2022 NFL Thread

Walter

Raiders 0-3. Season's over just like that. So much for whatever momentum or growth people thought the Raiders had last season.

I wonder if Devonte Adams has figured out Derek Carr is no Aaron Rodgers? And Josh McDaniels is no Bill Belichick.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Raiders 0-3. Season's over just like that. So much for whatever momentum or growth people thought the Raiders had last season.

I wonder if Devonte Adams has figured out Derek Carr is no Aaron Rodgers? And Josh McDaniels is no Bill Belichick.

Come on Sean.  Its not over.  Did you see the Chargers score?  Unreal.  Its a long season even though it does not seem like it compared to baseball.  But I expect your Raiders to win this week or then Ill say its over.  I am hoping we get a few guys back this week. Most notably Oliver, Poyer and Jackson or White.

On 9/23/2022 at 4:06 PM, paul carruthers said:

Apparently, I didn't miss much from last night's game--I don't even know if I can even get Amazon prime or whether I would have to fork over some sizable amount to watch the game. That, and trying to find online streaming sites is a real crapshoot.

In any event, it might be time for Tomlin to start the rookie...

So Paul, if you never had Amazon Prime, go on to Amazon.com on lets say Wednesday.  Just buy something, and then say yes, try out Prime, free trial.  You will get to see Miami on Thursday night at Cincy.  Then if you wish to cancel you can.  Otherwise its $12.99 a month, free deliveries on any purchases.  The channel is part of it. Its bullshit that they are doing this and when the Bills play on Thursday night this area is going to go nuts. People will be mad. The bars will be packed because many will chose to go to a local watering hole rather than sign up.  And yes, the bars will have it if they want business.  The Bills are on for sure at some point on this horse shit channel.  i will re join, then cancel depending on the schedule and if the Bills are on it again?  The idiots that get it buy things for the sake of getting their free deliveries worth. Its so stupid.  They have you right by the balls though if you wan to watch the game. I wonder how many of your team will be out for Thursdays game?

On 9/27/2022 at 6:20 PM, paul carruthers said:

So much for the AFC West being the best division in football--maybe one of the shittiest, next to the AFC South. Admittedly, I didn't catch much of any sports over the weekend, but I had to rub my eyes when I saw the score to the Chiefs game.... 😳

That Chargers game was the true shock to me.  How does Jacksonville go into LA whack the Chargers like that?  Unreal.  So I will also post here that the KC/Tampa game, could be moved to Minnesota due to Hurricane.  Also, KC had some inside fighting.  Mahomes and Eric the animal is what I hear?  Might be a nice under along with the GB vs NE game.  That screams under.  

I'm watching the game on a free stream service that's actually working this time.

Of course, I'm hoping that Tua will be alright, but this game is so funny sometimes, as Joe Cool looks to be back in playoff form and one of their receivers just left our DBs roasted and toasted in the secondary. I'll try to stick with this game for as long as I can before I nod off...

7 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm watching the game on a free stream service that's actually working this time.

Of course, I'm hoping that Tua will be alright, but this game is so funny sometimes, as Joe Cool looks to be back in playoff form and one of their receivers just left our DBs roasted and toasted in the secondary. I'll try to stick with this game for as long as I can before I nod off...

There is no way Miami was going to be able to emotionally come own in 4 days off their Super Bowl, the suck out win over my Bills.  Everything had to go right and only one thing had to go right between Bass missing an easy FG, Josh missing MacKenzie in end zone and then after the safety, the clock ran out.   Anyway, Miami only had 4 days to be ready, and Tua was not really ready.  Cincy was desperate in week 4.  My boys have a tough one in Baltimore vs Lamar and I have no clue who is ready to play on the banged up D.  I expect to see Oliver back.  And hopefully Poyer. The schedule is a tough one.  Thats what happens when you win the division.  NE is toast.   GB is not going to lose to those pretenders.  They might even finish behind the Jets.

Wonder if that KC/Tampa game is being moved to Minnesota?

Looks like the Tua Train is derailed for the moment. And Miami has some questions to answer regarding why he was even out there after the shots he took last week against Buffalo. I did not watch the Miami-Buffalo game but have just seen the footage where Tua is obviously out on his feet and falling over himself.

Tough break, PC...Miami looked like it had good playoff chances.

Well, like I said before, I didn't see much action from Week 3, so I wasn't aware of Tua's state of health until last night and all of the clips that have been over the sports networks today.

I didn't want to come across as callous about something as serious as concussions, but obviously someone fucked up big time in the Fins organization regarding the man's health. 

I'm still a little unnerved about the way he was spasming after that hit last night and I just hope this won't cost him his career....

Edited by paul carruthers

On 9/30/2022 at 3:48 PM, paul carruthers said:

Well, like I said before, I didn't see much action from Week 3, so I wasn't aware of Tua's state of health until last night and all of the clips that have been over the sports networks today.

I didn't want to come across as callous about something as serious as concussions, but obviously someone fucked up big time in the Fins organization regarding the man's health. 

I'm still a little unnerved about the way he was spasming after that hit last night and I just hope this won't cost him his career....

The way he left the Bills game I was shocked he came back in the second half. Someone crossed the line.  And they are likely to get fined at best.  Now I m an Orioles fan but I am no Ravens fan.  I expect us to get the W.  What I hate is they do not update the game time injury list until 1 1/2 hours before kickoff.  They try to keep the other team guessing I suppose.  But to me its just stupid.  Next to a bunch of our players it says "QUESTIONABLE".  T really means likely but Ill bet at least a couple or more do not play today.  I expect Oliver and Poyer to return. White likely next week.  And Knox I think will be a go

17 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

It seems inevitable that there will be a handful of games that piss you off every week and I just watched Pittsburgh piss away the victory in the closing minutes... :rolleyes:

Unreal isnt it?  Now we get to watch Green Bay beat the hell out of NE.  Hopefully. Something we can both agree on?

Sweet comeback in Baltimore after a miserable start in the rain.  I cant believe Harbaugh did not kick the FG.  And it appeared the Ravens defender was pissed at the coaching staff for not letting the Bills walk in the end zone rather than kill the clock  What is GB doing here?  Sleepwalking?  Hoyer is a bum.  

Steelers fans must be fuming.  Bills -13 next week early line.  I do not think we will be taking them lightly.  I bet this GB/NE game under 40.  So you can all root against me.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Ha.  Tony Romo wanted to say “if NE had some players at the skilled positions “!   Why would Belecheck want to put himself through this at this stage?  The Jets have even bypassed them

What the hell is GB doing?  Grandma Belecheck is barking at 🦓 zebras, even kissed Rogers ass before game.  Come on Rogers!!  Drop a dime on the bitch’s !!!

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

4 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

If this was the Packers of even two seasons ago they would be running the Pats out of the stadium. I don't know if I can totally blame Green Bay having no receivers, Rodgers himself has been off on a handful of throws.

That pick 6 was ridiculous.... 😡

Indeed.  I think they will win.  Let’s hope.  Can’t believe Pittsburgh.  I feel bad for Mitch

Well, I know I don't have to tell you how screwy the NFL is every week. I haven't done much flipping today but I can't believe Denver getting handled by the Raiders.

That, and I'm still kicking myself in the ass for picking the Panthers...:rolleyes:

Edited by paul carruthers