2022 NFL PICK 'EM POOL

Strider

Denver
NY Giants (Daboll coached Tua and Jalen at Bama, worked under Saban twice and Belichick. Coached Josh in Buffalo.Smart dude.)
Buffalo
LA Chargers
Minnesota
Detroit 
New Orleans
Miami
Tampa Bay (Brady goes from player to playa)
Tennessee
Jacksonville
San Francisco
Dallas (If it's working, don't fuck with it.)
Philly (No rat poisen allowed)
Baltimore 
KC

Week 5 Schedule 

Denver...Gawd, I hate Thursday night games. Football is for weekends and Monday night.

NY Giants...No Lambeau home-cooking for Green Bay since the game is in London.

Buffalo...Pittsburgh and Baltimore used to be the stalwart teams in the AFC North. It is so weird to see both in such disarray.

Cleveland...West coast team travelling east for a 10am start usually means doom.

Minnesota...Another yawner of a game in the boring Norris division.

New England...Finally, a team Belichick should be able to beat.

New Orleans...See Chargers @ Cleveland game..

NY Jets...Jets are due to win a home game. 

Tampa Bay...Beautiful wife, beautiful kids. Yet, Tom would rather be out there taking a beating without any sign that they are a Super Bowl caliber team. I guess family life is overrated.

Tennessee...The Commodes play in a toilet bowl and are going down the toilet.

Jacksonville...I have adopted Jacksonville this year because it's nice to have a quarterback with long hair again, like in the 1970s. And I hate that fraud Urban Meyer, so anything that further ruins his reputation is a good thing.

San Francisco...If this game was at 1pm (10am PST), I would have probably taken Carolina based on the dreaded West Coast team at 10am curse.

Dallas...Cooper Rush is still undefeated in his career. Although with every game he plays the likelihood of him remaining undefeated diminishes. But I hate the Lambs too much to pick them this week.

Arizona...I suppose Philly has to lose sometime.

Cincinnati...Will Baltimore blow another home game?

Kansas City...I suppose with the Chiefs victory over Tampa Bay last week, this could be seen as a trap game for Kansas City. Yeah, right. 

Edited by Strider

Thursday October 6   Time (ET)

Indianapolis @ Denver 8:15 pm

Sunday October 9

NY Giants vs. Green Bay ( at Tottenham, England) 9:30 am

Pittsburgh @ Buffalo 1:00 pm

Chargers @ Cleveland 1:00 pm

Chicago @ Minnesota 1:00 pm

Detroit @ New England 1:00 pm

Seattle @ New Orleans 1:00 pm

Miami @ NY Jets 1:00 pm

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay 1:00 pm

Tennessee @ Washington 1:00 pm

Houston @ Jacksonville 1:00 pm

San Francisco @ Carolina 4:05 pm

Dallas @ LA Rams 4:25 pm

Philadelphia @ Arizona 4:25 pm

Cincinnati @ Baltimore 8:20 pm

Monday October 10

Las Vegas @ Kansas City 8:15 pm

let me be the first to say last nites game was such a stinker that Denver fans were leaving in bunches long before overtime, what happened to Russel he looks lost, out of it, anyways I shut it off at halftime and watched Ion chicago pd only to catch o.t., 0-1 to start week, now rooting for my Mets

On 10/5/2022 at 9:21 AM, custard pie man said:

yeah much to much pressure for Russel with that 250 M, n

meanwhile  his replacement is killing it in seattle

Geno?  Seriously?  Killing it?  Your killing me.  Fucking Geno will get hit right between the eyes when he plays some real teams.  This week Saints D will eat his ass up.

Looks like Brown grass and I are the only ones without a goose egg to start the week!!!  Ha

Jabe and Strider are picking the Giants to beat Green Bay!!  Both on crack.  LOL.  I mean, can you really see the Giants being 4-1?  Not me.  I think Green Bay simply looked past NE like one sports betting site said, and still escaped with the win when they finally woke up.  I hope Jabe is right on his Detroit pick. I was tempted but simply cant take the Lions with how their defense went from playing fairly decent last year and this year pure trash so far.  They will have to score a bunch likely to win, not that NE offense is anything to write home  about. So if their D is ever to play better this is a good spot. Its a very strange matchup.  I personally think the only thing that could keep the Giants in the game is Barkley.  That guy is the best running back in football. Period. And yes, Ill take him over Henry any day.  Has more power.  Doboll is a great coach but he cant perform miracles.  And Jones days are numbered. They need to have patience and keep Doboll next year and let them draft a real QB>  

So Strider I do agree with your take on the Chargers an Cleveland game. Its usually doom for a West coast team playing what is for them a 10 am start on the East coast.  And Herbert is injured.  Playing with a sore arm. Vs a very good Cleveland front line that is supposed to get Garret back this week.

