Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Another day, another Prime Minister. Welcome Rishi. Happy Diwali, soon to take over Christmas as our religious Holiday(s)

I think my favourite headline during this entire imbroglio was the one that said "Lettuce 1, Liz Truss 0". 😆

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/politics/you-think-liz-truss-outlast-28265905

3_Screenshot-2022-10-15-at-152935.png.53de7cb9ea1de59569eb6cfcf64eac93.png

21 hours ago, Strider said:

Worked with a guy who dropped his hammer from 12 stories up. It landed on the sidewalk barricade roof with a resounding BOOM!!! 

Anybody else know the correct question to this "Jeopardy" answer (Before looking...)?

While Weller played a fantastic game on Tuesday, he made one tiny mistake. Under the category of “Plurals That Don't End in S,” he was given the clue: Moose. He responded, “What are meese?”

The word for more than one goose is geese, but the word for more than one moose is not meese. (It's still "moose.") 

3 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Anybody else know the correct question to this "Jeopardy" answer (Before looking...)?

While Weller played a fantastic game on Tuesday, he made one tiny mistake. Under the category of “Plurals That Don't End in S,” he was given the clue: Moose. He responded, “What are meese?”

The word for more than one goose is geese, but the word for more than one moose is not meese. (It's still "moose.") 

Same with the word 'vinyl. I get millennials asking me for vinyls all the time. The plural for vinyl is vinyl.

On 10/21/2022 at 3:40 AM, custard pie man said:

Steve I have been saying that for years, either  income and or property taxes is the only way otherwise  we have the mess we currently are in, illegalls voting, dead people voting, buses  coming in at every major democratic city, people getting them registered  and giving them gifts, food , drink etc....

The Founding Fathers never intended to create a direct democracy, and history has shown they were right.

The Founding Fathers Never Intended To Create A Direct Democracy | HuffPost Latest News

isn't it ironic that  the swamp is now trying to create law or passage that the V.P. can no longer stand and hear arguments from state electors who are sponsored by senators and wish to challenge their state votes. Ol crooked Mitch is leading the way on this, democrats have routinely questioned the vote but never have a senator to sponsor the challenge and  in 2020 when  a true screwing was happening, and senator Cruz stood up this is when a call was made from in the chambers to outside to start the insurrection so the swamp can stop the very  real and legal challenge

Never saw this when it first came out. So much hoopla. Watched about an hour of it and had to eject it. Did Cameron make this for 10 year olds and stoners? 

What a dumb ass movie. The blue and green tint throughout kept reminding me of the Seahawks. Blehhhh!! 

18 hours ago, custard pie man said:

isn't it ironic that the swamp is now trying to create law or passage that the V.P. can no longer stand and hear arguments from state electors who are sponsored by senators and wish to challenge their state votes. Ol crooked Mitch is leading the way on this, democrats have routinely questioned the vote but never have a senator to sponsor the challenge and in 2020 when a true screwing was happening, and senator Cruz stood up this is when a call was made from in the chambers to outside to start the insurrection so the swamp can stop the very real and legal challenge

The naivety of any citizen who believes their vote means anything. George Carlin was absolutely correct when he said elections exist merely to provide citizens the illusion of control. 

7 hours ago, redrum said:

Never saw this when it first came out. So much hoopla. Watched about an hour of it and had to eject it. Did Cameron make this for 10 year olds and stoners? 

What a dumb ass movie. The blue and green tint throughout kept reminding me of the Seahawks. Blehhhh!! 

A grossly overated film chock full of woke bullshit most people didn't notice at the time because it's presented subtly.