2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

19 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Micah Hyde should have told the team to play up on Kelce and tell Leslie Frazier to go fuck himself. I hope that clown is gone to Chicago.  And I would fire McDermott even though I know they wont. What kind of a marble head like him does not pooch kick the ball with 13 fucking seconds left?  Asshole.

yeah a good squib kick that ends up around the 10 would of eaten 3-5 seconds typically, 2 guys to defend and the #1 defense did neither, prevent defense only prevents team from winning, fire coach? c'mon your over reacting, emotional, they'll be back, growing pains, took Landry years of heartbreak before he won, Shula too

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Micah Hyde should have told the team to play up on Kelce and tell Leslie Frazier to go fuck himself. I hope that clown is gone to Chicago.  And I would fire McDermott even though I know they wont. What kind of a marble head like him does not pooch kick the ball with 13 fucking seconds left?  Asshole.

Pooching may not have been a solution.  I believe the clock doesn't start until it's touched by either team.  It could have been immediately downed, or even worse, rolled out of bounds.  That penalty would have put the ball at the 35 yard line or closer (depending where it went out) without taking any time off the clock.  Kicking it deep in the end zone was really the best way to prevent a possible return for a touchdown on the kickoff itself.    

8 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Pooching may not have been a solution.  I believe the clock doesn't start until it's touched by either team.  It could have been immediately downed, or even worse, rolled out of bounds.  That penalty would have put the ball at the 35 yard line or closer (depending where it went out) without taking any time off the clock.  Kicking it deep in the end zone was really the best way to prevent a possible return for a touchdown on the kickoff itself.    

yeah it doesn't start until touched but no one takes a knee at 10, they run it out which takes time off clock, the squib is  the groundout, the pooch is  more of a lazy kick in the air which i'm sure would of resulted in a fair catch and no time  off the clock, either way would of been better that what the Bills came up with sorry to say

On 1/26/2022 at 9:01 AM, Bong-Man said:

Ah, the music city miracle theory.  No way Bonger No way.  You pooch or squib the fucking ball to around the 20 or 15 and even if they field it clean its going to take 3 seconds minimum to down it.  If they used the fair catch rule used on a punt. Then the stupid prick Frazier hung us out to dry again with his bullshit prevent sideline defense.  Nobody on fucking Kelce?  Unreal. 

On 1/26/2022 at 7:54 AM, custard pie man said:

yeah a good squib kick that ends up around the 10 would of eaten 3-5 seconds typically, 2 guys to defend and the #1 defense did neither, prevent defense only prevents team from winning, fire coach? c'mon your over reacting, emotional, they'll be back, growing pains, took Landry years of heartbreak before he won, Shula too

McDermott cost us 4 games with his stupid shit ass coaching. Brian Doboll is the only one with brains.  The blown QB sneak vs Tenn that if Josh had gone play action he could have walked in. McDermott should have at least called time out and let Grobol or whatever his name is think about it.  The Tampa game we came all the way  back only to get fucked by the refs on a no call sure pass interference in the end zone to end regulation. Would have won it for the Bills.  Let Wallace go.  He is the one that is not locked in.  We can get better.  Trey White will be back. McDermott took no responsibility for his stupid decisions. 13 seconds. That goes  down with Wide Right and Music City Nightmare.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Ah, the music city miracle theory.  No way Bonger No way.  You pooch or squib the fucking ball to around the 20 or 15 and even if they field it clean its going to take 3 seconds minimum to down it.  If they used the fair catch rule used on a punt. Then the stupid prick Frazier hung us out to dry again with his bullshit prevent sideline defense.  Nobody on fucking Kelce?  Unreal. 

I honestly feel for you Rick.  That was a lousy way to lose.  I have to admit though that after the Bills scored, I had the thought it wasn't over yet.  With a couple plays left either way, I was thinking a long pass with an interference call could put the Chiefs in field goal range.  Witnessing the "Miracle in Motown" in person taught me all about, "it ain't over till it's over."  Losing on a record 66 yard field goal this year didn't help those thoughts either.  A game for the ages though.  As long as Allen stays healthy, the Bills will be back.  

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

My picks for the championship games.

Chiefs

Niners (I think after last week, I finally learned my lesson about picking against San Fran) 

Super Bowl rematch, here we come...

Would love to see that, just to watch them Niners get spanked "one mo' again" in the big game 😛

Loved em in the 90s, hate em now lol. They're my fav team to root against.

20 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Yeah, I think after the Montana/Young era ended, the Niners have a big goose egg in the big game--even though those were 2 very good games against the Ravens and Chiefs....

Those were both great games, for sure. Especially the Chiefs game.

Buffalo's Leslie Frazier and Tampa Bay's Todd Bowles both screwed the pooch and have serious questions to answer for before I would consider hiring them as my head coach. Sean McDermott and Bruce Arians also deserve scrutiny for their actions/inactions. Oh well, we have all off season for that.

As such, we now have four teams in the conference finals who by all rights should not even be here, if Tennessee, Green Bay, Tampa Bay and Buffalo had not done some downright stupid things last weekend.

