Houston 1977 video

dexter

Oh ! Here we Go Again ! ! !

I was at the entire Houston show in 1977.

1. There were NO camera/video people in front of, or on the stage.

2. No video (from any source) was transmitted on any screens for this show.

3. IF there was a remote video camera, ie at the back of the hall somewhere, that shot the concert, that feed was not shown during the concert, and has never surfaced. If it's in someone's private collection.... It may never surface. But then, it would have to exist in the first place, to then be considered for release.

And, BTY, it was Very Good Zeppelin show, no matter what any tape collectors might say otherwise. And Jimmy's B-I-G GRIN, from ear to ear just after he trips at the Beginning fo the encore Rock'nRoll ....Priceless ! ! ! :D

3. IF there was a remote video camera, ie at the back of the hall somewhere, that shot the concert, that feed was not shown during the concert, and has never surfaced. If it's in someone's private collection.... It may never surface. But then, it would have to exist in the first place, to then be considered for release. :D

Very good post. That's why I never speculate on what may or may not be out there left to be seen or heard. If something surfaces from the murky pool that's fine, if not I wasn't holding my breath for anything anyway. There's more than enough stuff to collect for now....

Fuck 1977!!!! Where is Bath 1970? Now that's the question!

:rolleyes:

uh, no.

more like F'k Bath 1970..... there is enough footage of the early years already..... footage of them at Bath would be redundant to us 77 fans.

as for the Houston video.... word from the veteran traders is that is does exist.

uh, no.

more like F'k Bath 1970..... there is enough footage of the early years already..... footage of them at Bath would be redundant to us 77 fans.

as for the Houston video.... word from the veteran traders is that is does exist.

Quite the reverse actually, I think you'll probably find more fans would want to see Bath 1970 than anything from 1977. Page obviously feels the same way as the only footage from 77 was used on the DVD menu.

3. IF there was a remote video camera, ie at the back of the hall somewhere, that shot the concert, that feed was not shown during the concert, and has never surfaced. If it's in someone's private collection.... It may never surface. But then, it would have to exist in the first place, to then be considered for release. :D

Hey Rover,

Maybe we can call Joel Osteen and see if he came across them when he was cleaing out the place! haha

How would the Lakewood congregation react to seeing that up on the big screen???

uh, no.

Spoken like a newbie. Bath 70 is considered by many, including members of the band, to be the single greatest Zeppelin show EVER. Huge English crowd, outdoor festival, they go on at sunset, one of the earliest acoustic sets, HMMT features possibly the longest medley ever played. What has Houston 77 got to compete with that? Another lethargically fingered Star Spangled Banner? Rock and Roll with the horrid vocoder?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So I say again . . . FUCK 1977. WHERE'S BATH 70?

edited to add: it's only the show the friggin' masthead comes from, fer fek's sake!

I guess we want to see Houston 77 to see Page fall down during the beginning of Rock and Roll and also the full excess of drug use by the band.

I saw him fall down on the P&P tour in New Orleans and kept right on playing and maybe miss one or two notes if that!

Rick James once said in an interview, that he has written and recorded 50 songs that if they were to be released. That all the musicians in the world will be out of jobs because only his records will sell. Maybe, just maybe Page has that same thought with DVDs. I heard HDDVD is offering 10 billion dollars to released it on their format. It really is amazing how the band is so different from one tour to the next that a home movie and a 2 disc DVD does not cut it for fans.

Rick James once said in an interview, that he has written and recorded 50 songs that if they were to be released. That all the musicians in the world will be out of jobs because only his records will sell. Maybe, just maybe Page has that same thought with DVDs. I heard HDDVD is offering 10 billion dollars to released it on their format. It really is amazing how the band is so different from one tour to the next that a home movie and a 2 disc DVD does not cut it for fans.

Source please.

assume away. It only adds to the humor. Don't let a couple of irreverent individuals stand in your way of possibly starting a good rumor that one day might be true

• 6 months later...

...and where do most of these rumours originate? Zeppelin site named after a famous Louisiana hotel, no? :rolleyes: Where the pathologically lying con artist of a moderator intimates that he has this uncirculated source and that uncirculated source...bullshit that is guaranteed to keep all the Kool Aid drinking members of the site coming back for more? :P Difference between here and there, though is here you can actually discuss this kind of thing, whereas over there there is no speculation allowed! Why is that? Moderators' guilty conscience, perhaps???

Personally I don't believe there IS a Houston '77 video. If there was, it would probably have already appeared- footage like that is too much of a cash cow for the goddamn bootleggers to pass up.

Isn't it true that you are just upset that you told the whole world that Freezer's Baton Rouge '77 tape was going to be released and was thrown to the wolves for it? Now, it'll stay locked away till that old cranky bastard kicks the bucket.

It exists, and I don't expect it to be released anytime soon.

Why is that? It seems the owner could make more money off it now then in the future. Zep is really hot now (well, they always are but after the O2...they are on everyone's mind)

Why is that? It seems the owner could make more money off it now then in the future. Zep is really hot now (well, they always are but after the O2...they are on everyone's mind)

I guess the satisfaction of having something no one does is no longer a consideration.

Unlike a rare painting, selling a booleg is kind of frowned upon by the trading community. So, even though there are many shows known to be in private collections (some people refer to these as hoarded). The people who actually know who it is that has these is a small circle of people.

You can't really go public through EBAY and/or auction houses with this because Jimmy's people will find out and come asking for it. It has happened to someone who has a film of another show.

Then there are those that don't want to circulate the stuff because as soon as they do, a bootleg company will get a hold of it and turn around and sell it. Once you start giving a few people a copy, it will eventually spread. There are few to be trusted to keep something private.

Then there are people like the guy mentioned above. He taped the show, and frankly he has no interest in circulating it unless you have something he wants (and he has a very small list).

Right now, there are 287 or so shows in circulation. Anyone with a little time and bandwidth can get a hold of these. That should be more than enough to tide people over until something new surfaces.

I guess the satisfaction of having something no one does is no longer a consideration.

Unlike a rare painting, selling a booleg is kind of frowned upon by the trading community. So, even though there are many shows known to be in private collections (some people refer to these as hoarded). The people who actually know who it is that has these is a small circle of people.

You can't really go public through EBAY and/or auction houses with this because Jimmy's people will find out and come asking for it. It has happened to someone who has a film of another show.

Then there are those that don't want to circulate the stuff because as soon as they do, a bootleg company will get a hold of it and turn around and sell it. Once you start giving a few people a copy, it will eventually spread. There are few to be trusted to keep something private.

Then there are people like the guy mentioned above. He taped the show, and frankly he has no interest in circulating it unless you have something he wants (and he has a very small list).

Right now, there are 287 or so shows in circulation. Anyone with a little time and bandwidth can get a hold of these. That should be more than enough to tide people over until something new surfaces.

Good Luck and Take care

Archived