The Santana Thread

xmas

Oh my :o I bet that is amazing, especially with Billy Cobham on drums!!! Is that official or unofficial?

Are you into Santana's more recent releases?

It's unofficial Ninelives. it's a fantastic soundboard and the sound just explodes.

I thought Supernatural was a good move for Carlos as it reconnected him to the masses. It's very enjoyable and the band I'm with presently plays Maria Maria and Corazon Espinado at our shows. The last few of his collaborations have been good but a little less appealing.

I've thought that Jimmy Page might follow the similar route of collaborating with various artists for a new project. It certainly worked for Carlos.

It's unofficial Ninelives. it's a fantastic soundboard and the sound just explodes.

I thought Supernatural was a good move for Carlos as it reconnected him to the masses. It's very enjoyable and the band I'm with presently plays Maria Maria and Corazon Espinado at our shows. The last few of his collaborations have been good but a little less appealing.

I've thought that Jimmy Page might follow the similar route of collaborating with various artists for a new project. It certainly worked for Carlos.

Suspected it was unofficial. I liked Supernatural but what followed didn't hold my interest.

...Chicago, Santana is one of the artist I would love to see perform...I agree with you about Jimmy Page. I would like him to see in the capacity of "music director"...I so wish he was involved with Danny Boyle and Indian Music director A.R. Rehman for Slumdog Millionaire...Danny is a fan of Led Zeppelin...I posted a link to an interview in Oscar Nominations thread in General Forum...he states he always wanted to be in Led Zeppelin...I have many reasons, musicially, speaking, as to why Page's involvement in this project would have been even more interesting...I sure hope I get to seem Jimmy Page on the road performing/ or just recording soon!!!

...Chicago, Santana is one of the artist I would love to see perform...I agree with you about Jimmy Page. I would like him to see in the capacity of "music director"...I so wish he was involved with Danny Boyle and Indian Music director A.R. Rehman for Slumdog Millionaire...Danny is a fan of Led Zeppelin...I posted a link to an interview in Oscar Nominations thread in General Forum...he states he always wanted to be in Led Zeppelin...I have many reasons, musicially, speaking, as to why Page's involvement in this project would have been even more interesting...I sure hope I get to seem Jimmy Page on the road performing/ or just recording soon!!!

I hope you get to see him live. He's quite amazing.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There are quite a few good soundboards available on tela.sugarmegs.org from 1971, and some from 68-70.  The 71 shows are amazing.  They have the Santana III tracks and Neal Schon.  The CD release from Tanglewood 1970 is amazing and it has two Santana III tracks. 

For a real treat check out the official 1968 live release from Fillmore West. 

• 10 months later...

Yep. He suffered from dehydration and is recuperating per his wife Cindy Blackmon-Santana . He is looking forward to getting back on stage and next year it’s reported Santana and Journey will tour together to celebrate 50 years of Journey with other special guests TBA. 

R😎

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...