2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

17 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The forecast for tomorrow night's game is 40 degrees below zero. And all the pundits--the ones I listen to--have my Fins getting their ass kicked tomorrow. This truly is a roll of the dice game & sorry I don't have any injury updates for you Rick. 

I just have a bad feeling about this game and a few others I picked, but I'll wait and see... 🙈

I don’t blame you for picking your team and I’ll root for them but, can’t see them beating the freezing temps.  I think they would beat KC if weather were above 30.  Bills now get a faster track.  So you’re betting Mason Rudolph over Josh Allen?  Good luck with that

13 hours ago, Walter said:

Did you do a playoff pick? 

No.  I appreciate your effort, but I just like to enjoy the playoffs.

Lots of empty seats in the upper bowl last night.  Do we use these $500 tickets and freeze our asses off, or go to the bar? :Thinking:The warm bar wins!  

At least Dallas scored before the half to get rid of the goose egg. They get the ball to start the second half so they could theoretically still make it a game.

I've seen enough of Tua now to know he's not the guy who's going to take the Dolphins to the promised land. I'm sorry jabe...I know you're a 'Bama guy and love Tua but he's not a franchise quarterback.

25 minutes ago, Strider said:

At least Dallas scored before the half to get rid of the goose egg. They get the ball to start the second half so they could theoretically still make it a game.

I've seen enough of Tua now to know he's not the guy who's going to take the Dolphins to the promised land. I'm sorry jabe...I know you're a 'Bama guy and love Tua but he's not a franchise quarterback.

You're probably right about Tua. He can light it up one week and suck big time another week. 
Mac Jone was a bust in New England. Bryce Young was sub par in Carolina. Jalen Hurts signed for major $$$ but I don't know if he'll be worth it.
Of these four Bama qbs, I thought/think Tua has the best possibility of success at the NFL level.

13 minutes ago, jabe said:

You're probably right about Tua. He can light it up one week and suck big time another week. 
Mac Jone was a bust in New England. Bryce Young was sub par in Carolina. Jalen Hurts signed for major $$$ but I don't know if he'll be worth it.
Of these four Bama qbs, I thought/think Tua has the best possibility of success at the NFL level.

Bryce is in football hell in Carolina. He needs a new coach and environment or else he'll end up shell-shocked and broken like David Carr in Houston.

fox and now nbc are all saying McCarthy could be let go how come no one is putting the blame on Dak? this dude just crumbles and plays like shit once its a big game or playoff game, forget his stats he got most down 30 points, should of had 4 picks, get me someone else please, someone who looks to throw to all receivers not just one, doesn't turn it over, and doesn't say on every fucking play "here we go"

20 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

So disappointed the Chiefs will advance. It means another week of insufferable what's her face.

agree and  now  the nfl's number 1  Mahommey now will get added protection from the refs when it comes to  crucial calls because of mr. Pfizer and his girlfriend

Well, since I plan on watching a lot of sports tv today, I guess I better brace for the usual hyperbolic overreactions to any & everything involving the Dallas Cowboys.

I don't know if I would even call yesterday an upset. This Saturday, if the Pack beat the Niners, then that's an upset.... 

I believe some in the sports world are still missing the point--it doesn't matter who the next coach of the Cowboys is. If Jerrah Jones doesn't get out of his way, they still ain't winning shit. What dismantled that Cowboys dynasty of the 1990s? You can bring in Belichick or Harbaugh--and I hate to say this--but as long as Jerry is alive and putting himself centerstage in all the Cowboys doings, the results will be the same...

Edited by paul carruthers

18 hours ago, custard pie man said:

agree and  now  the nfl's number 1  Mahommey now will get added protection from the refs when it comes to  crucial calls because of mr. Pfizer and his girlfriend

She’ll be wearing a zebra shirt in her suite. 😄