2022 NFL Thread

Walter

So the new year for the NFL is upon us. Salary cap has been increased by 25 million and players are already receiving the "franchise tag". The biggest news is Calvin Ridley being suspended for next season due to gambling. He claimed he was having "mental health" issues...POS. Free agency is about to begin and the combine happened over the weekend.  

Normally, I wouldn't talk about football this early, but with baseball being dead, why not go for it...

I guess some of the normal patterns of the NFL for the last few years will still hold true--that being the AFC East will be dominated by the Bills or Pats and the Fins will continue to mire in mediocrity....

That and the ongoing Aaron Rodgers drama, which is almost as nauseating as the daily coverage of the Lakers....

Edited by paul carruthers

7 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Will they be able to sign Adams?

They'd better be able to. They have nothing on offense, otherwise. RB's don't do much when there's no passing game and the defense is surely gonna take a hit. Glad they drafted Love. :lol: 

Russell Wilson to the Broncos?? Wild day! Seattle is receiving a DL, Drew Lock and 1st rounders... Junior said he hates the Seahawks owner. 

Cowboys restructuring Dak and Martin's contracts to loosen up $22 million.

Schultz getting the franchise tag from Dallas. Gesicki getting the tag from the 'phins and Njoku from the Browns. I guess TE is a hot commodity, with a poor draft class coming out this year. 

1 minute ago, Walter said:

Russell Wilson to the Broncos?? Wild day! Seattle is receiving a DL, Drew Lock and 1st rounders... Junior said he hates the Seahawks owner. 

Cowboys restructuring Dak and Martin's contracts to loosen up $22 million.

Schultz getting the franchise tag from Dallas. Gesicki getting the tag from the 'phins and Njoku from the Browns. I guess TE is a hot commodity, with a poor draft class coming out this year. 

I am surrounded by Seattle fans so you can imagine the Weltschmerz around me.

51 minutes ago, Strider said:

I am surrounded by Seattle fans so you can imagine the Weltschmerz around me.

The final tally I'm reading is two 1st rounders, two 2nd rounders, a fifth rounder, DT Shelby Harris, TE Noah Fant and QB Drew Lock. 

13 hours ago, Walter said:

The final tally I'm reading is two 1st rounders, two 2nd rounders, a fifth rounder, DT Shelby Harris, TE Noah Fant and QB Drew Lock. 

So its  done deal?  That puts Denver back on the map and makes them a thorn in KC's side along with Chargers and Raiders.  Now you might have a 4 team race in that division.  But Denver is still not great on defense. The Bills went in there and shredded them last year. But this makes them far better.  I am surprised.  Wilson must have wanted out and went about things the right way unlike that asshole in Arizona, Murray.  Seattle fans must be pissed. I just went to CBS sports.  Cant believe it.  And now!  Usually you would expect these big moves after the draft would you not?  Well fuck you Andy Reid.  Your day just got bad. 

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So its  done deal?  That puts Denver back on the map and makes them a thorn in KC's side along with Chargers and Raiders.  Now you might have a 4 team race in that division.  But Denver is still not great on defense. The Bills went in there and shredded them last year. But this makes them far better.  I am surprised.  Wilson must have wanted out and went about things the right way unlike that asshole in Arizona, Murray.  Seattle fans must be pissed. I just went to CBS sports.  Cant believe it.  And now!  Usually you would expect these big moves after the draft would you not?  Well fuck you Andy Reid.  Your day just got bad. 

It can't be "official" until March 16. Seattle also released Bobby Wagner yesterday, so there isn't any link to the SB championship team except for coach Pete. AFC is the better conference, by far, right now. 

20 hours ago, Walter said:

Rodgers $200 million for 4 years....$153 million guaranteed. Say good-bye to the rest of the team. That's a quarter of the payroll for less than 2% of the team. 

...except Rodgers said that the details of the contract haven't been finalized and none of that is true. The only thing that's accurate is that he's coming back. 

Unless it comes out of Aaron Rodgers' mouth, Mark Murphy's mouth, or Brian Gutekunst's mouth...don't believe it.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:00 AM, Walter said:

So the new year for the NFL is upon us. Salary cap has been increased by 25 million and players are already receiving the "franchise tag". The biggest news is Calvin Ridley being suspended for next season due to gambling. He claimed he was having "mental health" issues...POS. Free agency is about to begin and the combine happened over the weekend.  

I find it hilarious that Goodell will suspend a player a whole season for gambling, but not for beating the crap out of his wife/girlfriend/fiancee or child. Oh, and by "hilarious" I mean, "pathetic and sad."