My wobbly picks are Kansas City and San Francisco.

Suck it, Aaron Rodgers. :lol:

Edited by Strider

9 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

My picks for the championship games.

Chiefs

Niners (I think after last week, I finally learned my lesson about picking against San Fran) 

Super Bowl rematch, here we come...

Love my boy Deebo! Took me to 3 fantasy football titles this year. So I gotta pick the Niners, even though beating a team three times in a season is rare. 
AFC - Chiefs. Burrow is special, but….not yet Super Bowl bound, IMO. 
I just read the Giants are hiring the Bills OC as their new HC. Poor guy. 

22 minutes ago, Walter said:

Love my boy Deebo! Took me to 3 fantasy football titles this year. So I gotta pick the Niners, even though beating a team three times in a season is rare. 
AFC - Chiefs. Burrow is special, but….not yet Super Bowl bound, IMO. 
I just read the Giants are hiring the Bills OC as their new HC. Poor guy. 

Are Sean Payton and Mike Zimmer coming to Dallas? Or is Jerry still going to keep that clown McCarthy?

Edited by Strider

13 minutes ago, Strider said:

Are Sean Payton and Mike Zimmer coming to Dallas? Or is Jerry still going to keep that clown McCarthy?

what I heard this morning was Jones endorsed McCarthy for another year, believe Payton has  3 years left on his deal,  we know its illegal to talk with Payton before he announced his intentions but so isn't insider trading, so for sure  a deal has been worked out, Payton is coming, the question is how much?, not what Payton get paid but what Saints are to receive in compensation, he may sit this year and  do tv or drink margaritas but firmly believe he is going to Dallas, a great coach, best offensive mind in the game, he and Brees were crazy good but had no defense, maybe he can control Dak?

12 hours ago, custard pie man said:

what I heard this morning was Jones endorsed McCarthy for another year, believe Payton has  3 years left on his deal,  we know its illegal to talk with Payton before he announced his intentions but so isn't insider trading, so for sure  a deal has been worked out, Payton is coming, the question is how much?, not what Payton get paid but what Saints are to receive in compensation, he may sit this year and  do tv or drink margaritas but firmly believe he is going to Dallas, a great coach, best offensive mind in the game, he and Brees were crazy good but had no defense, maybe he can control Dak?

They are not going anywhere.  That guy should be out of football after bounty gate.  Dallas will have their hands full if Fitzpatrick can return as he was. And Philly is going to make moves.  The Giants are the only one I would count out   

I am waiting for the lines to move.  I cant believe there has been no movement yet. But the word is that John Q Public will drive the over and under up tomorrow on the KC/Cincy game.  Only game I am watching is the Rams game. I am all in on the Rams to win it all. I hope. Waiting for that line to drop to 3 also.   Shocked it has not. If it does not then money line only

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They are not going anywhere.  That guy should be out of football after bounty gate.  Dallas will have their hands full if Fitzpatrick can return as he was. And Philly is going to make moves.  The Giants are the only one I would count out   

I am waiting for the lines to move.  I cant believe there has been no movement yet. But the word is that John Q Public will drive the over and under up tomorrow on the KC/Cincy game.  Only game I am watching is the Rams game. I am all in on the Rams to win it all. I hope. Waiting for that line to drop to 3 also.   Shocked it has not. If it does not then money line only

for the record Payton has steadfastly denied and nfl really didn't show much proof at all, sort of like impeachment 123, were getting pounded currently in new england , wonder what weather willl be in kc?, shit weather could give advantage to cinncy?

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Keepin the clown. Also keeping Dan Quinn. I don’t think Payton is going to take a job and since he’s under contract, I think he would have to be traded for. Dallas is as predictable as Buffalo not winning a Super Bowl. 😉 

27 minutes ago, Walter said:

Keepin the clown. Also keeping Dan Quinn. I don’t think Payton is going to take a job and since he’s under contract, I think he would have to be traded for. Dallas is as predictable as Buffalo not winning a Super Bowl. 😉 

Walter, Brees is rumored to  take over sunday nite football with Mike T., Romo solid on cbs, Aikman solid on fox, leaves only espn for Payton to do a year or two of tv so as not to cost new team money and picks?

When a team wins with 9 sacks, it makes predictions a little more difficult.  KC's experience should rule the day.  I have to go with the 49ers in the NFC.  Considering how much these teams like to pass, it's a good thing neither game is being held in the blizzard.  Looking forward to two good games.

A year in, the top of last year's draft was pretty outstanding for everyone.  Giving the QBs an incomplete, there really wasn't a bad pick in the bunch.

54 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

When a team wins with 9 sacks, it makes predictions a little more difficult.  KC's experience should rule the day.  I have to go with the 49ers in the NFC.  Considering how much these teams like to pass, it's a good thing neither game is being held in the blizzard.  Looking forward to two good games.

A year in, the top of last year's draft was pretty outstanding for everyone.  Giving the QBs an incomplete, there really wasn't a bad pick in the bunch.

think few weeks back bengals got the best of kc if memory hasn't failed me , hopefully 2 competitive games coming, I to like San Fran