the FOOTBALL thread

Hermit

We had a chance to see something historical with a 19-0 season, and have the '72 Dolphins shut up forever. Instead, that slacked-jawed googly-eyed doofus Eli Manning gets a Super Bowl ring. The guy should be playing for San Diego right now, but he had to be a whiney little bitch and refuse to play for them when he was drafted.

eli_drunk.jpg

We had a chance to see something historical with a 19-0 season, and have the '72 Dolphins shut up forever. Instead, that slacked-jawed googly-eyed doofus Eli Manning gets a Super Bowl ring. The guy should be playing for San Diego right now, but he had to be a whiney little bitch and refuse to play for them when he was drafted.

No offense here but you sound like a whiny Pats fan. Not that you ARE one.....you just SOUND like one.

You did see history.....the greatest upset in NFL history.

BTW Eli cost me a 3rd fantasy football championship in 4 years so I hated the guy but give him credit. He led an awesome drive against the "greatest team of all" time. Quit crying.

Hey Belichick pulled a Led Zeppelin, he was outta there before anybody else.

HATE ELI BUT I HATE THE PATS MORE!!! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL SUPER BOWL!!!

THE PATS SUCK !!!!! THIS WAS ALMOST AS GOOD AS WHEN THE BEARS CRUSHED THEM 46-10...LOVED IT...LOVED IT

TAKE THAT MOSS YOU POSER!!!

eli_drunk.jpg

Yeah, but he wooooooooooooooooooooon :D

No offense here but you sound like a whiny Pats fan. Not that you ARE one.....you just SOUND like one.

You did see history.....the greatest upset in NFL history.

BTW Eli cost me a 3rd fantasy football championship in 4 years so I hated the guy but give him credit. He led an awesome drive against the "greatest team of all" time. Quit crying.

Yeah, I know, I'm just wound up and pissed. I wanted to see a perfect season, and really did NOT want to see Eli Manning win, so it's a double-whammy.

Yeah, I know, I'm just wound up and pissed. I wanted to see a perfect season, and really did NOT want to see Eli Manning win, so it's a double-whammy.

I'm with you dude. I said on draft day when he bolted from the Chargers (get it....bolted) that I would never like the guy but you gotta cheer for the underdog.

And being a Raider fan who vividly remembers the tuck rule any heartbreak that can come the Pats way is something I cheer for.....and I can't think of a better heartbreak than this......none.

:D

I'm with you dude. I said on draft day when he bolted from the Chargers (get it....bolted) that I would never like the guy but you gotta cheer for the underdog.

And being a Raider fan who vividly remembers the tuck rule any heartbreak that can come the Pats way is something I cheer for.....and I can't think of a better heartbreak than this......none.

i'm a raiders fan as well...and I REMEMBER THE SNOW GAME...IT WAS A FUMBLE!!!! AND YES I FEEL THAT PAYBACK IS A BITCH...TAKE THAT PATS...YES

BY THE WAY WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER...MINE WAS & ALWAYS BE THE TOOZ!!

NEW ENGLAND;

YOUR LUCK HAS RUN OUT!!!! THE BILLS WILL BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU NEXT YEAR. YOU SUCK HOLES WERE LUCKY SO MANY TIMES. HOW DOES IT FEEL WHEN YOUR LUCK RUNS OUT???? DIRT BAG FUCKING LOSERS!!! sO WHICH IS WORSE? LOSING 4 IN A ROW LIKE MY BILLS LIKE YOU ALWAYS MOCK OR THIS?? YOU BOSTONIANS ARE TOAST!!!!

Speaking of poor sports, sheesh.

that funny and disturbing all at the same time...OH BY THE WAY PATS SUCK!!!

Show a little class and good sportsmanship, muh-man. The Pats

lost but they don't suck. To suggest they suck is.. well.. absurd. :rolleyes:

Congrats to Tom Brady and the Patriots on a great season. Going undefeated

through the regular season and right up to the SB is quite an accomplishment. :beer:

Show a little class and good sportsmanship, muh-man. The Pats

lost but they don't suck. To suggest they suck is.. well.. absurd. :rolleyes:

Congrats to Tom Brady and the Patriots on a great season. Going undefeated

through the regular season and right up to the SB is quite an accomplishment. :beer:

Well said, Hermit. There's a lot of Pats hate going on here. That's fine, but you have more credibility saying "I hate the Pats" than "Pats suck", because they certainly don't.

God, here we go, SportsCenter has already had Bob Griese and Mercury Morris on to get their thoughts. These guys are never going away...

Well, you'd have to expect that...they were the last team to go undefeated. And they would've been on even if the Pats won.

As a Fins fan I cringe when I ask...what did Mercury say?? Was he gracious or embarrassing as usual???!!

Well said, Hermit. There's a lot of Pats hate going on here. That's fine, but you have more credibility saying "I hate the Pats" than "Pats suck", because they certainly don't.

You're right, you're right.

But I'm just curious, does anyone know what the Pats' official soft drink is?

Could it be . . . . CHOKEa-cola? :whistling:

I'm a Raiders fan, I had to. :hysterical:

Stringy, we've had our ups and downs, but right now, at this moment, I love you my Raider brotha.

The Patsies loved the Tuck . . . until they met Justin Tuck. :D

No, they don't suck.

BUT......

They won 3 Super Bowls by field goals.......field goals.....they were a play here or there and a missed field goal from being THE BUFFALO BILLS.

AND.....

With more Spygate accusations coming to light we may know why (or at least have a strong suspicion) as to how they won those games by one play here or there. Just think for a moment of the accusation this week of video taping the final walkthrough practice of the Rams before they played them in the Super Bowl. In case you didn't know, a walkthrough practice is when you go over your exact gameplan and plays that you will actually run in the game. IF and I say IF it is true that the Pats taped it, then they would've known precisely what plays the Rams were going to run. Could that explain how they were 14 point underdogs going against what was called the Greatest Show On Turf, the best offense in the league and the Pats held them to 3 points until midway through the 4th quarter?

Even with this years (not accusations but deliberate) taping of the Jets signals. I've heard a lot of commentators this year say that it wasn't a big deal but I recall the Bills head coach say "you don't think its a big deal if you KNOW what play is coming? You better believe its an advantage." I agree.

Example, when the Bucs beat my beloved Raiders, Coach Gruden who coached Rich Gannon and the Raiders the previous season, took the Bucs through a practice that he ran the QB position himself and taught the Bucs every nuance, and mannerism of Gannon and how you can read exactly what he was going to do. During the game, the Bucs picked off Gannon left and right. They dominated. I remember sportscasters saying during the game it was "as if they knew" where Gannon was going before he actually threw.......and they did.

No, the Pats don't suck....by far.....they're a great team.....but I do scratch my head how much truth there is to my conspiracy theory!

Archived