Pontiac 1977 TV News Report (with short clip of concert)

sam_webmaster

10 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

1. Why has this just now surfaced?

2. There has to be more than a two second snippet, right?

It was a Detroit television news report aired in April 1977. The only people who would have seen it were people who lived in the Detroit metro area and this was in the days before home video recorders were commonplace. The tape has been stuck in the tv station's dark and dusty archives since then. I mean, the station probably has had much more important things to do than keep tabs on every piece of Led Zeppelin footage they might have aired. Since the station is celebrating their 75th anniversary this year, this was probably the impetus for them scouring their tape archive for anything noteworthy. Hence, why it was just released.

6 hours ago, mtracy64 said:

This was a couple years before I got into Zep, but I remember seeing this on the local news at the time and wondering what the fuss was about.

There are other local Detroit news reports from this era of Silverdome concerts. The Rolling Stones 1981 concerts, for example, received similar coverage.