2022 NFL PICK 'EM POOL

Strider

20 hours ago, Walter said:

Game will not be resumed this week. No changes for Week 18 schedule, according to the NFL 

the only other option would be back up playoff schedule 1 week to finish bills/cincy seeding and end up with 1 week lead up to super bowl vs. the standard 2 weeks, unless of course what ever happens this weekend would somehow not effect the playoff seeding thus  bills game doesn't have to be made up?

4 hours ago, custard pie man said:

the only other option would be back up playoff schedule 1 week to finish bills/cincy seeding and end up with 1 week lead up to super bowl vs. the standard 2 weeks, unless of course what ever happens this weekend would somehow not effect the playoff seeding thus  bills game doesn't have to be made up?

This is actually BRILLIANT!!!!!  Write the league!!!!!  In 1990 during the Gulf War, the Buffalo Bills did not have two weeks to prepare for the Super Bowl.  A Super Bowl that ended with the famous "Wide Right" by Scott Norwood.  That idea is very good.  But the make up game must be played before any playoff game. But somehow using that extra week work.  IMO its ridiculous to have two weeks.  The number one seed is the only bye now also.  Unfair.  We beat KC head to head.  That to me is bigger than them polishing off the garbage in their division one more time.  Big time..  They are idiots if they give KC the 1 seed, unless they are indeed waiting for this weekends results.  The Bills must get into game mode by tomorrow or the next day at latest  Must replace him in the  secondary.  I do not know the condition of Teron Johnson.  He is a big deal.  We need him.  He walked off  the field.  Was not carted so that is encouraging. But they are not talking about him at all.  I am going to try and find out his condition. If he were to be out, we need to grab someone off the wire.  NOW

The Score, has Teron Johnson as "questionable", listed as head.  To me that means he will play.  But not sure who takes the place of Hamlin at safety?

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Ugh...my first sub-.500 week.  That's my only goal here - to finish at least .500.

Saturday, Jan. 7

Kansas City at Las Vegas 
Tennessee at Jacksonville 

Sunday, Jan. 8

Tampa Bay at Atlanta 
New England at Buffalo 
Minnesota at Chicago 
Baltimore at Cincinnati 
Houston at Indianapolis 
New York Jets at Miami
Carolina at New Orleans 
Cleveland at Pittsburgh (I'm rooting for a sinkhole to open up)
Lost Chargers at Denver 
NY Giants at Philadelphia 
Arizona at San Francisco 
LA Rams at Seattle 
Dallas at Washington 
Detroit at Green Bay

On 1/3/2023 at 11:39 AM, Strider said:

Week 18

Saturday, Jan. 7

Kansas City at Las Vegas 4:30 p.m.
Tennessee at Jacksonville 8:15 p.m.

Sunday, Jan. 8

Tampa Bay at Atlanta 1 p.m.
New England at Buffalo 1 p.m.
Minnesota at Chicago 1 p.m.
Baltimore at Cincinnati 1 p.m.
Houston at Indianapolis 1 p.m.
New York Jets at Miami 1 p.m.
Carolina at New Orleans 1 p.m.
Cleveland at Pittsburgh 1 p.m.
Lost Chargers at Denver 4:25 p.m.
NY Giants at Philadelphia 4:25 p.m.
Arizona at San Francisco 4:25 p.m.
LA Rams at Seattle 4:25 p.m. (Picking Seattle, but rooting for the Rams. Don't want those bastards in the playoffs). 
Dallas at Washington 4:25 p.m.
Detroit at Green Bay 8:20 p.m.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Which means you are also rooting for Green Bay even though you picked Detroit. Because if Green Bay wins, the Seahawks are out of the playoffs no matter what.

I'll be so pissed if they make the playoffs with their lousy record. 

with the new rules offered by the nfl and fact that a tie  gives kc home field and first round bye does anyone think perhaps Bills rest their starters against  pats? I mean their only hope is kc losing which doesn't seem likely? and home field until championship where  game will be played on neutral site?

I've missed one or two weeks, but here are my picks for this week:

Saturday, Jan. 7

Kansas City at Las Vegas 
Tennessee at Jacksonville 

Sunday, Jan. 8

Tampa Bay at Atlanta 
New England at Buffalo (have to go with the Bills)
Minnesota at Chicago 
Baltimore at Cincinnati 
Houston at Indianapolis 
New York Jets at Miami
Carolina at New Orleans 
Cleveland at Pittsburgh
Lost Chargers at Denver 
NY Giants at Philadelphia 
Arizona at San Francisco 
LA Rams at Seattle 
Dallas at Washington 
Detroit at Green Bay 

On 1/4/2023 at 3:48 PM, custard pie man said:

well mr. bills fan if you get me a private jet and a 50 million  dollar salary i could do this , its common sense to a simple solution, but  I would need Walter to work with me cuz he actually kicked all our asses in this years pick em  pool 😂

You (and jabe) are 7 games behind Walter with 16 games to play. So if you can pick 7 or 8 games different from Walter and hit on them all, you'll catch and pass him.

Edited by Strider

8 hours ago, Strider said:

You (and jabe) are 7 games behind Walter with 16 games to play. So if you can pick 7 or 8 games different from Walter and hit on them all, you'll catch and pass him.

its all about 2nd placelol i feel me and jabe are  Ben Stiller in the fockers movie where were have  our trophies for  2nd and third place🤣

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Should I just text you my picks so they won’t know? Like was done in the past…. ;) :hysterical: 

Strider, much thanks for reviving the NFL pool. 
Appreciate your diligence.

On to my winners... and losers.

Las Vegas
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay
Buffalo
Chicago
Cincy
Hoiuston
Miami
New Orleans
Pittsburgh
Lost Chargers
Philly
San Francisco
Seattle
Washington
Detroit

52 minutes ago, Walter said:

Should I just text you my picks so they won’t know? Like was done in the past…. ;) :hysterical: 

walter i'm so worried about trying to catch you (not) that I just prepared a 8 pound pork butt with mustard and dry rub to sit overnite  and smoke tomorrow,  you won fair and square, early congrats

11 hours ago, Walter said:

Do whatever...just get 'em to me before 1pm EST/10am PST.

Just finished watching both games (I DVRd them earlier). Not really surprised Raiders laid a turd.