2023 NFL Playoff Pick 'em Pool

Walter

On 2/14/2023 at 11:17 AM, custard pie man said:

I didn't know that walter, i stand corrected, i still would of preferred a no call, anyways to you and strider this was a lot of fun doing this and thank you for  that and congrats to the ringer, junior

I'll let him know... see everyone next season, I hope! 

Edited by Walter

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Such bullshit to have a title game decided once again by the zebras.  No legitimacy to the NFL

How is it bullshit?  It was an obvious foul, however minor (you're not allowed to grab someone's jersey, which clearly happened), and the Philly defender was man enough to admit it.  If the refs didn't make an obvious call (again, the fact that it was minor and at a critical stage of a big game is completely irrelevant), the game would "once again be decided by the zebras", no?  Philly lost that game because, unlike KC, they failed to make half-time adjustments.  I.e., they were out-coached.

On 2/18/2023 at 12:19 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

How is it bullshit?  It was an obvious foul, however minor (you're not allowed to grab someone's jersey, which clearly happened), and the Philly defender was man enough to admit it.  If the refs didn't make an obvious call (again, the fact that it was minor and at a critical stage of a big game is completely irrelevant), the game would "once again be decided by the zebras", no?  Philly lost that game because, unlike KC, they failed to make half-time adjustments.  I.e., they were out-coached.

You are correct on the shit coaching and halftime adjustments.  You are wrong on the infraction.  It was one that usually would be let go.  The pass was thrown away .  He touched his jersey, big deal. He is playing defense. He did not impede the guy one bit. Remember the one three years back when the Rams went to the Super Bowl with New Orleans kicking and screaming over that non call at the end?  That one I can see.  It was far more of a hit.  And it was not called.  The ball was not catchable either.   And Mahomes was so obvious in his faking the injury.  These guys are not going to win any Oscars

By the way, have I ever seen you post on a sports thread before?  Its rare is it not?

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You are correct on the shit coaching and halftime adjustments.  You are wrong on the infraction.  It was one that usually would be let go.  The pass was thrown away .  He touched his jersey, big deal. He is playing defense. He did not impede the guy one bit. Remember the one three years back when the Rams went to the Super Bowl with New Orleans kicking and screaming over that non call at the end?  That one I can see.  It was far more of a hit.  And it was not called.  The ball was not catchable either.   And Mahomes was so obvious in his faking the injury.  These guys are not going to win any Oscars

By the way, have I ever seen you post on a sports thread before?  Its rare is it not?

Yes, it was a minor infraction but it was still an infraction and the Philly defender admitted it and hoped he could get away with it.  It's precisely in that situation under a ton of scrutiny when a player needs to avoid a silly penalty because that's when the refs are going to be particularly diligent.  You can't assume what you got away with before will still work then.  (Just like the stupid late hit in the AFC championship, it was minor but you cannot do that [touch a guy out of bounds] in that situation.)  That's the reality.  It doesn't matter that they might have ignored it earlier in the game (and I'm pretty sure the refs weren't letting defenders grab jerseys all night long), in that situation minor things take on a much bigger significance.  

Mahomes was probably faking but if the Philly coaching staff fell for it (supposedly they were preparing to see the backup Henne in the 2nd half, just absurd), well, that again supports my claim that they are the reason the Eagles lost the game, not some otherwise minor call at the end.

I don't often post on sports, no, but like anything else, if I feel like I have something to say, I do.

the first thing i honestly thought when they threw that flag to sea the deal was Brees throwing that ball to sodeline and receiver getting pummeled a second before ball got there and  no flag thrown, that would of been game and we wouldn't have had to watch the perhaps worst super bowl ever between pats and rams, Romo was correct when he said the punter should get mvp

1 minute ago, custard pie man said:

the first thing i honestly thought when they threw that flag to sea the deal was Brees throwing that ball to sodeline and receiver getting pummeled a second before ball got there and  no flag thrown, that would of been game and we wouldn't have had to watch the perhaps worst super bowl ever between pats and rams, Romo was correct when he said the punter should get mvp

NO fans conveniently forget that the refs missed a blatant face-mask by NO against the Rams on the previous possession that would have given the Rams first and goal inside the five (they instead had to settle for a field goal).  It's just pathetic how they've bitched about this for four years, when it was their own complete meltdown and lack of composure (I still vividly remember Sean Payton losing his shit and haranguing the refs in OT while his defense was failing to get a stop) that cost them the game.  Bad calls/missed calls are part of the game, they need to be dealt with.