the FOOTBALL thread

Hermit

From what I understand, the NFL Network was originally going to be the only way to view the last game of the regular season between the Giants and Patriots (Saturday, December night game). Because of the hype over the Patriots going unbeaten, the commisioner changed the coverage, and here in NY, 3 "regular" channels then televised it. Seemed fishy, like they didn't want so many fans to realize that this new network was going to start hogging the top matchups and we would all miss some local games that are normally available without paying extra. They promote it as a means of catching games you wouldn't normally be able to see, or repeats of great matchups in the past - but really it's the beginning of forcing us to all pay extra for what used to be "free".

One of my annual guests always brings a six pack of fruit flavored microbrews. The rest of us make secret bets on how many beers he'll actually drink (2 usually wins), what time he'll arrive (6:28 pm usually wins), and what time his kid's pictures will be stuck in our face (6:35 usually wins). Got quite a collection of his undrank beers in the back of the fridge...

Hey Magic Sam - if you are tuning in here.....

What do you think about what Al the Godfather is doing to our Raiders? Wanting to fire Kiffin after only one year? What is Al snorting?

I heard Jerry Porter on Sirius that afternoon and he was speechless. Speaks volumes as to what the rest of the team must be thinking.

:angry:

Hey Magic Sam - if you are tuning in here.....

What do you think about what Al the Godfather is doing to our Raiders? Wanting to fire Kiffin after only one year? What is Al snorting?

I heard Jerry Porter on Sirius that afternoon and he was speechless. Speaks volumes as to what the rest of the team must be thinking.

:angry:

I was listening to Sirius when this story came over the wire. I was shocked. It seemed the Raiders were finally going in the right direction. What is Kiffin's status now? Is he in limbo?

We are currently having office wars related to the Super Bowl. I came in yesterday to talk to one of the other RAs while he was working the desk and he asked me if I was going to watch it. I said I wasn't really sure because as a Niners fan, watching good teams is just depressing. I did ask him who he was rooting for though and he said the Patriots. I expressed my disgust with his choice and he immediately recanted and said, "Well, maybe the Giants!" Mwahaha. I have the power over the boyes I work with.

Anyway, I came in to work the desk today and one of the women I work with was complaining because the guy from the day before had put a Giants wallpaper on the computer. I instructed her to retaliate by wallpapering the computer with a sexy picture of Tom Brady. She complied.

Fun times in the office. :D

Eli Manning is a biznitch. "If San Diego drafts me, I'll refuse to play for them, and stand on at the podium holding their jersey whilst I scowl" :boohoo:

Yeah,.. I hear ya about Goofy. <_<

Still,.. I'm inclined to root for the underdogs. :whistling:

Having said that, I do recognize and appreciate Tom Brady's

greatness and the amazing, historic season the Pats are having. :beer:

super_bowl_xlii_300x180.gif

As Superbowl XLII unfolds today, I look forward to

hearing peoples' opinions about the game and about...

..the commercials! :cheer:

:D

2.7 million for 30 seconds...What a joke!

What about all the starving children in the U.S.A.

Effective though it is, I find the Patriots' short

yardage passing game rather boring to watch. :coffee:

How can you say that Hermie? You've got Mike Holmgren one of THE greatest offensive minds who helped popularize the whole West Coast "short" passing game as an assistant with the Niners, coaching the Packers and your Seahawks.

It may be boring but yes, it is effective!

Super Bowl Prediction: I wouldn't be totally shocked if the Giants win, but if I had a thousand bucks to bet I would put $997 of it on the Pats to win.

I don't think it will be a ho-hum Pats win and the Giants make a play here and there to stay somewhat close, in other words I don't see it being 24-13 or 30-17.

It will either be extremely close, down to the last drive (24-23) or an absolute total and complete blowout (48-10) kind of a game.

And after the latest Spygate scandal (accusations of taping the Rams before Super Bowl XXXVI) I suspect the Pats have a chip on their shoulder and will want to prove themselves.....I lean towards a 48-10 score.......unfortunately because I hate the Pats.

super_bowl_xlii_300x180.gif

As Superbowl XLII unfolds today, I look forward to

hearing peoples' opinions about the game and about...

..the commercials! :cheer:

:D

I'm not into the commericals or all the hoopla of the SB.......I'll tune in when they kick off....I know it's a big event and all, but in the end it's just a game. :) Enjoy!!!!!

Super Bowl Prediction: I wouldn't be totally shocked if the Giants win, but if I had a thousand bucks to bet I would put $997 of it on the Pats to win.

I don't think it will be a ho-hum Pats win and the Giants make a play here and there to stay somewhat close, in other words I don't see it being 24-13 or 30-17.

It will either be extremely close, down to the last drive (24-23) or an absolute total and complete blowout (48-10) kind of a game.

And after the latest Spygate scandal (accusations of taping the Rams before Super Bowl XXXVI) I suspect the Pats have a chip on their shoulder and will want to prove themselves.....I lean towards a 48-10 score.......unfortunately because I hate the Pats.

I think the Pats will win by 10....they are too potent on all sides of the ball. I think Eli will revert to the Eli of old and the Giants wont' have enough on defense to slow down or stop the Pats.

Enjoy the game everyone! :)

Archived