2022 NFL PICK 'EM POOL

Strider

Definitely some dodgy games this week. Dallas@Philadelphia and Buffalo@Kansas City really the only compelling matchups.

San Francisco
Cleveland
Green Bay
Jacksonville
Minnesota
New Orleans
Baltimore
Tampa Bay
LA Rams
Seattle 
Kansas City
Philadelphia

Chargers...Russ looks cooked.

Chicago - L

San Francisco edit pick to Atlanta 11:50 am timestamp. 9’ers defense is completely decimated. 
Cleveland 
Green Bay
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Tampa Bay
LA Rams
Seattle
Buffalo
Philadelphia

LA Chargers

Edited by Walter

Thanks for info Walter on Atlanta who are 5-0 vs the SPREAD.   I am taking Dallas with the points. In fact I picked them to win, so your likely safe.  I am the only one with Denver I believe.  I think Wilson is going to finally wake up.  I have no  fear of the Charger defense. 

Kansas City here we come!!!!   Bitch's

One of us gets to a big fat 7 tonight Walter.    I think I am the only Turkey taking Denver.  Russell is due for a big game. These AFC West games can always go either way.  Raiders had KC on the ropes. Chargers D I do not believe is that good. Cleveland played them tougher at home than NE.  Cleveland has big issues and they were the team I worried about. Now I can see that KC is the team to keep an eye on, and just maybe those Jets.  But I do not think the Jets can beat the Bills unless the Bills commit multiple turnovers.  Anyway, Ill celebrate this one and no game for the Bills for two weeks and then Green Bay comes in.  Never can take Rogers lightly but they are not the team I thought we would be facing earlier. The Bills will likely be double digit favorites.  Minnesota is the trap game for the Bills looking forward.  

Dodgy games equals dodgy picks.

What a freaking bloodbath. I had an event to attend yesterday so I missed all of the day games. When I last checked the scores at 12 noon, most of my picks were still ahead...Green Bay, Baltimore, New Orleans, etc.

By the time the event was over and I could check the scores again, all of the morning games except for Minnesota had gone in the tank. Of the first eight games yesterday, I lost seven. Counting my Thursday Night loss, eight of the first nine games on my card are big red Xs.

There goes my chance of winning the prize this season.

Paul, Walter, and several others have six losses going into tonight's game and you all have the Chargers. LedZeppfan1977 has seven losses and picked the Broncos.

17 minutes ago, Strider said:

What the fuck was San Francisco doing on that last drive? The Drive to Nowhere. Where was the urgency?

Sucking wind. 

This isn’t a today problem; or a this week, this month, this year problem.

This is a decade-long issue.

Injuries have assaulted the San Francisco 49ers over the last 10 seasons like a plague. You’re sick of hearing about them. I’m sick of writing about them. The 49ers are sick of dealing with them.

But we cannot stop talking about injuries because the injuries refuse to stop.

Yes, it’s football. Injuries are inevitable.

However, there’s a chasmic difference between the typical wear and tear NFL teams and players deal with and what the 49ers deal with.

They are the most consistently injured team of the last decade.

Okay. A lot of people are getting stars this week. We have a six-way tie for first with everyone at 8-6. Thank god the Chargers won or else it would have been seven-way tie at 7-7. Sorry, Rick.

Maybe I should have everyone predict scores for the Monday Night Game as a tie-breaker, so we don't have these logjams.

I would like to thank custard pie man for his diligence in getting his picks in even though he was in the midst of his son's wedding. Congratulations to the happy couple. May your son and bride have a long and bright future.

Week 6 Results 

ebk: 8-6*

greengrass: 8-6*

jabe: 8-6*

paul carruthers: 8-6*

redrum: 8-6*

Walter: 8-6*

in_the_evening: 7-7

custard pie man: 6-8

LedZeppfan1977: 6-8

Strider: 5-9

Season Standings After 94 Games 

1. Walter**: 58-35-1

2. jabe***: 54-39-1

3. LedZeppfan1977**: 53-40-1

4. custard pie man*: 52-41-1

4. ebk*: 52-41-1

4. paul carruthers*: 52-41-1

5. redrum*: 47-46-1

5. Strider: 47-46-1

6. greengrass*: 42-51-1

7. in_the_evening*: 34-28

Edited by Strider

You think last week's schedule was low on compelling games? This week three of the four teams on byes have winning records. And the fourth team, the Rams, are 3-3. That means there is only one game this week featuring teams with a winning record.

Week 7 Schedule 

Thursday Oct. 20  (Times ET)

New Orleans at Arizona 8:15 p.m.

Sunday Oct. 23

Cleveland at Baltimore 1 p.m.
Tampa Bay at Carolina 1 p.m.
Atlanta at Cincinnati 1 p.m.
Detroit at Dallas 1 p.m.
NY Giants at Jacksonville 1 p.m.
Indianapolis at Tennessee 1 p.m.
Green Bay at Washington 1 p.m.
NY Jets at Denver 4:05 p.m.
Houston at Las Vegas 4:05 p.m.
Seattle at LA Chargers 4:25 p.m.
Kansas City at San Francisco 4:25 p.m.
Pittsburgh at Miami 8:20 p.m.

Monday Oct. 24

Chicago at New England 8:15 p.m.

