2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, custard pie man said:

Brady is done!

I'm kind of surprised. He showed no drop-off this year. If Tampa's defense doesn't gag in those last 40 seconds, Brady would be playing for another Super Bowl. Methinks Gisele had a say in this decision.

Next stop, Canton Ohio.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I'm kind of surprised. He showed no drop-off this year. If Tampa's defense doesn't gag in those last 40 seconds, Brady would be playing for another Super Bowl. Methinks Gisele had a say in this decision.

Next stop, Canton Ohio.

How about one season with the Niners before he bows out? 

The Cincinnati Bengals, the dreck of the league, the incompetent Bungles of the post-Paul Brown years, are going to the Super Bowl! 😮

That has to give Cowboys and Raiders fans a little hope. See? It is possible to rise from the ashes. Well, maybe not the Jets and Detroit.

Edited by Strider

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Shocked but happy by Cincinnati's win! I thought Kansas City being at home would give them the edge over the Bengals. These aren't your Bungles of old.

Yup. I really didn't want to see the Chiefs in a third consecutive SB, just didn't believe in the Bungles. Lightening struck twice. Good on 'em.

Look at the AFC now. Joe Burrow in Cincinnati. Josh Allen in Buffalo. Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City. That is the gauntlet teams in the AFC will face for the next ten years trying to get to the Super Bowl. I would add Justin Herbert in San Diego but San Diego is cursed to never quite figure it out.

Sorry Raiders. You are never going to make it with David Carr as your quarterback. He is not up to the task. Time to upgrade. 

Tua at Miami? Who knows...is the jury still out on him?

Meanwhile, the NFC has become wide open as it has become the land of grizzled old QBs. Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay (or wherever). Russell Wilson in Seattle (or wherever). Matthew Stafford in L.A. Tom Brady in Tampa Bay (or not). Kirk Cousins in Minnesota. Ryan Fitzpatrick in Washington. Jimmy G in San Francisco. Dak Prescott in Dallas (yeah, he is still under 30 but it seems like he's been around a long time).

Who are the hot young guns in the NFC that are equal to Burrow, Allen & Mahomes? Hmmmm...Kyler Murray in Arizona, Daniel Jones in New York? These guys don't really strike fear in anyone. I guess we will see if Trey Lance is really all that for San Francisco next year.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Look at the AFC now. Joe Burrow in Cincinnati. Josh Allen in Buffalo. Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City. That is the gauntlet teams in the AFC will face for the next ten years trying to get to the Super Bowl. I would add Justin Herbert in San Diego but San Diego is cursed to never quite figure it out.

Sorry Raiders. You are never going to make it with David Carr as your quarterback. He is not up to the task. Time to upgrade. 

Tua at Miami? Who knows...is the jury still out on him?

Meanwhile, the NFC has become wide open as it has become the land of grizzled old QBs. Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay (or wherever). Russell Wilson in Seattle (or wherever). Matthew Stafford in L.A. Tom Brady in Tampa Bay (or not). Kirk Cousins in Minnesota. Ryan Fitzpatrick in Washington. Jimmy G in San Francisco. Dak Prescott in Dallas (yeah, he is still under 30 but it seems like he's been around a long time).

Who are the hot young guns in the NFC that are equal to Burrow, Allen & Mahomes? Hmmmm...Kyler Murray in Arizona, Daniel Jones in New York? These guys don't really strike fear in anyone. I guess we will see if Trey Lance is really all that for San Francisco next year.

Herbert may prove over time to be the best of all of them, him and Allen may have the best physical tools of any qb in the league, wonder if Bills fans watched yesterday and said" oh that is what we should of done on defense" jury out on Tua? well has the jury ever been in on Watson? believe ownership wanted the  potential predator Watson to come aboard and coach didn't agree so they fired him, unless criminal charges come watch Watson get traded to Dolphins which could happen because we know the nfl would never punish Watson, as a lifer  cowboy fan they will never win with Dak, never

36 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

Herbert may prove over time to be the best of all of them, him and Allen may have the best physical tools of any qb in the league, wonder if Bills fans watched yesterday and said" oh that is what we should of done on defense" jury out on Tua? well has the jury ever been in on Watson? believe ownership wanted the  potential predator Watson to come aboard and coach didn't agree so they fired him, unless criminal charges come watch Watson get traded to Dolphins which could happen because we know the nfl would never punish Watson, as a lifer  cowboy fan they will never win with Dak, never

I have never thought Deshaun Watson had the makings of a franchise quarterback. I just don't see "leadership" in him. I put him in the Michael Vick category.

Edited by Strider

42 minutes ago, Strider said:

I have never thought Deshaun Watson had the makings of a franchise quarterback. I just don't see "leadership" in him. I put him in the Michael Vick category.

Agreed. Having said that, he's miles better than Tua. Both Flores and the owner wanted him - they pursued him heavily. But timing wasn't right regarding legalities. Personally, I think it says a lot about both the owner and Flores that they went after someone as toxic as Watson. Miami is a toxic org atm, regarding both the owner and Flores. He was canned due to both lack of results 3 years after hiring him and he wasn't exactly beloved by a lot of the players, including Tua.

Regarding Tua, great guy but he'll never be the kind of QB that is frankly needed to get to championship status. He will get better as time goes on, from a mental toughness perspective. But he'll never be a Justin Herbert. My guess is they're hedging their bets sticking with him for now. Options for top tier QBs are slim pickins atm. I imagine they'll try unsuccessfully to get Rodgers with Tua as backup.

If they're able to beef up the OL in the off season and bring in Daboll (which I think is both smart and likely), they have a shot at playoffs next season. But I don't think they'll ever be a top tier AFC team like Bills or Chiefs until they both get a stronger QB and beef up the OL a bit, just my 2 cents.

19 hours ago, custard pie man said:

but you need to block, he didn't have a second to get ball out, not a  Garafolo fan but  he had  no time, offensive line let them down

Well, it is a moot point now. It seems San Francisco is all in on Trey Lance next season no matter what.

Whatever...if the last six years have proven anything it is that New England made the right choice in sticking with Brady and letting Jimmy G go.

Edited by Strider

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Well, it is a moot point now. It seems San Francisco is all in on Trey Lance next season no matter what.

Whatever...if the last six years have proven anything it is that New England made the right choice in sticking with Brady and letting Jimmy G go.

Be nice if Montana could become qb coach.