Hot Pics of Robert

Aquamarine

I want to tell ya'll a little story. I am trying to get a friend of mine into Zeppelin. So I sent her to youtube and told her to watch/listen to the Knebworth "Kashmir." Nothing too extravagent to start, just ease her in kind of slowly. So, I get an email back from her saying,

"I thought the song was sexy and bluesy, but who was that girl singing it?" She further said, "I think David Cook could sing it better and make it sound more manly." Now, I just really did not know how to respond to this. I am still thinking about it. What should I say?

Should I send her a picture of Robert with the lemon proudly displayed, or what?

Definately, I tried to do that with a friend of mine but she thinks that Robert as he is now is too old, and Robert, when younger, looks too feminine...you can't bloody win

But then again shes into all that hip hop "artists"...or what I would call it in my day, plain old singers and they're a load of crap...give me the good old days of 70's and 80's rock gods

Haha! Sorry that had me cracking up pottedplant.

I vote for showing your friend a picture of a very manly/sexy Robert and maybe putting on another song where his voice range goes a little deeper.

And I hear you SozoZoso *sigh* Such a shame that most young people today don't appreciate the classic rock gods of yesteryear. We should make them all do a Zepathon for punishment.

Thank you P_P and Sozozoso. I have been so spoiled by Zep that all other music is boring and tuneless to me. I mean comparing Robert to some American Idol guy. Blasphemy!!! There is a picture of Percy with his shirt off and looking his gorgeous self. I will send her that. I will have her listen to SIBLY. If she doesn't like that, I give up. Now, I have to make amends to Robert and start licking him again...flip over and lick some more. The ole' Lick-n-Flip.

I am watching the Grammys. Most of these people can't even sing and they are all ugly (except for Adam Levine).

Yay! Mumford and Sons won "Album of the Year"! And I'm happy for them because Robert loves them and plugged them during the interview in New York. I'm sure he's gonna be thrilled for them as well. Whoohooo!

Stop licking Robert long enough, pottedplant, to tell him the good news. *LMAO*

Edited by Percys_Plant

Yeah, Mumford and Sons. I thought of Robert as well because he loves them. Beautiful screen shots of Robert, just beautiful.

Back to Lick-n-Flip.

I think if we could freeze the band in time, say about 1975 or so, and then plop them down on the Grammy stage and turn them on to do just about any song, they would blow the roof off the place. There is no doubt in my mind.

Oh, I was happy to see T Bone Burnett playing with the group that honored Levon Helm and The Band. If Robert was watching, I know he was happy to see him as well. A few Zep connections last night.

Edited by pottedplant

I don't understand that either, P_P. They did win a Lifetime Achievement award in 2005. I don't know what the status of the Grammys was back in the 1970s. It makes no sense to me. Did the Stones ever win a Grammy? The Grammys have lost a lot of their music

cred in the last few years. I was glad Robert won so many, even though I did not care for the album.

ITA, P_P. I did like Robert's vocals. The songs suited his vocals at that time. I like Alison Krauss as well. I just don't care for that type of music.

However, they did do some Zep songs on their tour that I absolutely love. "Black Dog" and "Black Country Woman." Very different

and unique versions of the songs.

Thanks SoZoZoSo. They did look very well together. Matching hair and all. ITA about Band of Joy, this collaboration is better.

Alison is quite a beautiful woman and Robert looks fantastic. Sound fabulous on these. Thanks again.

We are off topic, but it is about Robert anyway...