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Jabe and Strider are picking the Giants to beat Green Bay!!  Both on crack.  LOL.  I mean, can you really see the Giants being 4-1?  Not me.  I think Green Bay simply looked past NE like one sports betting site said, and still escaped with the win when they finally woke up.  I hope Jabe is right on his Detroit pick. I was tempted but simply cant take the Lions with how their defense went from playing fairly decent last year and this year pure trash so far.  They will have to score a bunch likely to win, not that NE offense is anything to write home  about. So if their D is ever to play better this is a good spot. Its a very strange matchup.  I personally think the only thing that could keep the Giants in the game is Barkley.  That guy is the best running back in football. Period. And yes, Ill take him over Henry any day.  Has more power.  Doboll is a great coach but he cant perform miracles.  And Jones days are numbered. They need to have patience and keep Doboll next year and let them draft a real QB>  

So Strider I do agree with your take on the Chargers an Cleveland game. Its usually doom for a West coast team playing what is for them a 10 am start on the East coast.  And Herbert is injured.  Playing with a sore arm. Vs a very good Cleveland front line that is supposed to get Garret back this week.

Gotta go with Daboll's pedigree versus an aging (though still good) qb who takes hallucinogenic spiritual journeys.
I have nothing against those journeys.

I like New England due to Mac, Damien Harris and Barmore. Even if Mac plays, can New England put up the points like Detroit has been putting up weekly?

29 minutes ago, jabe said:

Gotta go with Daboll's pedigree versus an aging (though still good) qb who takes hallucinogenic spiritual journeys.
I have nothing against those journeys.

I like New England due to Mac, Damien Harris and Barmore. Even if Mac plays, can New England put up the points like Detroit has been putting up weekly?

I hope the Lions win and they could.  

A few of us are tied with 11 and we all have KC.  Even Strider, who has 11 picked against his own Raiders.  I wont be picking against the Bills EVER.  And for good reason.  I sure hope Trey White returns this week. And Poyer.  Though we beat them in KC in the regular season the last time  But I would like them to have to come to Buffalo in the playoffs if its  the AFC title game especially.  But thats a long way off.  Injuries are my biggest worry. 

So I am expecting a 3 way tie this week in the standings.  Unless someone has more than 11 that I have overlooked?

19 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

A few of us are tied with 11 and we all have KC.  Even Strider, who has 11 picked against his own Raiders.  I wont be picking against the Bills EVER.  And for good reason.  I sure hope Trey White returns this week. And Poyer.  Though we beat them in KC in the regular season the last time  But I would like them to have to come to Buffalo in the playoffs if its  the AFC title game especially.  But thats a long way off.  Injuries are my biggest worry. 

So I am expecting a 3 way tie this week in the standings.  Unless someone has more than 11 that I have overlooked?

They are not my Raiders, Rick. Not since they moved out of California. You'll never see me in Las Vegas Raiders gear. Oh, and I only had 10 wins as of the end of Sunday. You and Jabe were the only ones tied at 11.

Where is Bong-Man? Maybe the Lions have finally broke him.

jabe and LedZeppfan1977 win the week with a 12-4 finish. I might have a chance if I could ever figure out the Thursday Night games.

Rick said he was coming for Walter and he moved up from 4th to 2nd place behind Walter in the season standings.

Week 5 Results

jabe: 12-4*

LedZeppfan1977: 12-4*

custard pie man: 11-5

Strider: 11-5

Walter: 11-5

redrum: 10-6

greengrass: 9-7

paul carruthers: 9-7

ebk: 8-8

in_the_evening: 6-10

Season Standings After 80 Games

1. Walter*: 50-29-1

2. LedZeppfan1977**: 47-32-1

3. custard pie man*: 46-33-1

3. jabe**: 46-33-1

4. ebk: 44-35-1

4. paul carruthers: 44-35-1

5. Strider: 42-37-1

6. redrum: 39-40-1

7. greengrass: 34-45-1

8. in_the_evening*: 27-21-1

The bye weeks start now, so only 14 games this week.

Week 6 Schedule 

Thursday Oct. 13   Time (ET)

Washington at Chicago 8:15 p.m.

Sunday Oct. 16

San Francisco at Atlanta 1 p.m.
New England at Cleveland 1 p.m.
NY Jets at Green Bay 1 p.m.
Jacksonville at Indianapolis 1 p.m.
Minnesota at Miami 1 p.m.
Cincinnati at New Orleans 1 p.m.
Baltimore at NY Giants 1 p.m.
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh 1 p.m.
Carolina at LA Rams 4:05 p.m.
Arizona at Seattle 4:05 p.m.
Buffalo at Kansas City 4:25 p.m.
Dallas at Philadelphia 8:20 p.m.

Monday Oct. 17

Denver at LA Chargers 8:15 p.m.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Where is Bong-Man? Maybe the Lions have finally broke him.

jabe and LedZeppfan1977 win the week with a 12-4 finish. I might have a chance if I could ever figure out the Thursday Night games.

Rick said he was coming for Walter and he moved up from 4th to 2nd place behind Walter in the season standings.