56 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

I find it hilarious that Goodell will suspend a player a whole season for gambling, but not for beating the crap out of his wife/girlfriend/fiancee or child. Oh, and by "hilarious" I mean, "pathetic and sad."

agree but he caters to the  mob and the blm crowd so yes go after Drew Brees for standing for the Anthem and go after Rodgers for his choice not to put or inject a vaccine that isn't working as planned but if  you rape, beat assault, gang bang, drugs, well nfl will always look the other way, especially if your black, not a racist whatsoever just stating the facts as I see them, zero moral compass

22 hours ago, Walter said:

Rodgers $200 million for 4 years....$153 million guaranteed. Say good-bye to the rest of the team. That's a quarter of the payroll for less than 2% of the team. 

but if you can't win  with him why would you ever go that route? team will be done in a few short years

1 hour ago, Electrophile said:

...except Rodgers said that the details of the contract haven't been finalized and none of that is true. The only thing that's accurate is that he's coming back. 

Unless it comes out of Aaron Rodgers' mouth, Mark Murphy's mouth, or Brian Gutekunst's mouth...don't believe it.

Yeah, I'll believe that.

You are correct, until March 16 the deal isn't done and the details are still unknown. I did read that the Pack are trying to reduce his amount against their cap for this season, obviously a smart move. 

Edited by Walter

22 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

agree but he caters to the  mob and the blm crowd so yes go after Drew Brees for standing for the Anthem and go after Rodgers for his choice not to put or inject a vaccine that isn't working as planned but if  you rape, beat assault, gang bang, drugs, well nfl will always look the other way, especially if your black, not a racist whatsoever just stating the facts as I see them, zero moral compass

If I rolled my eyes any harder, my skull would look like a slot machine. Two things:

1. If you have to preface your statement with "I'm not a racist," what you're about to say is racist and you should shut your mouth.

2. I don't care about your political opinions, and I didn't ask for them. I come here to avoid BS like that. 

Edited by Electrophile

9 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

If I rolled my eyes any harder, my skull would look like a slot machine. Two things:

1. If you have to preface your statement with "I'm not a racist," what you're about to say is racist and you should shut your mouth.

2. I don't care about your political opinions, and I didn't ask for them. I come here to avoid BS like that. 

Exactly. 

The Calvin Ripley thing is just the tip of the iceberg. Now that the NFL and other sports have allowed on-site betting and gambling is legal across the board, you will see a whole bunch of stuff that makes Pete Rose look like a day in Sunday School.

As for Russell Wilson, I kind of wish the Raiders had ponied up something to entice Russ to the team. Speaking from a Raider fan perspective, this trade to Denver just made the AFC West a lot tougher for the Raiders. Mahomes in KC, Herbert in SD, and Danger Russ in Denver...all three QBs are better than Derek Carr of the Raiders.

AFC West and NFC West are the two best divisions in football.

Fuck Aaron Rodgers and the Fudge-packers soap opera. Every year it's the same crying and whining...just as it was when drama queen Favre was there. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The only thing coming out of Rodgers mouth is the cum he's gargling. Enjoy another early-round exit from the playoffs next year Green Bay. Bwahahahahahaha. 

24 minutes ago, Strider said:

The Calvin Ripley thing is just the tip of the iceberg. Now that the NFL and other sports have allowed on-site betting and gambling is legal across the board, you will see a whole bunch of stuff that makes Pete Rose look like a day in Sunday School.

As for Russell Wilson, I kind of wish the Raiders had ponied up something to entice Russ to the team. Speaking from a Raider fan perspective, this trade to Denver just made the AFC West a lot tougher for the Raiders. Mahomes in KC, Herbert in SD, and Danger Russ in Denver...all three QBs are better than Derek Carr of the Raiders.

AFC West and NFC West are the two best divisions in football.

Fuck Aaron Rodgers and the Fudge-packers soap opera. Every year it's the same crying and whining...just as it was when drama queen Favre was there. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The only thing coming out of Rodgers mouth is the cum he's gargling. Enjoy another early-round exit from the playoffs next year Green Bay. Bwahahahahahaha. 

and now the nfc least just got worse as colts trade Carson Wentz to redskins, god that division is brutal

24 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

and now the nfc least just got worse as colts trade Carson Wentz to redskins, god that division is brutal

3 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

So, the Commanders have the worst name & now they have one of the worst QBs. Fitting, I guess....  😏

Just call 'em the Washington Commodes and put this on the side of their helmets.

washington-toilet-16.5inch-dual-white-front-view-1100x1100.thumb.jpg.c5c2af60647e0ca005af0096bb9e76b1.jpg

Edited by Strider

16 hours ago, Strider said:

Just call 'em the Washington Commodes and put this on the side of their helmets.

washington-toilet-16.5inch-dual-white-front-view-1100x1100.thumb.jpg.c5c2af60647e0ca005af0096bb9e76b1.jpg

Perfect. And to think they gave up a 3rd round pick this year and probably a 2nd round pick (if he takes 70% of the snaps) next year to get him.