the FOOTBALL thread

Hermit

John Elway did the same thing to the Baltimore Colts. Do you hate him also?

Yeah, I think that's bullshit. It's a priviledge to get to play a game for a living and make millions doing it, and to dictate who you get drafted by is ridiculous. If everyone did that, it'd ruin the draft system, if every team had to worry that their #1 pick was going to refuse to play for them, and then to have to work trades to get players willing to trade for them, it would be a total clusterfuck every year. What made Manning so special that he thought he could do that? Well, it worked for him I guess. I just love that the Chargers wound up being a good team, and they not only got Rivers, but also got a pick that they used on Shawn Merriman the next year.

Yeah, I think that's bullshit. It's a priviledge to get to play a game for a living and make millions doing it, and to dictate who you get drafted by is ridiculous. If everyone did that, it'd ruin the draft system, if every team had to worry that their #1 pick was going to refuse to play for them, and then to have to work trades to get players willing to trade for them, it would be a total clusterfuck every year. What made Manning so special that he thought he could do that? Well, it worked for him I guess. I just love that the Chargers wound up being a good team, and they not only got Rivers, but also got a pick that they used on Shawn Merriman the next year.

It worked for Elway also. It did not however work for Baltimore. They got screwed and ended up leaving town. :angry:

DAMMIT, I HATE ELI MANNING!!!! His whole "I'll refuse to play for the Chargers if they draft me" bullshit made me want to puke...

4.jpg

Yeah,

sittin' out was a little picky but i'm not going to hammer a home boy having said that, I will say that getting Drew Brees and Reggie Bush to come down here to Live and Work in our wrecked city showed a lot of class on their part.

I will say that getting Drew Brees and Reggie Bush to come down here to Live and Work in our wrecked city showed a lot of class on their part.

Exactly. I mean, who wants to go play for a bad team? But that's the point...bad teams get high draft picks so that they can try to no longer be a bad team. It generally works, unless you're the Lions. Hence why the Chargers, the team that wanted him, are now a good team in spite of his crybaby act.

Exactly. I mean, who wants to go play for a bad team? But that's the point...bad teams get high draft picks so that they can try to no longer be a bad team. It generally works, unless you're the Lions. Hence why the Chargers, the team that wanted him, are now a good team in spite of his crybaby act.

I feel ya, I think the Lions and The Saints are 2 of only a few teams left not to get to the super bowl yet. Even the G#%*%#D Falcons have made it :rant:

Any predictions on todays games?

I 'm predicting that the Chargers and Giants may or may not get off of their team buses. :mellow:

The Chargers should've stayed on the bus!!

Well, it's hard to be competitive when your 3 offensive stars are suffering various injuries yet they still managed to get in the red zone 4 times for a total of 12 points. I'm surprised Rivers played...I thought he was more banged up than LT & Gates. But props to him for playing today though you could see he wasn't 100%.

New England is beatable. They have escaped many times now when they could well have lost. The Giants had them the last time. They have a shot. At least it wont be the worst super bowl ever. I give that to the Pittsburgh/Seattle game that I couldnt even watch. And Ive wathced every one since 1968 (number 3).

True they may be beatable but they have yet to be beaten. B)

I shouldn't be too negative....Giants will be competitive...at least I hope so. :)

Hi all,

I feel ya, I think the Lions and The Saints are 2 of only a few teams left not to get to the super bowl yet. Even the G#%*%#D Falcons have made it :rant:

The Falcons , the Cleveland Browns,Texans,Saints,Jags and how about the Cardnals,have not made it to the Super Bowl,.....have they? :blink:

Good games today!

KB

For The Love of GSH. Please don't let the Patriots win, as much as i hate the fucking "Fins". I hate New York and Boston is near New York. I know Boston hates New York, but still. I think the East Coast is Overated. Hopefully we'll get a good game.

So you don't want the Pats to win because you hate New York, and Boston is near New York? You do know that the New York Giants will also be playing, right? :lol:

Man, it really is a treat when your team is repeatedly the road underdog and pulls together game after game. Most Giants fans just wanted to see them advance past the first round. 30 yards on the ground and only one big play for the Packers last night, in their favreable elements... This will be an epic Super Bowl - not the blowout everyone is anticipating!

Man, it really is a treat when your team is repeatedly the road underdog and pulls together game after game. Most Giants fans just wanted to see them advance past the first round. 30 yards on the ground and only one big play for the Packers last night, in their favreable elements... This will be an epic Super Bowl - not the blowout everyone is anticipating!

We can only hope. They played a good game the last weekend of the season. Hope this game is just as epic!

anyone have the NFL Network on their cable? I'm watching Super Bowl XX (1986, Bears vs Pats) in its entirety. Leading up to the Super Bowl, they are showing entire Super Bowl broadcasts in their entirety.

No!! My $%^#&* cable provider Time Warner does not carry it. :angry::angry: My old one did though and it was only $5 a month which is well worth it to this football fan. I hope TW and NFL come to some type of agreement in the near future.

I can't believe that with all we're paying for cable/satellite, and the hundreds of channels (of crap) available, that some still are willing to pay more for sporting events or movie channels. I could see paying more for obscure viewing that is for certain tastes only, but it's getting like a fancy restuarant where everything is a-la-carte... As long as we keep buying into it, they will keep taking advantage!

Archived