Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

6 minutes ago, Josemanno said:

Precisely !

You can't talk to people when you don't believe in what they are telling you to your face. Take the Israel palistine shit. The palestinians say right to your face that they want nothing but the destruction of israel yet the rest of the world keep on complaining about Israel as if a 2 state solution will work.  Ask yourself why the world isn't telling russia the same thing, why arent they calling for a cease fire in that war??? HHmmm? biden has let so many unknown peoples into this country that when the next terror attack happens there will be major support for it in the streets of our own country. The left is bent on killing western civilization just listen to their rhetoric.

Edited by hummingbird69

29 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

You are wrong. Trump has the business acumen to bring this country back from the brink of destruction.  If you want woke, dei and equitable policies you're asking for more of this shit e.g Mob rule, rioters being payed millions, support of terror in your schools, and your rights being taken away.

Totally disagree....new blood will be out only hope. Hope, I'm beginning to believe is a pipedream. My 67 years in this world has shown me our downward spiral.

Till people slow it ALL down, population increase being paramount...that ugly heap keeps growing, festering and IS our doom.

Don't think for a .minute I've only been around for a mere 20 some odd posts. Been here in one form or another since 2003 with OVER 30,000 posts..... Not that that matters, just some perspective.  Think...Dancing with Mr. D.. better yet. Sympathy for the Devil.

Edited by Josemanno

2 hours ago, Josemanno said:

Totally disagree....new blood will be out only hope. Hope, I'm beginning to believe is a pipedream. My 67 years in this world has shown me our downward spiral.

Till people slow it ALL down, population increase being paramount...that ugly heap keeps growing, festering and IS our doom.

Don't think for a .minute I've only been around for a mere 20 some odd posts. Been here in one form or another since 2003 with OVER 30,000 posts..... Not that that matters, just some perspective.  Think...Dancing with Mr. D.. better yet. Sympathy for the Devil.

I'm 57 years old and I have been around long enough to know that Trump was good for this country.  I don't need him to tell me what I can see with my own eyes.  Trump is that new blood. Don't let his age fool you. He didn't need to become President, he didn't need to leave his life of ease for 91 fake indictments and judges and prosecutors who are as corrupt as they come. Imagine a President is asked what do you think should be done about Trump and the documents case and he says He should be prosecuted to the fullest and then you find out that same guy won't be prosecuted for the documents he had and clearly shouldn't have had.  Imagine someone says you raped them some thirty years ago but cannot really remember the details or when it actually happened, you claim you are innocent and the judge tells you you cannot say that or present any evidence to refute this persons claim. Imagine you ignore a subpoena from congress and you get arrested, put in leg shackles and get sentenced to 4 months in prison while the Presidents crack smoking, whore banging, influence peddling son does the same thing and laughs at congress and walks free. Do you think that's justice ? The only reason they are doing this is to destroy him so he cannot destroy their plans for this country and they plan to destroy it.  The left mischaracterizes everything they can about him and lefties eat it up because they are so sold on their woke ideology that they can no longer see the truth. The left is the party of division and victim class creation, the right is unsure what the hell they should do because many of them are in bed with or scared of what th eleft can do to them. Many of them talk a good game but haven't got the teeth to follow through like the left does.

You are old enough to realize that everything the left accused Trump of doing is exactly what they are doing right now. Afghanistan debacle, the border, the economy, 3 new wars in three years, If you really think that's good then I have a bridge for you to look at cheap!

One more thing, If you really think that jan 7th was a serious attempt at an insurrection ask yourself how was Trump going to maintain power without the military to back him up??  No dictator would even attempt a coup without military backup. So there was no insurrection and he hasn't been charged with it either.

Half this country has been bamboozled by the lefts mangling of the narrative don't fall for it yourself.

4 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

You wouldn't know what a jack boot authoritarian was if he stepped on you.

That is generally how it works. You don't realize you are in a fascist state until it is too late.

Go after the gays? Fine. Go after the kooks and weirdos, fine. Go after the Jews, coons, Catholics, illegals, fine. Go after anyone who isn't like you.

By the time they come after you, it's too late.

