the FOOTBALL thread

Hermit

I hate the Lions for being the worst and most ridiculous organization in all of sports...but the sting is reduced by having 3 other great teams in the city, no doubt.

Only Lion fans hate the Lions because fans of other teams know that they have a 95% chance of beating them....every single year.

Why Millen is still employed i have no idea. No other organization would ever tolerate his incompetence year after year.

Again, I'm not a Lions fan. They suck, they're embarrassing. They died for me the day Barry Sanders walked away from them.

As far as Buffalo finishing "ahead of them", what does that even mean? In the NFL, basically it's the Super Bowl winner, and everyone else. Neither Detroit or Buffalo is winning the Super Bowl this year, and neither has ever won a Super Bowl. One has been less sucky over the years, but that's not saying a ton, when the bottom line is championships. 1999 was the last year either of them has been to the playoffs. Since then, the Lions have been embarrassing, while the Bills have been somewhere between embarrassing and sub-mediocre.

Again, I'm not a Lions fan. They suck, they're embarrassing. They died for me the day Barry Sanders walked away from them.

Completely understand your bitterness. That said, the Steeler Nation welcomes you to join and cheer on a team that is good on a consistent basis. If you hate them, that's fine. Just hate the Pats more....please. :D:D:D

As far as Buffalo finishing "ahead of them", what does that even mean? In the NFL, basically it's the Super Bowl winner, and everyone else. Neither Detroit or Buffalo is winning the Super Bowl this year, and neither has ever won a Super Bowl. One has been less sucky over the years, but that's not saying a ton, when the bottom line is championships. 1999 was the last year either of them has been to the playoffs. Since then, the Lions have been embarrassing, while the Bills have been somewhere between embarrassing and sub-mediocre.

Buffalo has made many moves in the right direction. they will fight for a wild card at the least. The only real concern is how good the QB is going to be. Bill Walsh had high hopes for this guy. I like what I see in him. they will have a good defense, great special teams, the biggest offensive line in the NFL, Lynch in his second year is a damn good running back. They are headed in the right direction. I thought the lions were and I still think Mariucci and that dumb ass GM screwed things up. They had 3 great recievers and couldnt get them the ball. Kitna is good, and he is good enough to get them to the playoffs if he had some help. In that division you never know from year to year.

I predict 4-12 for the Lions, 6-10 tops. Definitely double-digit losses again. Top to bottom, the organization is screwed up, and bottom line is the NFL is a talent league. Teams with good players win, period. Lions don't have many good players. Marinelli can try to "coach 'em up" and try and get the right "tough" guys with the right "attitudes" to fit his mold, but it's like a JV team trying to take on the State Champs...you're still gonna get killed.

Here is the most blistering, yet well-thought-out and spoken diatribe about the Lions you'll ever hear. The best sports talk radio guy in Detroit just hands them their asses in this...this is what the radio guys in Detroit think about the Lions...

Brutal Lions rant

That wasn't bad....but no one compared to Art Regner. We used to drive home from the games listening to that guy blow a rod every week. Funny as all hell.

Archived