introducing myself

feather in the wind

hello zep heads! i finally joined a zep forum. i have been a fan since i was 14 yrs old, i am now 41! so that makes, um,,,hmm,,,,,,well long time i guess ;)

so i hope to participate in discussions and contribute in any way i can.

thanks

rob

p.s. i couldn't find an introduction section, so mods feel free to move

hello zep heads! i finally joined a zep forum. i have been a fan since i was 14 yrs old, i am now 41! so that makes, um,,,hmm,,,,,,well long time i guess ;)

thanks

rob

Hi and welcome, that makes you the same age as me and i got into them roughly the same age as you !! Where in Ontario are you from ??

i am about 3 hrs east of toronto, a little town called apsley, which is 40 mins northeast of peterborough, (i work in peterborough) and peterborough is about 2 hrs east of toronto.

:)

ps.. nobody can guide me into the direction of the 'word'?

it's a mason secret word, the 'lady' was a mason, building this stairway by 'degrees' in the masonic faith.

anyone?

thanks

rob

I just joined today, so that makes 2 of us. Unfortunately, I was in L.A. when they came through in the 70's. I was just a kid. I say unfortunately, because that was the disco era, also, and that's what I was interested. And I wasn't allowed out of the house unless I went to school. But I did share the '71 earthquake with Jimmy. I was in Los Angeles, and he was in Hollywood. I was 9. you do the math. It bounced me right off my bed. He didn't like it much.

I lost my job in November and the time off has allowed me to have a religious experience with Led Zeppelin that was long overdue! I'm 37, don't know how I managed not to get into the band before this except that the fates were conspiring to save them for this free time in my life...I ended up baking all my Christmas cookies to Houses of the Holy, and they were the best-tasting cookies I ever made...rock n' roll does add flavor to life, don't it?!

No music has ever made me feel so profoundly sexy and full of life...I dearly hope they know that even now, decades later, their music is turning new people on in a visceral, carnal, beautiful way.

The Led Zep III song "That's the Way" in particular speaks to me deeply....like listening to it reminds me of who I am. Like it was out there waiting for me to get laid off and become newly inspired to remember where my priorities in life should be. I hardly have the words to express how greatly this song has affected me...

'ello Feather! Welcome - friend!

You ask some of the deeper questions concerning Zep philosophy then anyone on this board.

Masonic truths, the Old Man, sticks, the Word, etc.

Be Veiled friend, unless the Truth has set you Free...

Hello everyone! I'll be brief. I'm from Denver, I'm 30 years old and I work for the Colorado Rockies baseball club. I've been a fan since I was 3 years old which would be 1980. Zep is the ONLY band that I've never gotten tired of. It's nice to see a place where we can all get together. Rock on friends!

Archived