5 hours ago, custard pie man said:

Iknow this is tongue and cheek Strider about becoming England again but what worries me some is with the influx of middle easterners into our open borders we may very well become part of or unionized into those terror countries, especially if the status quo is elected and given another 4 years, my point is we may not have to join another country because other countries are already here and i'm afraid here in masses as evidenced by the  pro palestinian and Hammas support  and demonstrations all around our country and globe, just looking at Harvard, their leaders and what is going on in college campuses should raise the alarms, can't help but believe the border policies which are purposely intended to bring voter roles and albeit harm to all of us will lead to a major terror strike the only question is where and when, greed and power is whats driving the new world order and is  what the framers of our constitution warned us about, wouldn't it be great if both democrats and republicans simply followed this wonderful constitution? long winded  I know and apologize but hell there's no football today lol

The pro-Palestinian rallies are alarming. Fortunately, I haven't seen too many where I live. I still think it is just a very loud and vocal minority. The majority of citizens and people in government still back Israel. 

Also, when I talk to many of the Middle Eastern immigrants that I come across in my daily travels in shops and restaurants and businesses, most of them express that the very reason many of them came to America was to escape such tribal feudal bullshit. And many of these people trying to come into America now are also trying to escape extreme poverty and violence in their countries.

Now, is the influx too large? Are there some bad apples in the bunch? Your answer probably depends on your perspective. I think most reasonable people would say yes. But the idea that these people are being let in just so they can vote Democrat might make an amusing talking point on some right ring podcast or talk show but it is kind of far-fetched when you look at the what happens with a lot of immigrants.

A sizeable percentage of immigrants, both legal and illegal, tend to become conservative, at least on the issue of immigration, once they have settled in the United States. Because they realize more and more illegals flooding the border steals a bigger piece of their American Pie dream. I have heard from many Mexicans, Hispanics, Latinos switching their votes from Democrat to Republican because of this very issue.

Take another look at the people coming into the country. Whether they are coming from the Muslim countries in the Middle East or the heavily Catholic countries to our south, I would wager a high percentage of them are devoutly religious in some manner. The right likes to portray the Democratic Party as anti-religion, so why would anyone think that these religious people would just automatically vote Democrat?

Plus, the idea that there are large numbers of illegals voting doesn't hold water anyway. Most illegals would be afraid of being nabbed by INS if they went to vote.

The whole beauty of the United States was that people could come here, escaping whatever persecution or horrors of their home country, and through hard work and perseverance, assimilate into the American Dream. They might bring some of their old ways and beliefs with them, but by and large, they sublimated into the American way of life. Many Immigrant communities by the third or fourth generations became wholly American. That's why you see so many minorities and immigrants at ballgames. And they certainly do not want the U.S. to become more like the countries they escaped from.

I happen to believe that is what most of the people coming here want...a chance at a normal life. To work, have a family, etc. So, no, I do not think we are in danger of being co-opted or as you put it, "unionized" by some foreign country, whether it's the Middle East or the Far East or Russia.

I think this country is a little bit stronger than its critics, both on the right and the left, give it credit for.

Edited by Strider

58 minutes ago, Strider said:

That is generally how it works. You don't realize you are in a fascist state until it is too late.

Go after the gays? Fine. Go after the kooks and weirdos, fine. Go after the Jews, coons, Catholics, illegals, fine. Go after anyone who isn't like you.

The left that is telling you to believe that.  Trump isn't going after anyone. And if you want fascism just look at the tactics the left is using, forcing the gay agenda on people who do not want it.  

15 minutes ago, Strider said:

The pro-Palestinian rallies are alarming. Fortunately, I haven't seen too many where I live. I still think it is just a very loud and vocal minority. The majority of citizens and people in government still back Israel. 

Also, when I talk to many of the Middle Eastern immigrants that I come across in my daily travels in shops and restaurants and businesses, most of them express that the very reason many of them came to America was to escape such tribal feudal bullshit. And many of these people trying to come into America now are also trying to escape extreme poverty and violence in their countries.

Now, is the influx too large? Are there some bad apples in the bunch? Your answer probably depends on your perspective. I think most reasonable people would say yes. But the idea that these people are being let in just so they can vote Democrat might make an amusing talking point on some right ring podcast or talk show but it is kind of far-fetched when you look at the what happens with a lot of immigrants.

