Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

So, is anyone here "fired up" about tomorrow's night Republican Presidential Circus Convention. Televised by Fox News of course, and I'm guessing the field of candidates will do their own juggling, minus clown makeup....  :D

Uniparty bread and circuses. I'd much rather watch feral government members frog marched to the nearest tree line.

Nixon White House counsel John Dean in a CNN interview:

This is a chapter, we don't know how it's going to end,
but I certainly hope it ends with the facts carrying the sanctions they should.

"The facts carrying the sanctions they should."

What a mad line.

Edited by rm2551

Let's talk about the elephant in the room.  Am I mistaken, or did not Chris Christie have some type of lap band or bariatric surgery in the last 5 years?  Was this reversed for some reason?  He seems to have gained all the weight back, which from my limited experience from a couple people is a health danger.   I'm not trying to get on his case.  He's certainly not the only American facing a weight problem.  However I think it's relevant if he's trying to run for President.  

Also, I shot a 62 last week on a PGA course and can run a 4.6 40-yard dash at 63 years of age.  You believe me, don't you?  :munchies:     

11 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Let's talk about the elephant in the room.  Am I mistaken, or did not Chris Christie have some type of lap band or bariatric surgery in the last 5 years?  Was this reversed for some reason?  He seems to have gained all the weight back, which from my limited experience from a couple people is a health danger.   I'm not trying to get on his case.  He's certainly not the only American facing a weight problem.  However I think it's relevant if he's trying to run for President.  

He had that surgery nearly 10 years ago but is once again morbidly obese. His campaign for President is little more than an anti-Trump revenge tour for not being appointed to a cabinet level position from 2016-2020. He has no hope of getting elected.

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

He had that surgery nearly 10 years ago but is once again morbidly obese. His campaign for President is little more than an anti-Trump revenge tour for not being appointed to a cabinet level position from 2016-2020. He has no hope of getting elected.

None of them have any hope of being elected.  They are all wasting their time and money.  If anything they should all bow out and let trump run unchallenged. Trump will be the nominee no matter what and if any of them decide to run against him the scant votes they get will only help elect the dems candidate.   

4 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

None of them have any hope of being elected.  They are all wasting their time and money.  If anything they should all bow out and let trump run unchallenged. Trump will be the nominee no matter what and if any of them decide to run against him the scant votes they get will only help elect the dems candidate.   

Stick in the mud repubs who always want to be 'civil.' 😒

16 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I'm not convinced this nation will hold together until the next (meaningless) Presidential election. There's a part of me that hopes something sets the wheels in motion that will make January 6th look like child's play. Good grief, they've already welded the border wall's doors OPEN. If that and tying federal aid for Hawaii & Florida to federal aid for Ukraine isn't the tipping point we've been waiting for I don't think there is one. The US will simply continue to become Venezuela.

Elton John is back at home after being hospitalized for a fall. The 76-year-old singer was discharged from the hospital Monday morning after being treated for a fall that happened at his home in the South of France. Elton reassured fans he'll be back on his knees in no time.

37 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm not convinced this nation will hold together until the next (meaningless) Presidential election. There's a part of me that hopes something sets the wheels in motion that will make January 6th look like child's play. Good grief, they've already welded the border wall's doors OPEN. If that and tying federal aid for Hawaii & Florida to federal aid for Ukraine isn't the tipping point we've been waiting for I don't think there is one. The US will simply continue to become Venezuela.

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Elton John is back at home after being hospitalized for a fall. The 76-year-old singer was discharged from the hospital Monday morning after being treated for a fall that happened at his home in the South of France. Elton reassured fans he'll be back on his knees in no time.

Has he been coronated yet? 😊

I was eight years old
And running with a dime in my hand
To the bus stop to pick
Up a paper for my old man
I'd sit on his lap in that big old Buick
And steer as we drove through town
He'd tousle my hair
And say, "Son, take a good look around"
This is your hometown
This is your hometown
This is your hometown
This is your hometown

What a joke. 

If Biden has anywhere near a "McConnell episode" - or equivalent to it - or worse - it may be Trump is handed a win. I doubt it, but what is the stronger argument for "he  can win"? I think that is it, and it's possible, but unlikely.

Good luck Republicans. I hope you get what you vote for. I say that with ALL sincerity.

I always will say....

I hope you get what you vote for.

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

If Biden has anywhere near a "McConnell episode" - or equivalent to it - or worse - it may be Trump is handed a win. I doubt it, but what is the stronger argument for "he  can win"? I think that is it, and it's possible, but unlikely.

Good luck Republicans. I hope you get what you vote for. I say that with ALL sincerity.

I always will say....

I hope you get what you vote for.

Yes I will be happy to return to American Energy independence which will lead to lower gas, lower inflation, getting out of the urkraine war, More jobs. A closed border, military strength instead of letting it go woke, yeah I think I'll be happy with my vote.

If you are happy with what you voted for I.E. High inflation, High gas prices, billions in tax dollars going to another country while our own poor people suffer, Another war we don't need to be involved in, open border with millions of unknown people strolling in, Total pay for play corruption. woke policies gone wild, a president who mumbles his way through speeches, falls asleep at memorials, checks his watch while flag draped coffins roll by. calls 13 dead American soldiers a success in a totally botched military pullout of Afghanistan, talks about his tiny kitchen fire as if it could ever compare to hundreds dead and missing, and lying right to your face about everything he said was false.  Yeah, I'm sure you're happy with your vote because fools are always happy.

Edited by hummingbird69