Todd Rundgren On Led Zeppelin Reforming

lajoie

On one occasion I had an opportunity to approach JPJ but he was with his wife and all three daughters. They'd come upstairs to congratulate Diamanda on that night's gig. If

I'd been the wanker Gainsbarre apparently thinks I am I could have asked right then

"Hey, John did you accompany Herman's Hermits on a tour of Germany in '67 to take

a break from session work?" This I did not do. It was their moment. However, I have found if you've got something particular interesting to discuss with them most people are receptive, to include "stars".

Oh Stevie, you're such a sweetheart...

Very humble of you to do that, an important man such as yourself to chose another moment.

• 3 weeks later...
as for Hendrix-he never lived to see the full greatness of the band, if he had I could see him revising his opinion somewhat.

I'm pretty sure I have read other things about Hendrix saying that by 1970 he had changed his attitude to Zeppelin and actually liked them.

Most of his early comments about Zeppelin were before LZ II came out.

I'm pretty sure I have read other things about Hendrix saying that by 1970 he had changed his attitude to Zeppelin and actually liked them.

Most of his early comments about Zeppelin were before LZ II came out.

Yes , Hendrix was a good guy - I know for sure Robert has express admiration for him.

What I do know is This thread began about Rundgrens current comments of Robert Plant--and the recent news reporting of them --It had nothing to do with comments that may or not have been made 5,10,20 or 30 something years ago.Nor was it a question of can you tell me who in the music industry other then Rundgren has ever said crap about Led Zeppelin or its members.For the record Rolling Stone in history past was not cool to them ,however that is not now,In case you were not aware Led Zeppelin was just on a Rolling Stone cover ? Never Mind the Bollocks! You need to grow up ! you can`t play oohhh poor me , you misunderstood.Buddy when you made an itemized list from history long gone past and then came back with more rubish you burned yourself even more .

arguing again eddy!!!!!!!! :o

arguing again eddy!!!!!!!! :o

Listen , You seem to be twisted, your now rude and nasty comments are harassment---I am not eddy---the staff have been notified about you---they (have posters Ips) could come to my door and find out that I am not eddy. You are doing wrongful damage on this forum STOP ! I am not here for that. I don`t know you and do not want to.

They(admin)have taken off some of your stuff at my request---You have been wrongfully rude to me I hope the rest of the trail of rubbish has been cleaned up as well, truthfully the only thing you should at this point be saying to me is that you are sorry & that you were wrong to call me eddy when I am not,and that all the rude comments directed to me were not correct. peppermint I commented to you positively as a Led Zeppelin Team supporter only .

Hi all,

I find it sad in many ways that anyone talking about anything has to put someone or somethiing down.It kind makes one want to vomit! :D

As far as Jimi goes,I always saw him as this humble soul except when he was on stage!

I read this a looog time ago in Guitar,Guitar Player,etc,etc,....it was a loooog time ago,..

Q: What do you think about Led Zeppelin?

J: I don't think them too much,but Jimmy Page is a really good guitar player.

I have this interview somewhere, but after Hendrix says he doesn't think much of Led Zeppelin he qualifies it by saying something to the effect that he likes them, but just doesn't think about them (as in not analysing their music. Hendrix studied musicians and had interesting positive perspectives considering his own prowess ).

Also he said he liked Pages playing and that he was a very good guitar player, as stated.

They(admin)have taken off some of your stuff at my request---You have been wrongfully rude to me I hope the rest of the trail of rubbish has been cleaned up as well, truthfully the only thing you should at this point be saying to me is that you are sorry & that you were wrong to call me eddy when I am not,and that all the rude comments directed to me were not correct. peppermint I commented to you positively as a Led Zeppelin Team supporter only .

lajoie - I hope you take this more as a compliment because it isn't meant to be insulting but,...everytime I read a post of yours, I can't help but hear and see Glyn Johns in my head.

Weird inninit! :blink:

Archived