1973.05.26 Remastered Soundboard

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Excellent job with this one SteveZ98.

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I hadn't listened to this show in quite a while, so it was nice to get to hear it again while I was working on the remaster.

3 hours ago, KnightsofNi said:

The drums being pulled up to the front is something else.

Yeah, it really helps to drive the performance, plus it makes it easier to fully appreciate just how good Bonzo was .

A huge shout out to our friend Steve for his amazing work on these shows. I have a big file of SteveZ remasters and I hang out there a lot. Probably too much if you ask my wife 😁

The drums here are outstanding!!!!!! Great balance too. NO DOUBT in my mind Bonham is the best rock drummer of all time. And it ain't even close. 

Much love and respect and thanks as always Steve. Your legacy is deep my friend. 

Edited by Ian Smith

46 minutes ago, Ian Smith said:

A huge shout out to our friend Steve for his amazing work on these shows. I have a big file of SteveZ remasters and I hang out there a lot. Probably too much if you ask my wife 😁

The drums here are outstanding!!!!!! Great balance too. NO DOUBT in my mind Bonham is the best rock drummer of all time. And it ain't even close. 

Much love and respect and thanks as always Steve. Your legacy is deep my friend. 

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying this show. My goal recently, and with all future remasters, is to have the drums up front. Not only does it help energize the performance, but it makes it easier to hear how awesome Bonzo was, how well he worked with JPJ, and how the two of them supported and interacted with Jimmy. 

On 3/12/2024 at 8:23 AM, SteveZ98 said:

My goal recently, and with all future remasters, is to have the drums up front. Not only does it help energize the performance, but it makes it easier to hear how awesome Bonzo was, how well he worked with JPJ, and how the two of them supported and interacted with Jimmy. 

Indeed.  After over 40 years of listening to Zep live recordings I am getting to the point that if the bass and drums are not clear and strong in the mix I cannot listen for any length of time.  Lucky for me there are so many great recordings and remasters out there with great bass and drums.

Edited by John M