A sizeable percentage of immigrants, both legal and illegal, tend to become conservative, at least on the issue of immigration, once they have settled in the United States. Because they realize more and more illegals flooding the border steals a bigger piece of their American Pie dream. I have heard from many Mexicans, Hispanics, Latinos switching their votes from Democrat to Republican because of this very issue.

Take another look at the people coming into the country. Whether they are coming from the Muslim countries in the Middle East or the heavily Catholic countries to our south, I would wager a high percentage of them are devoutly religious in some manner. The right likes to portray the Democratic Party as anti-religion, so why would anyone think that these religious people would just automatically vote Democrat?

Plus, the idea that there are large numbers of illegals voting doesn't hold water anyway. Most illegals would be afraid of being nabbed by INS if they went to vote.

The whole beauty of the United States was that people could come here, escaping whatever persecution or horrors of their home country, and through hard work and perseverance, assimilate into the American Dream. They might bring some of their old ways and beliefs with them, but by and large, they sublimated into the American way of life. Many Immigrant communities by the third or fourth generations became wholly American. That's why you see so many minorities and immigrants at ballgames. And they certainly do not want the U.S. to become more like the countries they escaped from.

I happen to believe that is what most of the people coming here want...a chance at a normal life. To work, have a family, etc. So, no, I do not think we are in danger of being co-opted or as you put it, "unionized" by some foreign country, whether it's the Middle East or the Far East or Russia.

I think this country is a little bit stronger than its critics, both on the right and the left, give it credit for.

I don't care where they are coming from or what color or denomination they are. If they want to come here, come legally. The left likes to tell you that the immigration process is broken but it's not. What it is, is too slow for the lefts liking. They don't like that these people need to learn about our country and they don't like that it takes years in many cases. If you want to expedite the process just letting them in by the hundreds of thousands is not the way to do it. 

6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Trump will play the role he played in his last four years and bring this country back to where it should be.

Isn't it pretty to think so? However, that is not how a constitutional republic works. Most of the reform America requires must come from Congress yet it won't. This is why although Trump insisted time and again we were going to build a border wall we did not. When the last election was stolen the materials for the wall were sold as scrap for pennies on the dollar. We need what we are seeing now in Texas --  STATES banding together to enforce our borders in defiance of a feral government. This is the way. 

1 hour ago, Strider said:

You think the gays, kooks, weirdos and illegals are being persecuted? Wow.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I happen to believe that is what most of the people coming here want...a chance at a normal life. To work, have a family, etc.

Yeah, nothing says my intentions are noble like obliterating any trace of who I am as I force myself into your home.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

You think the gays, kooks, weirdos and illegals are being persecuted? Wow.

Imagine 1,000 hamas members marching in a gay pride parade. What could go wrong?😄

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Isn't it pretty to think so? However, that is not how a constitutional republic works. Most of the reform America requires must come from Congress yet it won't. This is why although Trump insisted time and again we were going to build a border wall we did not. When the last election was stolen the materials for the wall were sold as scrap for pennies on the dollar. We need what we are seeing now in Texas --  STATES banding together to enforce our borders in defiance of a feral government. This is the way. 

SO I guess the hundreds of miles he built before he was put out don't count??? He built what he could and he will finish it when he gets back in.

6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I'm 57 years old and I have been around long enough to know that Trump was good for this country.  I don't need him to tell me what I can see with my own eyes.  Trump is that new blood. Don't let his age fool you. He didn't need to become President, he didn't need to leave his life of ease for 91 fake indictments and judges and prosecutors who are as corrupt as they come. Imagine a President is asked what do you think should be done about Trump and the documents case and he says He should be prosecuted to the fullest and then you find out that same guy won't be prosecuted for the documents he had and clearly shouldn't have had.  Imagine someone says you raped them some thirty years ago but cannot really remember the details or when it actually happened, you claim you are innocent and the judge tells you you cannot say that or present any evidence to refute this persons claim. Imagine you ignore a subpoena from congress and you get arrested, put in leg shackles and get sentenced to 4 months in prison while the Presidents crack smoking, whore banging, influence peddling son does the same thing and laughs at congress and walks free. Do you think that's justice ? The only reason they are doing this is to destroy him so he cannot destroy their plans for this country and they plan to destroy it.  The left mischaracterizes everything they can about him and lefties eat it up because they are so sold on their woke ideology that they can no longer see the truth. The left is the party of division and victim class creation, the right is unsure what the hell they should do because many of them are in bed with or scared of what th eleft can do to them. Many of them talk a good game but haven't got the teeth to follow through like the left does.

