2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, 1975NQ said:

Nothing strikes more fear into an opponent then when they hear they're facing ... the Washington Incumbents!!!

Yeah, Commanders is a horrible name.

Thought they might go with the Washington GQP... Personally I liked the Washington Football Team - sounded old school. Even though I usually referred to them as the WTF :lol: 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Thought they might go with the Washington GQP... Personally I liked the Washington Football Team - sounded old school. Even though I usually referred to them as the WTF :lol: 

That is what ebk and I have been calling them ever since they got rid of Redskins.

The only thing Washington will be commanding is last place in the NFC East.

1 hour ago, custard pie man said:

loved Redskins vs. cowboys, anyone old enough here to remember the Tom Landry commercial for I believe American express? Landry walks into a western saloon dressed like Clint Eastwood and he's surrounded by redskins, guess those days are gone, to bad

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

That is what ebk and I have been calling them ever since they got rid of Redskins.

The only thing Washington will be commanding is last place in the NFC East.

It just rolls off the tongue too easily! Then they back it up with their ownership/front office blunders. :lol: 

Will Snyder turn the cheerleaders into the Commandhoes?? 

35 minutes ago, Walter said:

It helps that I have a number of friends who are Washington fans. Won lots of drinks off them this year!! :beer:

Nice! 😛 I'm in Niners territory and am so glad they lost but have been keeping quiet about it. Actually, here in Sac I'd guess there are more Raiders fans vs Niners, but with all the transplants from the bay area the past few years, I'd say it's 50-50 now

Edited by 1975NQ

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Why didn't Washington just go with Comanches? Then they could have kept the Indian logo on their helmets.

They should have kept Redskins and changed the logo to a potato (ha ha... I know).  I've been calling them the Taters for a loooong time.  Until they made it so easy with WTF :D 

On 2/2/2022 at 12:59 PM, Walter said:

It just rolls off the tongue too easily! Then they back it up with their ownership/front office blunders. :lol: 

Will Snyder turn the cheerleaders into the Commandhoes?? 

This reminds me ... the Washington Commandos would have been badass. But after googling, turns out there already was one in the Arena Football League from way back when.

47 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I wonder if Washington and San Francisco should swap team names, because Commanders sounds really gay.

No way!! SF needs to keep the 49ers name. Mainly, so that when guys talk shit about the women in SF (it is BAD out there), they can continue to say "yeah, she's a 49er". This is code for a girl who is a 4 and acts like she's a 9. Which is a thing in the bay area 😂

4 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

No way!! SF needs to keep the 49ers name. Mainly, so that when guys talk shit about the women in SF (it is BAD out there), they can continue to say "yeah, she's a 49er". This is code for a girl who is a 4 and acts like she's a 9. Which is a thing in the bay area 😂

If they called them the SF 50's then she would finally think she was a 10. 

10 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Never been to SF, but that's a funny anecdote.