the FOOTBALL thread

Hermit

Belichick Was Taping Since 2000

Feb 13, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) — Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

"There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over," Specter said.

*source*

Cheater Bill Belichik

belichick-799192.jpg

:thumbdown:

Afaic... put an asterisk by the Pats so-called "dynasty". <_<

Belichick Was Taping Since 2000

Feb 13, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) — Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

"There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over," Specter said.

*source*

Cheater Bill Belichik

belichick-799192.jpg

:thumbdown:

Afaic... put an asterisk by the Pats so-called "dynasty". <_<

This isn't over yet. Pats fans here are accusing Specter of sour grapes over the Eagles loss, but there's way too much smoke here for there not to be a fire.

What a shocking turn of events, though- just a few scant weeks ago there was talk that this team was the G.O.A.T.- and now not only has the GOAT talk evaporated, but everything they've done is on the verge of being tainted.

This isn't over yet. Pats fans here are accusing Specter of sour grapes over the Eagles loss, but there's way too much smoke here for there not to be a fire.

What a shocking turn of events, though- just a few scant weeks ago there was talk that this team was the G.O.A.T.- and now not only has the GOAT talk evaporated, but everything they've done is on the verge of being tainted.

Sour grapes or not.. either Belichick has been taping other teams' signals or he hasn't. Arlen Spectre says he heard it straight from the Commish that Belichick has been taping other teams' signals since 2000.. and as far as I can tell, the Commish aint denying it. It seems to me it's gonna be hard for anyone to spin this as anything other than what it is.. outright cheating on the part of the Pats.

..what a bummer for the game of football. :(

fwiw,.. I wish senator Spectre would be as concerned about those

CIA torture tapes as he seems to be about the Patriot-gate tapes. :rolleyes:

I'm without a fuckin' South Jersian, tri-state area doubt, the biggest Eagles fan on this board and the fact that this comes out means dick to me. What can I ask for to go back to the 2004 season and 05 Super Bowl? Jack.

Truth be told. The Patriots are certainly not the only team in the NFL to be doing this kinda behind-the-scenes----on-the-scenes dirty work in the league. They just happen to be the bully on the block who got caught red handed by the angry parent fed up of an ass-beating. Sure it angers me, but let's get serious. Ain't nothing revoking their title over the Eagles..

Spector...let's get real.

If you coulda, you won't!

Let them play..and keep watching.

I'm without a fuckin' South Jersian, tri-state area doubt, the biggest Eagles fan on this board and the fact that this comes out means dick to me. What can I ask for to go back to the 2004 season and 05 Super Bowl? Jack.

Truth be told. The Patriots are certainly not the only team in the NFL to be doing this kinda behind-the-scenes----on-the-scenes dirty work in the league. They just happen to be the bully on the block who got caught red handed by the angry parent fed up of an ass-beating. Sure it angers me, but let's get serious. Ain't nothing revoking their title over the Eagles..

Spector...let's get real.

If you coulda, you won't!

Let them play..and keep watching.

Very true. I'm just glad because it takes a bit of the lustre off of their three Lombardis, one of which deserves to have an asterisk or perhps the word 'Tuck' carved into it anyway.

• 2 months later...

If we can get Duece back healthy and some help on D we might make a run at it.

Tough schedule this year. Two monday night games a home game in London and a thursday night game in Chicago IN December :'(

2004366854.jpg

buh-bye, Shaun. :wave:

Thanks for the memories. You were a helluva RB in your prime! :beer:

Seahawks say goodbye to Shaun Alexander

April 23, 2008

KIRKLAND — Anticipation of Shaun Alexander's release began in the first week of March, when the Seahawks signed two new running backs. Still, the conclusion to Alexander's run with the Seahawks arrived abruptly Tuesday.

A doctor's appointment to check on his wrist, a couple of phone calls to make sure he was cleared, and by the end of the afternoon, the Seahawks announced the leading rusher in franchise history was gone, given his unconditional release.

"One of the toughest decisions I'll ever have to make," Seahawks president Tim Ruskell said.

Alexander arrived in Seattle in 2000 as a first-round pick to back up Ricky Watters. By 2003 he had helped turn the Seahawks into a perennial playoff team. He averaged 1,500 yards rushing and 19.6 total touchdowns his first five seasons as Seattle's starting running back. In 2005, Alexander set a league touchdown record of 28 (since broken) and became the first Seahawk to be named a league MVP.

*source*

s_alexander.jpg

Are you a Seattle fan Hermit??? I am a Bills fan. Guess who Seattle plays at on openening day? Right-at Buffalo. One more thing for us to argue over.

You're a Bills fan?

(my condolences on that. :console: )

:D

Ok then,..

we might as well start the opening day smack talk now, eh buddy?! ;)

I'll go first (again)..

In the picture I posted above, Shaun is holding up 4 fingers. He's

sending you a message. You know what he's referring to, don't you? :whistling:

[Hint: '90, '91, '92, '93]

:P

cheers, bud. :drunk:

dude. You chumps are 0-1 in Super Bowls. We are 0-4. And went to 4 straight. and won afc titles. Show me the math on this one Houdini.

It's not very often you hear someone bragging

about his team losing 4-straight Super Bowls. :lol:

The math tells me that when it comes to losing consecutive Super Bowls,

no team in NFL history has better credentials than the Buffalo Bills. :P

See you on Sept 7th, bro. B)

:drunk:

Fwiw,. I've always liked the Bills. It's not why I've always liked the Bills but it is a fact that my family's ancestral roots (paternal) in America are in Silver Creek. Needless to say I have a number of relatives who are diehard Bills fans, and.. believe you me.. I have lots of fun ribbing them about the Bills "4-peat". ^_^

:hippy:

It's not very often you hear someone bragging

about his team losing 4-straight Super Bowls. :lol:

The math tells me that when it comes to losing consecutive Super Bowls,

no team in NFL history has better credentials than the Buffalo Bills. :P

See you on Sept 7th, bro. B)

:drunk:

Fwiw,. I've always liked the Bills. It's not why I've always liked the Bills but it is a fact that my family's ancestral roots (paternal) in America are in Silver Creek. Needless to say I have a number of relatives who are diehard Bills fans, and.. believe you me.. I have lots of fun ribbing them about the Bills "4-peat". ^_^

:hippy:

What ever happened to that kicker, it's gotta suck to be known as the one that missed a field goal to loose the superbowl :bagoverhead:

I hate the Lions for being the worst and most ridiculous organization in all of sports...but the sting is reduced by having 3 other great teams in the city, no doubt.

Same here, but I loved this draft they had...one of the thirty people in the world who thought it was good :P

I hate the Lions for being the worst and most ridiculous organization in all of sports...but the sting is reduced by having 3 other great teams in the city, no doubt.

Anyone that is a Lions fan has a lot of nerve putting down anyone else's team. I gaurantee you Buffalo will finish ahead of them. The only question mark for Buffalo is QB. And Bill Walsh spoke very highly of Edwards. We will be in the playoff race. Not the Lions.

Archived