You are old enough to realize that everything the left accused Trump of doing is exactly what they are doing right now. Afghanistan debacle, the border, the economy, 3 new wars in three years, If you really think that's good then I have a bridge for you to look at cheap!

One more thing, If you really think that jan 7th was a serious attempt at an insurrection ask yourself how was Trump going to maintain power without the military to back him up??  No dictator would even attempt a coup without military backup. So there was no insurrection and he hasn't been charged with it either.

Half this country has been bamboozled by the lefts mangling of the narrative don't fall for it yourself.

I've fallen for no one, no where. Trump is a dick. I'll leave it at that, no.more to say. You can carry on all you like.

11 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

You can't talk to people when you don't believe in what they are telling you to your face.

Yes, you actually can. It is impossible online, but if there is in person baseline mutual manners and respect, you should be able to converse even when you vehemently disagree. I reckon I could have a beer with you hummers, because I fully realise we are practically polar opposites with our views, but to me, that is interesting. I am curious to understand and exchange on those ideas. I might half joke that you are insane, but in person, that would (or should) be taken as meant, not as an insult! - as I'd be fully aware the same can be levelled at me. It is not a zero sum game in person, but almost is the point online where there is no real engagement besides written words.

Of course, that all has limits. When someone tells me the Earth is flat, or Trump is "for the people" there are obviously deeply held views that I cannot make sense of. In person though? Yeah, I could be civil. That's the whole point I made earlier in talking in person. It is to the detriment of our culture and society.

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Most of the reform America requires must come from Congress yet it won't.

That's the whole ballgame there. It's scary to think some kind of revolution is all that's left. And that is not good. The ruling class has no interest in real reform - a bit similar to the Russian oligarch's enabling Putin to remain. Too many with too much to lose that continue to pour millions into both parties to effectively roll on with the corrupt status-quo.

3 hours ago, Josemanno said:

I've fallen for no one, no where. Trump is a dick. I'll leave it at that, no.more to say. You can carry on all you like.

Sure you have, you think exactly what the left wants you to think about Trump. Whether you like it or not when he gets re-elected and sets this country straight you can go cry in your cornflakes.

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Yes, you actually can. It is impossible online, but if there is in person baseline mutual manners and respect, you should be able to converse even when you vehemently disagree. I reckon I could have a beer with you hummers, because I fully realise we are practically polar opposites with our views, but to me, that is interesting. I am curious to understand and exchange on those ideas. I might half joke that you are insane, but in person, that would (or should) be taken as meant, not as an insult! - as I'd be fully aware the same can be levelled at me. It is not a zero sum game in person, but almost is the point online where there is no real engagement besides written words.

Of course, that all has limits. When someone tells me the Earth is flat, or Trump is "for the people" there are obviously deeply held views that I cannot make sense of. In person though? Yeah, I could be civil. That's the whole point I made earlier in talking in person. It is to the detriment of our culture and society.

We don't matter. I'm not talking about what we say online. we can sit here all day long and say blah blah blah till the cows come home and it will not matter at all. I am talking about people who are willing to die for what they believe in and you cannot "talk" to those types of people.  No amount of talking will ever change the fact that the palestinian people want Israel wiped off the earth. They will tell you that to your face. But it seems no one ever listens or believes its true. They blame Israel and they attack. Israel responds and they scream vengeance, it's a vicious circle that they themselves perpetuate. Israel isn't completely without blame but it's the palestinians who are always looking for revenge that keeps it goin.

5 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

SO I guess the hundreds of miles he built before he was put out don't count??? He built what he could and he will finish it when he gets back in.

No, ultimately it doesn't count. Until the cornerstone of our national security policy is secure borders today, tomorrow and forever anything he or any elected official does while in public office is little more than a band-aid solution.