2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

10 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

No way!! SF needs to keep the 49ers name. Mainly, so that when guys talk shit about the women in SF (it is BAD out there), they can continue to say "yeah, she's a 49er". This is code for a girl who is a 4 and acts like she's a 9. Which is a thing in the bay area 😂

Pelosi

53 minutes ago, Walter said:

Doug Peterson new coach in Jacksonville. Heard they had him kick the punter as part of the hiring process...

Well, I guess the best thing I can say about that hire is, Doug won't be at any nightclubs getting a lapdance....

I wonder what happened to Byron Leftwich being  a candidate for a head coaching job?

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, I guess the best thing I can say about that hire is, Doug won't be at any nightclubs getting a lapdance....

I wonder what happened to Byron Leftwich being  a candidate for a head coaching job?

Yeah a good friend of mine who is a Jags fan really wanted Leftwich to be the next HC.

I don't know if anyone could be as big of a train wreck as ole Urban was. Such a POS of a human being.

The football gods blessed us with two straight weekends of great playoff games...every game went down to the last play. Will we get a great Super Bowl or a dud?

I am still considering my Super Bowl pick. It is too early. You never know who is going to get busted for cocaine or try to engage a hooker.

I'm surprised.  I figured Jimmy Harbaugh was headed to Minnesota, and he'd win the division 5 times before we did.

Ever been on a fake orchestrated interview for a job you had no chance of getting?  It sucks.  Never getting a chance to prove you deserve a job is different than getting it, failing at it, and then burning bridges.  That never works.

People are saying there will never be another Tom Brady.  They said that when Joe Montana retired too.  Considering the recent rule changes to protect QBs, it might take a generation or two, but there will be another.

On 2/4/2022 at 3:43 PM, Strider said:

The football gods blessed us with two straight weekends of great playoff games...every game went down to the last play. Will we get a great Super Bowl or a dud?

I am still considering my Super Bowl pick. It is too early. You never know who is going to get busted for cocaine or try to engage a hooker.

lets not forget having a body in the trunk of car by  Ray Lewis

From what I watched of the Pro Bowl (I was in a phone store), it was like watching paint dry. Instead of playing flag football why don't they try some shooting sports instead, like trap, skeet, iron silhouette or blast at targets with an Abrams tank. AFC vs. NFC in the 'Powder Burning Bowl.' 

JERRY GARCIA AND RIFLE.jpg

I have this weird feeling Cincinnati is gonna take it, Don't know why.

In other news, the Dolphins have a new HC with Mike McDaniel. Not sure how I feel about that, but he will def be better for the offense than Flores. I also have an ugly feeling they're gonna lose Xaiven Howard who is absolutely the star of that team. If he goes, their chances of playoffs next year take a massive nosedive. 

On 1/29/2022 at 11:23 AM, Walter said:

Keepin the clown. Also keeping Dan Quinn. I don’t think Payton is going to take a job and since he’s under contract, I think he would have to be traded for. Dallas is as predictable as Buffalo not winning a Super Bowl. 😉 

He is a clown.  Sorry Walter.  I guess they ill have to lose another year until Jerry realizes what a dumb ass he is

13 hours ago, redrum said:

From what I watched of the Pro Bowl (I was in a phone store), it was like watching paint dry. Instead of playing flag football why don't they try some shooting sports instead, like trap, skeet, iron silhouette or blast at targets with an Abrams tank. AFC vs. NFC in the 'Powder Burning Bowl.' 

JERRY GARCIA AND RIFLE.jpg

😂 does anyone watch this anymore? I chose some nascar at LA coliseum and  some golf with couple beers

This recent head coach hire by the Fins will be their 11th since the 2000 season. Apparently, we burn through coaches almost as bad as we burn through QBs. And then on top of that, hearing that Brian Flores didn't even want to draft Tua--that he wanted Justin Herbert--I just feel 2022 will be another mediocre year for my team...

29 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

This recent head coach hire by the Fins will be their 11th since the 2000 season. Apparently, we burn through coaches almost as bad as we burn through QBs. And then on top of that, hearing that Brian Flores didn't even want to draft Tua--that he wanted Justin Herbert--I just feel 2022 will be another mediocre year for my team...

I don't follow the Dolphins, but if this is true about Flores and Herbert, it makes me wonder if he should have been the one fired.  Was he a lousy coach or was he given a lousy team with a lousy Tua?

When I see stories about draft disasters like this I wonder when are the people actually making bad draft decisions ever fired?

57 minutes ago, John M said:

I don't follow the Dolphins, but if this is true about Flores and Herbert, it makes me wonder if he should have been the one fired.  Was he a lousy coach or was he given a lousy team with a lousy Tua?

When I see stories about draft disasters like this I wonder when are the people actually making bad draft decisions ever fired?

My understanding was that both Ross (owner) and Flores wanted Tua. At the time, conventional wisdom was that Tua was the superior choice over Herbert (oh how things change lol). Flores was a mixed bag as a coach. Strong on defense, spotty on offense. He used a lot of fun trick plays both last season and in the one before, probably to compensate for the lack of offensive tools. I don't think he was an inspirational leader for the team as a whole, and he definitely didn't click with Tua. I watched almost every game the past 2 seasons, and he went off on Tua publicly on the sidelines a couple times after some mistakes (Tua was given a strict set of parameters to play with and when he went outside the box with that, he would throw the odd interception 😂).

I think the Dolphins' rich, rich history of draft disasters is an ongoing saga but in recent ;years you can absolutely blame Ross. Hardcore Fins fans have been screaming for his head for a while now. The more cynical of the bunch are hoping for a bust of a year next year so that Ross will just sell the team and we can get an owner who knows how to draft or leaves it to his betters. Now, THAT is salty. But I get it. We just wanna be winning again. Like Paul says, the past 20 years have been a shit show.

Tua's completion rate is impressive ... against weak teams and averaging 7 yard throws 🤣 You move that number up to 10, bump up the OL, get a coach who is a wizard with running game, and you've got yourself a playoff team. Unless, of course, you lose some key players in the off season which we are 99% likely to do. Dolphins life. 

3 hours ago, custard pie man said:

😂 does anyone watch this anymore? I chose some nascar at LA coliseum and  some golf with couple beers

I was glad I got a preview at the beginning to avoid the rest of it. It needs to be put back AFTER the Super Bowl. 

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I have no rooting interest for this year's SB--I'll be satisfied with whoever wins. I'll just use the old adage that I'm rooting for a good game--unlike last year....

Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at for the game. Should be a huge spectacle being in LA. Looking forward to seeing Snoop and Dre at halftime. No Dogg in this fight... ;) 

Edited by Walter

The best thing about NBC broadcasting the game is that I won't have to hear Tony Romo. 

When Tony Romo first started broadcasting games on CBS with Jim Nantz, he seemed like a breath of fresh air. But he apparently has read the press clippings and it has gone to his head. He never shuts up and he gets so excited his voice squeaks like little girl. John Madden would get excited, too, but his voice was masculine and pleasant to listen to...he didn't shriek or grate like fingernails on a blackboard.

I rewatched the AFC Championship Game between Kansas City and Cincinnati and Tony Romo ruins the end of the game with his incessant hyperventilating and obsession over whether should Kansas City score immediately or take their time. He completely ignored Cincinnati's defense and what schemes they were using to confuse Mahomes and slow the Chiefs down in the second half. You're an analyst, Tony...you are supposed to analyze both sides of the game. Stop with the endless conjecture and what ifs and leave the conspiracy theories at home.