I cant believe you got Covid?  How bad was it?  Man.  Good to know you got through.  I have this curse called type 2.  Sucks

They beat New England pretty soundly.. that first interception hurt bad... 14 point swing right there.. and it was game over with the turn over in the 3rd.  The bi-week... killed their momentum, which is odd.

If the Bills play as good as they did last night, they could win it all. Not sure how consistent they are though. They're due, a very good team and their fans are loyal,  so best of luck. 

Thanks... We were lucky both my Wife and I. Mild temperature for 2-3 days, mostly very tired.. The fatigue lasted about 3 weeks..

My youngest and her Husband got it a few months earlier. They did ok too.    

8 minutes ago, the chase said:

They beat New England pretty soundly.. that first interception hurt bad... 14 point swing right there.. and it was game over with the turn over in the 3rd.  The bi-week... killed their momentum, which is odd.

If the Bills play as good as they did last night, they could win it all. Not sure how consistent they are though. They're due, a very good team and their fans are loyal,  so best of luck. 

Thanks... We were lucky both my Wife and I. Mild temperature for 2-3 days, mostly very tired.. The fatigue lasted about 3 weeks..

My youngest and her Husband got it a few months earlier. They did ok too.    

We know a woman who got it and her 3 year old son.  The kid did better than her. She finally got taste back.  Strange virus that pretty much put the entire World on hold.  Still not done either.  Now Omicron.  Sucks.  Prices are up.  Travel is down.  Its a nightmare

WTF was that last play? You cannot run up the middle in that situation unless you get down immediately after passing the first down marker...or get down around the 25 yard line. That gives you time to spike it and get one more play off.

Edited by Strider

15 minutes ago, Strider said:

WTF was that last play? You cannot run up the middle in that situation unless you get down immediately after passing the first down marker...or get down around the 25 yard line. That gives you time to spike it and get one more play off.

Another WTF?!? Moment. 

the last play sums up  cowboys coaching and Dak, not  a winning combination, as a lifetime cowboy fan who lived and died with Landry and Staubach and the doomsday defense I will stand with what I told my kids about Tony Romo and Dak Prescott " you won't win a super bowl with either guy as your  quarterback, Romo was easy to  say and believe time will probably prove me right with Dak, anyways horrible coaching, players not prepared to play and  guys making stupid penalties and even then they had a slim chance at end

2 hours ago, Strider said:

yes, agree but ref has to physically touch and spot ball and he didn't even enter the picture until 3 more seconds ticked off, horrible call, need to take 2 shots to the end zone, guess Dallas never heard of the Hail Mary lol, Staubach must be shaking his head in disbelief

I'll take the Niner win, but I only caught the last 11 minutes of the game on the radio. Soon as I turn the radio on Garoppolo throws a fuckin' interception. Then, they lose the linebacker. Then, Dallas scores. I was so fucking pissed off thinking they were going to blow the game. And the last 5 minutes were totally excruciating. God almighty, what a fuckin' roller coaster ride. 

11 hours ago, Walter said:

Not much overall. Let’s see when they play the elite. 

Well they gave NE a beatdown they wont soon forget.  Elite according to the experts. And their D was top 3.  Bills, NE, New Orleans.  Now they go back to KC where they did beat them pretty good. It wont be easy but it wont be easy for them either. That is the ticket IMO.  Win that game and they will beat the next opponent.  The Super Bowl if they get there will be the tough one vs either GB or Rams I believe. I like the Rams tonight.  I still see a Rams at GB NFC final.  I think your Cowboys should move on from Prescott. 

4 hours ago, redrum said:

I'll take the Niner win, but I only caught the last 11 minutes of the game on the radio. Soon as I turn the radio on Garoppolo throws a fuckin' interception. Then, they lose the linebacker. Then, Dallas scores. I was so fucking pissed off thinking they were going to blow the game. And the last 5 minutes were totally excruciating. God almighty, what a fuckin' roller coaster ride. 

niners thoroughly  out played and out coached Dallas, run the ball next week against Greenbay and you might win again

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well they gave NE a beatdown they wont soon forget.  Elite according to the experts. And their D was top 3.  Bills, NE, New Orleans.  Now they go back to KC where they did beat them pretty good. It wont be easy but it wont be easy for them either. That is the ticket IMO.  Win that game and they will beat the next opponent.  The Super Bowl if they get there will be the tough one vs either GB or Rams I believe. I like the Rams tonight.  I still see a Rams at GB NFC final.  I think your Cowboys should move on from Prescott. 

congrats, you had great Allen and Dallas had lousy Dak, shame  Bills/kc isn't the following week, 2 best teams I believe in afc but with Henry returning and fresh? Prescott came up weak again and  looks even  more lame by blaming the refs and not himself and his team for such a lackluster performance

16 hours ago, custard pie man said:

yes, agree but ref has to physically touch and spot ball and he didn't even enter the picture until 3 more seconds ticked off, horrible call, need to take 2 shots to the end zone, guess Dallas never heard of the Hail Mary lol, Staubach must be shaking his head in disbelief

A good quarterback knows the procedure. Therefore, had Dak merely given the ball to the ref after his slide instead of handing it to his lumbering center, that would have saved time and allowed them to spike the ball. Still, what was MCCARTHY and the coaching staff even thinking calling a qb draw in that situation?

But then, we all said a few years ago that Dallas hiring McCarthy was a mistake from the get-go.

6 minutes ago, Strider said:

A good quarterback knows the procedure. Therefore, had Dak merely given the ball to the ref after his slide instead of handing it to his lumbering center, that would have saved time and allowed them to spike the ball. Still, what was MCCARTHY and the coaching staff even thinking calling a qb draw in that situation?

But then, we all said a few years ago that Dallas hiring McCarthy was a mistake from the get-go.

A Brady or a Brees would of had 2 plays already called and went for it, perhaps first play in 4-5 seconds at 20 and perhaps 2 shots from there, coach and Dak and whole team played like shit and question for Jerry, why pay Elliot all this money if you won't use him?the more prepared to play team won, no excuses and they deserved it

34 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

A Brady or a Brees would of had 2 plays already called and went for it, perhaps first play in 4-5 seconds at 20 and perhaps 2 shots from there, coach and Dak and whole team played like shit and question for Jerry, why pay Elliot all this money if you won't use him?the more prepared to play team won, no excuses and they deserved it

Yeah, what is the deal with Zeke disappearing in the playoffs? Marshawn Lynch, Emmitt Smith, Marcus Allen, John Riggins, Franco Harris, Larry Czonka...these men ran like beasts in the big playoff games. I cannot think of a single signature Ezekiel Elliott moment in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Yeah, what is the deal with Zeke disappearing in the playoffs? Marshawn Lynch, Emmitt Smith, Marcus Allen, John Riggins, Franco Harris, Larry Czonka...these men ran like beasts in the big playoff games. I cannot think of a single signature Ezekiel Elliott moment in the playoffs.

well he can only do what they allow lol, did you catch his block on the blitz? 2 guys coming in hard and he sort of jumped sideways and laid them both out

11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Congrats on your win Rick.