Muscle Cars

JethroTull

When I was younger I had a MKII Capri :) I know boy racer but it had to be done :rolleyes: It was a dream to drive !! I might actually have a pic of it somewhere !!! Not sure its a muscle car whatever that means !!

5816_a.jpg

When I was younger I had a MKII Capri :) I know boy racer but it had to be done :rolleyes: It was a dream to drive !! I might actually have a pic of it somewhere !!! Not sure its a muscle car whatever that means !!

5816_a.jpg

They mean all those crappy gas guzzling pieces of American shite :D

Awww...come on....you guys race too, and guzzle that gas !!!!

even VW's !! :lol:

santa_bottum2008.jpg

santa_title2008.jpg

My last VW didn't.

We generally don't go for muscle cars here in the UK Joel.

The roads aren't wide enough :D And we need cars that can corner and have decent brakes :lol:

My last VW didn't.

We generally don't go for muscle cars here in the UK Joel.

The roads aren't wide enough :D And we need cars that can corner and have decent brakes :lol:

I've never had a muscle car...I've had a VW bug, gremlin, Datsun truck, Toyota Corolla, Mitsubishi Precis and a Suzuki wagon....

So I know what you mean.....:D

I like good ole muscle cars though....like this '67 Stingray....

86fj4mf.jpg

You drive RC cars?

I can't be happy unless I hear echos inside my car, can't see the where my car ends, but can see the ghosts many triceratops coming from the exhaust.

Something like that.

oh yeah, I could have had a Mustang Coupe 67[?] for 2,000$ but I didn't want a maintenance whore with zero safety features as my first car.

My first car was just like this one: '78 Camaro, white with red interior. My sweetheart bought it for me and drove cross country to get it to me. :wub: We drove like maniacs up and down the LA freeways, in the middle of the night, blasting our music - when there was nothing on the radio, we played the eight-track. One night we hydroplaned on the 405 and didn't come to a stop till we careened off the exit ramp. The last vehicle he bought me was a 1/2 ton pickup. Safer. :D

78canaro.jpg

Back when.

I had a 1971 Camaro. V8.

Hooker Headers capped with Thrush mufflers. That took some shade tree engineering.

Edelbrock hi-rise intake. Holley four barrel carburator.

Traction bars and air shocks

Only flaw was the factory three-speed standard tranmision and my abilty to burn up clutches.

All chrome rims and burn orange paint!

Washed and waxed weekly.

Craig 8-tack tape deck blaring Lad Zepellin The Stones or Aerosmith.

The "C" was missing on the Camaro logo and one day I was asked me "What kind of car is an "Am-A-Row"

That was her name after that.

Lethal at red light to red light drags!

mypage.jpg

That's very cool. Do you still have it? Is that you in the pic? I loved the feeling of flooring a V8 in the Camaro and the sound that it made when it took off.

No that is not me but the best photo of what my car loked like.

I wish I still had "Am-A-Row".

She cost me plenty in traffic fines and the Judge did eventually force me remove the Thrush mufflers or spend a week bunking with Big Willie in the Dallas County (Alabama) cooler.

I sold the car for 800 bucks about 1978 when one of the air shocks let go did some damage to the rear fender well. The body came down on the wide rear tires at 50 MPH.

My fondest memory of her is the 100 mile road trip my brother and I took to Birmigham to see Zeppelin. We parked the car on the street and after the show we were still so wasted from the hash oil, we spent an hour trying to find it.

I know I shouldn`t say that here but you at least got stoned at 70s concerts from all the second hand smoke.

We didn`t get back until day break still singing every Zeppelin tune we knew.

She got us there and back safely. Practically drove herself.

Those were incredible cars coming out of Detroit in those days! I like your tale of driving it to see Zep.

I think all of us who were at Zep concerts back in the 70s know very well about getting stoned from breathing.

Sorry I thought that was a pic of you. When I clicked on it and saw the larger view, I realized it was an older guy.

It was a 1973 Firebird my brother bought it from a man who used it in amateur drag racing. It had a big block 350 built to the balls. The only flaw was the automatic trans. I went with my bro for the test drive, we were traveling at 60 mph and my bro stepped on it. The car smoked the tires at 60. I told my bro buy it. He did and owned it for two years when he snapped the shifter. He sold me the car for $50, that day I drove it about 20 miles round trip to a junkyard using a srewdriver as a shifter and found a wreck at the yard. I bought the shifter for half the price I paid for the car. I went undefeated with it street racing. I had friends in one day when I drove it sideways, we were taking a corner pretty fast when the car spinouts while we were sideways I punched it and cut the wheel which caused it wheels to spin and the thing traveled sideways until I let up on the throttle. What a rush. I'm glad I don't have to feed it now with the price of gas. When you got on that car the speedometer went up as the gas gauge went down. The speedometer topped out at 140 pinned many, many times. I sold it for $500 and a motorcycle about a year later. The friend that bought it rebuilt the carb and in the process punchured the fuel line. I was with him when it burst int flames. The end of car.

Not sure any of these were "muscle cars" in the true sense

1968 Camaro Rally Sport

1966 Mustang

1967 Mustang Fastback

And these certainly weren't:

1975 Camaro (although this one did have a 350, and had its moments)

1979 Camaro

1991 Camaro

My first car was just like this one: '78 Camaro, white with red interior. My sweetheart bought it for me and drove cross country to get it to me. :wub: We drove like maniacs up and down the LA freeways, in the middle of the night, blasting our music - when there was nothing on the radio, we played the eight-track. One night we hydroplaned on the 405 and didn't come to a stop till we careened off the exit ramp. The last vehicle he bought me was a 1/2 ton pickup. Safer. :D

78canaro.jpg

.RIGHT ON THAT'S WHAT YOUR SUPPOSED TO DO WITH A MUSCLE CAR. MY YOUNGEST IS RESTORING A 32 DEUCE COUPE. WHEN HE'S FINISHED....I'LL GO FOR A CRUISE CAUSE ...THERE'S NO FREAKIN WAY HE GET'S TO BLOW THE ENGINE BEFORE I DO !!!!

No that is not me but the best photo of what my car loked like.

I wish I still had "Am-A-Row".

She cost me plenty in traffic fines and the Judge did eventually force me remove the Thrush mufflers or spend a week bunking with Big Willie in the Dallas County (Alabama) cooler.

I sold the car for 800 bucks about 1978 when one of the air shocks let go did some damage to the rear fender well. The body came down on the wide rear tires at 50 MPH.

My fondest memory of her is the 100 mile road trip my brother and I took to Birmigham to see Zeppelin. We parked the car on the street and after the show we were still so wasted from the hash oil, we spent an hour trying to find it.

I know I shouldn`t say that here but you at least got stoned at 70s concerts from all the second hand smoke.

We didn`t get back until day break still singing every Zeppelin tune we knew.

She got us there and back safely. Practically drove herself.

True Rock N' Roller TM :)

5816_a.jpg

now us girls liked the capris also cos all the boys driving them were good looking!!! ;)

.RIGHT ON THAT'S WHAT YOUR SUPPOSED TO DO WITH A MUSCLE CAR. MY YOUNGEST IS RESTORING A 32 DEUCE COUPE. WHEN HE'S FINISHED....I'LL GO FOR A CRUISE CAUSE ...THERE'S NO FREAKIN WAY HE GET'S TO BLOW THE ENGINE BEFORE I DO !!!!

Nice! :thumbsup:

John Bonham loved fast vehicles: sports cars and motorcycles. I seem to remember that he did a bit of car shopping when the band was here in the U.S.

Archived