Houston 1977 video

dexter

When is this video going to surface? I am not a huge boot collector by any means but it seems as though there is extensive material from other acts at this venue (the who, kiss, queen etc. etc.) Someone leaked that stuff - why couldn't they be so generous with the Zep? The SBs have surfaced for this show, where is the **gosh-golly** picture? Any theories? Tape-hoarders? Cease and desist letters? The cricket-bat wielding ghost of Peter Grant?

Sorry burps. It was my attempt at humor.

The show may exist in the video form but no proof has yet surfaced.

:(

Pity. I read it exists in video, I thought maybe it would be out soon....

Anyway, thank you for your answer. :)

Does anybody remember Bootleg Bill Burns, a snide character from the 80's Boston music scene? Well, not exactly from the music scene, he used to have an open suitcase full of bootleg cassettes and he would camp out in front of the Ratt in Kenmore Square. He had an extensive video collection, and I believe I was shown the Houston 1977 video. He had an Eskimo girlfriend whom I think may have inherited the collection when he passed. He lived in the back of a tailor's shop called Perapan off Newbury Street at the time I saw this video. The video was color.

The was also a dude named Fabian who worked at a rock memorabilia store called Stairway to Heaven (1 of 2 in Boston!)

and he seemed to have every video possible.

That's a cold trail at 20+ years ago, but I thought I'd share, just in case.

That video... oh, Houston... well... what you expect from that video? I think will be something like the Kingdome 1977. Nothing new, the same clothes maybe... but a better performance... if I have the CD's, why should I bother with the visuals?...

Damn it!!!!...

WHERE IS THE GODDAM VIDEO?????

That video... oh, Houston... well... what you expect from that video? I think will be something like the Kingdome 1977. Nothing new, the same clothes maybe... but a better performance... if I have the CD's, why should I bother with the visuals?...

Damn it!!!!...

WHERE IS THE GODDAM VIDEO?????

Exactly - where is it?

:rolleyes:

It's probably in the same hands of the guy who had The Who's '75 video from the same venue. It's

a good sign that a cd from Zep's performance is out because a cd came out first with The Who too.

I've read that 3 Who fans eventually paid $5,000.00 for the footage after The Who members turned

down buying the footage themselves after a private screening.

Considering the quality of the performance as heard on the soundboard it deserves to be buried under an avalanche for eternity. If only Seattle 1977 had the same fate..... B)

Really? That bad? I guess I should be careful what I wish for...

Really? That bad? I guess I should be careful what I wish for...

Well, perhaps slightly harsh of me to say that, but it's a pretty typical performance regarding that particular tour in the sense they sound tired, bored and lifeless.

If only there was video footage of the LA run of shows, not just 8mm clips of a few minutes duration...

Well, perhaps slightly harsh of me to say that, but it's a pretty typical performance regarding that particular tour in the sense they sound tired, bored and lifeless.

If only there was video footage of the LA run of shows, not just 8mm clips of a few minutes duration...

No doubt about it - that would unbelievable and priceless. I haven't heard the Houston recordings, but I was hoping to suspend my skepticism. Seattle redux I suppose...

Nonetheless, in the spirit of the WHO post, I would like to make an open offer to the owners of the Houston video in the sum of (drum-roll.....) FORTY-FIVE AMERICAN DOLLARS or equivalent in the currency of your choice. There. The offer is out there...

No doubt about it - that would unbelievable and priceless. I haven't heard the Houston recordings, but I was hoping to suspend my skepticism. Seattle redux I suppose...

Nonetheless, in the spirit of the WHO post, I would like to make an open offer to the owners of the Houston video in the sum of (drum-roll.....) FORTY-FIVE AMERICAN DOLLARS or equivalent in the currency of your choice. There. The offer is out there...

I would like to officially place my bid: Forty-SIX american dollars! All in Missouri quarters...show me the vid!

Fuck 1977!!!! Where is Bath 1970? Now that's the question!

I agree - although that is almost too much to wish for! Regardless of who has ownership of the negatives and their condition it is going to take a significant investment of time and money for that to ever see to light of day. It would have to be an inside job...

Archived