2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

I'm not sure how I feel the morning after. The score would indicate that this was a great game, but I just thought it was pretty good--maybe my personal feelings came into play since I was rooting for the Bengals...

Anyway,  congrats to the Rams--they put all their chips on the table and it paid off.

I also agree with the comments about Salma Hayek--to quote Chris Tucker, "Damn, you fine"....  😍

Edited by paul carruthers

I didn't give a sh!t about the game or the commercials, I was only interested in the Halftime Show, which was absolutely amazing. I wish Mary J. Blige did a bit of "Real Love," but otherwise, no complaints. I've been enjoying all the old fogies on Twitter complaining about the rappin' and the hippin' and the hoppin', but they'll get over it. It wasn't better than Prince in 2007 or U2 in 2002, but it was better than it's been in the last decade at least. I know they want to appeal to the widest possible audience, hence the over reliance on Classic Rock, but more than just Baby Boomers watch the Super Bowl.

The game was so-so until the end, when after the injury to Odell Beckham, Jr. (and with the Rams already missing Robert Woods) everyone knew that the Rams would have to go to Cooper Kupp and the Cincinnati Bengals obliged by leaving Eli Apple alone on him. Bad mistake on the Bengals part. I swear people (especially black players) look at Cooper Kupp and see a white guy and think there is no way he is faster than me. How else to explain how he always manages to get open at crucial moments. Julian Edelman was the same way.

The Bengals had control of this game...they had the lead and had just intercepted Matthew Stafford...and then they turned back into the Bungles. Every Bengals drive after they intercepted Stafford was abysmal. Congrats to Matthew Stafford for getting out of the stench of Detroit and capping his career with a ring. The Rams were all-in this year and they finished the job. Can they do it again with their aging veteran players and lack of cap space and draft picks? I doubt it. Cincinnati seems a better bet to return to the Super Bowl, even though the AFC is a monstrous minefield now.

I had a friend (who is primarily a Philly Eagles fan) who went to the game...she found tix in the upper deck for $800...and she was rooting for the Rams, so she was very happy last night.

I only liked one commercial...the one with Salma Hayek and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Zeus. The only problem is I cannot remember what the commercial was for, so in that sense it failed. 

I liked the halftime show. 2022's wasn't quite up there with Prince and Tom Petty but it was better than most have been. The 90s were the last good era for hip-hop, before trap beats and autotune ruined everything. So if they are going to have hiphop at the Super Bowl, better Snoop Dogg, Mary J., and Eminem than The Weeknd, Megan thee Stallion, and Migos.

A good game to bet the under. The Rams under McVay struggle to score in the Super Bowl and the Cincinnati Bengals have now scored 21, 16, and 20 in their three Super Bowls.

I can't wait until next season. Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Mahomes and who knows how many more youngsters coming up in the league. And another season where Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr, and Dak Prescott will choke.

The play that sticks out for me is the Bengals drive with about 6 minutes left on the clock, Joe Burrow hits a wide open receiver who dropped the ball. Who knows how much more time Cincy could have run off the clock & possibly scored again...

Of course, the Bengals had plenty of opportunities prior to that to score again and the O-line couldn't protect Burrow...

1 hour ago, Electrophile said:

I didn't give a sh!t about the game or the commercials, I was only interested in the Halftime Show, which was absolutely amazing. I wish Mary J. Blige did a bit of "Real Love," but otherwise, no complaints. I've been enjoying all the old fogies on Twitter complaining about the rappin' and the hippin' and the hoppin', but they'll get over it. It wasn't better than Prince in 2007 or U2 in 2002, but it was better than it's been in the last decade at least. I know they want to appeal to the widest possible audience, hence the over reliance on Classic Rock, but more than just Baby Boomers watch the Super Bowl.

I don't think anyone could top Prince's half-time show, that was the GOAT as was Prince, insofar as individual musicians of the 20th - 21st centuries goes.

Great game, though surprised how the Bangles stomped on their own dick several times late in the 4th quarter. Too bad.

14 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

I don't think anyone could top Prince's half-time show, that was the GOAT as was Prince, insofar as individual musicians of the 20th - 21st centuries goes.

Prince singing Purple Rain, in the rain? Yeah, that's never being topped. It's Prince. Everyone should watch and learn. THIS is how you do it.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:03 PM, the chase said:

Congratulations to The  L.A. Rams and their Fans.  .

This would be the 2nd Super Bowl I walked away happy from.  The Rams have been my 2nd fav team since the 70s.  I guess Super Bowl 5 was a happy ending for me too. My late old man tossed me out of the house, as I cheered for the Colts vs Dallas. He had $60 on Dallas.  A hefty wager for 1971. LOL.  The "blunder bowl" it was once called. About 9 turnovers.  The Colts had been upset by the Jets in historical fashion in 69 to Namath's Jets.  Mike Curtis picked off the pass with less than 5 left and Jim Obrian, a rookie FG kicker, won it for the Colts.  His kick was about half the distance of Norwoods.  

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

This would be the 2nd Super Bowl I walked away happy from.  The Rams have been my 2nd fav team since the 70s.  I guess Super Bowl 5 was a happy ending for me too. My late old man tossed me out of the house, as I cheered for the Colts vs Dallas. He had $60 on Dallas.  A hefty wager for 1971. LOL.  The "blunder bowl" it was once called. About 9 turnovers.  The Colts had been upset by the Jets in historical fashion in 69 to Namath's Jets.  Mike Curtis picked off the pass with less than 5 left and Jim Obrian, a rookie FG kicker, won it for the Colts.  His kick was about half the distance of Norwoods.  

Mike Curtis. One of the old school badasses. 

The gushing over Matthew Stafford by some of these networks is getting to be a bit much. Now (supposedly) he's elite and better than Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Burrow, Herbert and anyone else you may want to name as a great QB in the NFL right now. Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring, too & no one is putting him in the Hall of Fame...

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The gushing over Matthew Stafford by some of these networks is getting to be a bit much. Now (supposedly) he's elite and better than Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Burrow, Herbert and anyone else you may want to name as a great QB in the NFL right now. Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring, too & no one is putting him in the Hall of Fame...

Exactly. And as a man he’s a POS after the lady photographer fell off the stage and broke her spine in front of him and he just turned and walked away. 

17 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

didn't he have 2 picks? also is 49er dude  just caught  the  easy interception rams and Stafford wouldn't be in it

On 2/17/2022 at 6:53 PM, Walter said:

Exactly. And as a man he’s a POS after the lady photographer fell off the stage and broke her spine in front of him and he just turned and walked away. 

When I watch the video it looks like he says "Oh!' My bad"  then walks away. what a tool.