Week 5 Results

jabe: 12-4*

LedZeppfan1977: 12-4*

custard pie man: 11-5

Strider: 11-5

Walter: 11-5

redrum: 10-6

greengrass: 9-7

paul carruthers: 9-7

ebk: 8-8

in_the_evening: 6-10

Season Standings After 80 Games

1. Walter*: 50-29-1

2. LedZeppfan1977**: 47-32-1

3. custard pie man*: 46-33-1

3. jabe**: 46-33-1

4. ebk: 44-35-1

4. paul carruthers: 44-35-1

5. Strider: 42-37-1

6. redrum: 39-40-1

7. greengrass: 34-45-1

8. in_the_evening*: 27-21-1

Aren't you glad 500 people aren't playing? 😄

6 hours ago, Strider said:

They are not my Raiders, Rick. Not since they moved out of California. You'll never see me in Las Vegas Raiders gear. Oh, and I only had 10 wins as of the end of Sunday. You and Jabe were the only ones tied at 11.

I hate KC and Kelce.  The Bills will beat the SOBs.  The Raiders should have.  The Raiders can still make this a positive season.  I expect them to win a bunch of games.  Enough to get a WC.  Cincy is in big trouble and their schedule is brutal.  Cleveland will be scary if Watson comes back effective.  It may take him some time?  But their defense is overated.  Watching the highlights and the refs should have called an illegal pick on that TD by Kelce.  I cant stand Andy Reid either the fat pig.

Well it looks like Jabe and I got the weekly standings win. I cant believe the Raiders missed that 2 point conversion.  Cost the the game.  SUCKS

Chicago (I'm not much on odds, but I'm not surprised the line is even for this one. Just cancel the Thursday games)....

San Francisco
New England (Here I go with the Pats, but trusting the Browns might be worse)....
Green Bay 
Jacksonville (custard pie man is right, this is a brutal Sunday for games)...
Minnesota 
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Tampa Bay
LA Rams (The tonic for whatever ails the Rams)...
Seattle (Another drizzling shits game perhaps)....
Buffalo
Philadelphia 

LA Chargers 

Edited by paul carruthers

Im going to make my picks now.  

Chicago (in a real stinker)

Atlanta ( this team fights.  SF might be looking ahead to KC?  )

Cleveland  (they need Watson but have played well without him.  The defense seems over reated.  

Green Bay (but taking Jets with the points.. They could win, GB will be very desperate though)

Indy (Jacksonville lays a big egg and proves they have a ways to go)

Minnesota

New Orleans  ( tough inter conference game, what has happened to NO defense?)

Baltimore ( I just cant see the Giants going 5-1, even though Barclay is fabulous)

Pittsburgh ( upset call.  Steelers QB looked good even though the Bills blew them out.  Brady showing his age, the Falcons almost came back)

LA Rams  ( Rams will be desperate and even though their OL is banged up big time, Carolina has not shown enough offense, but this is no cinch)

Arizona  ( tough call)

Buffalo  ( well this will surprise nobody.  My Bills are now 2 1/2 point favorites on the road.  KC secondary cannot stop Josh Allen.  I am hoping Trey White returns today)

Dallas  ( Eagles over rated and lucky, Dak or no Dak, Dallas can win.  But it will be a nasty game)

Denver (they still have a defense and older QB's like Russel might need more time to get it going?  After a  big road win in the East, Chargers may be a bit complacent here)

Well thought I was picking first but Paul snuck his in first.  We sure have many that we do not agree on. 

Sunday Oct. 16

Arizona at Seattle 4:05 p.m.
Buffalo at Kansas City 4:25 p.m.
Dallas at Philadelphia 8:20 p.m.

Monday Oct. 17

Denver at LA Chargers 8:15 p.m.

24 minutes ago, redrum said:

Oakland (just can't call them Vegas) played KC tough. That's an ancient rivalry. 

Should have beat them.  I do not like that call on the 2 point conversion but I would like to see a better camera angle.  Looked like he may have got in?  Browngrass has picked my Bills to lose AGAIN.    Like he does every week.  What do you have against the Bills Mr Browngrass?  

As for you Redrum, your 49ers are looking like their beastly selves again. Time will tell if Jimmy G stays under center. I think they lost a lot of faith in the young kid they had plans for.  Lance. Just keep Jimmy in, and re draft.  That said, I still think the Dolphins long term are better to at least draft a top ranked QB to compete with Tua at the very least. As for Green Bay, they sure better win this week vs the Jets.  I would not want to be in that locker room if they dont.  The Jets are going to give them a fight. I just cant see them winning a desperate game for GB at Lambeau.  Or have they really fallen that far?

OMG, Paul is picking against his Dolphins?!!!  Shocker.  No Tua no faith?  I get it. Bridgewater does not exactly get the juices flowing.  It was a real ey opener to see Case Keenum come in at garbage time for Josh Allen.  Making me realize just what Allen means to this team.  He is a beast.  Watch the highlight of the 100 yard TD pass vs the mighty Steelers.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

^^ I don't know if you missed it Rick, but Bridgewater left the Jets game early with a concussion. The Fins are down to their 3rd QB and if he gets drilled, I have no clue who they could plug in. Tyreek Hill may be "The Cheetah," but he's got no one to throw him the ball right now.

But, as usual, I know I'll be scanning the scores Sunday to see how many games I misfired on...  :D

Thursday Oct. 13   Time (ET)

Sunday Oct. 16