Byes: Buffalo, Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota, Philadelphia

New Orleans

Baltimore  (Cleveland needs Watson fast, killing their season without him, but cant play until week 13)

Tampa  (should win but no way will they cover 10 on the road)

Atlanta  (6-0 vs the spread and in the division race)

Dallas

Jacksonville (the other Josh Allen will make life miserable on Jones)

Indy

Green Bay  ( not confident with this at all)

Denver'

Las Vegas  (Raiders must win this game, but it may be easy)

LA Chargers

SF 

Miami  ( taking Steelers with the points though)

New England ( only because Chicago is just bad)

This might be another week of looking at scores and rolling my eyes...

New Orleans (These Thursday games are rubbish & Andy Dalton is the Saints QB. Probably another L)...

Baltimore 
Tampa Bay (Old Man Brady vs. Mayfield. Give me the old man)....
Atlanta
Dallas 
NY Giants (so much for that early potential the Jags showed)...
Tennessee 
Green Bay (if this was the Packers of old, no worries, but I guess they could eat it again)....
NY Jets (Good Lord)....
Las Vegas
LA Chargers 
Kansas City (I guess this is the best FOX could do for their game of the week)... 🙄
Miami 

New England (It's that time of year where the Monday games are as terrible as Thursday)...

Detroit at Dallas 1 p.m.
Kansas City at San Francisco 4:25 p.m.

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

This might be another week of looking at scores and rolling my eyes...

New Orleans (These Thursday games are rubbish & Andy Dalton is the Saints QB. Probably another L)...

Baltimore 
Tampa Bay (Old Man Brady vs. Mayfield. Give me the old man)....
Atlanta
Dallas 
NY Giants (so much for that early potential the Jags showed)...
Tennessee 
Green Bay (if this was the Packers of old, no worries, but I guess they could eat it again)....
NY Jets (Good Lord)....
Las Vegas
LA Chargers 
Kansas City (I guess this is the best FOX could do for their game of the week)... 🙄
Miami 

New England (It's that time of year where the Monday games are as terrible as Thursday)...

Actually Paul if SF gets a couple of their injured back this truly is a game, and no Hail Mary on 3rd a mile to Tyreek as your boys own him now!  
Browngrass can’t pick against my Bills this week so he takes his chances with Washington and Detroit.  Chances are one pulls the upset maybe?

12 hours ago, Strider said:

You think last week's schedule was low on compelling games? This week three of the four teams on byes have winning records. And the fourth team, the Rams, are 3-3. That means there is only one game this week featuring teams with a winning record.

Week 7 Schedule 

Thursday Oct. 20  (Times ET)

Sunday Oct. 23

Detroit at Dallas 1 p.m.
Kansas City at San Francisco 4:25 p.m. (SF may bounce back)

Monday Oct. 24

Byes: Buffalo, Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota, Philadelphia

A skosh above .500

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Okay. A lot of people are getting stars this week. We have a six-way tie for first with everyone at 8-6. Thank god the Chargers won or else it would have been seven-way tie at 7-7. Sorry, Rick.

Maybe I should have everyone predict scores for the Monday Night Game as a tie-breaker, so we don't have these logjams.

I would like to thank custard pie man for his diligence in getting his picks in even though he was in the midst of his son's wedding. Congratulations to the happy couple. May your son and bride have a long and bright future.

Week 6 Results 

ebk: 8-6*

greengrass: 8-6*

jabe: 8-6*

paul carruthers: 8-6*

redrum: 8-6*

Walter: 8-6*

in_the_evening: 7-7

custard pie man: 6-8

LedZeppfan1977: 6-8

Strider: 5-9

Season Standings After 94 Games 

1. Walter**: 58-35-1

2. jabe***: 54-39-1

3. LedZeppfan1977**: 53-40-1

4. custard pie man*: 52-41-1

4. ebk*: 52-41-1

4. paul carruthers*: 52-41-1

5. redrum*: 47-46-1

5. Strider: 47-46-1

6. greengrass*: 42-51-1

7. in_the_evening*: 34-28

thanks Strider, wish I had video of 100 people in a big circle to close wedding and my son does solo to stairway, remember telling my wife Zep might frown on seeing such a site lol but it was great seeing so many  25-30 year olds digging the mighty zepp, looks like Walter is a kickin some ass, will be hard to catch

I can't believe I got that many right last week.  Honestly, I thought I had about 4 wins.  I'll probably have 4 wins this week... 

Thursday Oct. 20  

New Orleans at Arizona 

Sunday Oct. 23

Cleveland at Baltimore 
Tampa Bay at Carolina 
Atlanta at Cincinnati 
Detroit at Dallas 
NY Giants at Jacksonville 
Indianapolis at Tennessee 
Green Bay at Washington 
NY Jets at Denver 
Houston at Las Vegas 
Seattle at LA Chargers 
Kansas City at San Francisco 
Pittsburgh at Miami 

Monday Oct. 24

Chicago at New England 

I see your all jumping on the Jets bandwagon.  Denver needs this game desperately and I find it just unthinkable that Russel Wilson cant muster enough to beat these green weasels.  As for Browngrass's picks, I like them this week. Im with him on SF, not with him on the Thurs game.  With him on Jax.  Not taking the damn Lions and I think he is on crack picking Carolina in a game Tampa must have.  But anything can happen. 

20 minutes ago, Strider said:

I have been terrible on Thursday nights. So I'm going George Constanza mode...doing the opposite of my instinct.

My inclination was to pick Arizona. So instead I will take New Orleans.

the real question is will a touchdown or  two be scored tonite or will baseball have a higher score total?