Todd Rundgren On Led Zeppelin Reforming

lajoie

I just read Todd's comments and all I can say is "So what?"

Todd Rundgren is one of hundreds of famous musicians who have said derogatory or slightful things about Zeppelin and it's members. That special club consists Bowie, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Sting, Peter Townsend, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Robin Trower, The Davies Bros, any 1970's punk band ...no need to continue.

Todd Rundgren is one of hundreds of famous musicians who have said derogatory or slightful things about Zeppelin and it's members. That special club consists Bowie, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Sting, Peter Townsend, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Robin Trower, The Davies Bros, any 1970's punk band ...no need to continue.

Today the Rundgren comments were in online news the long string You are posting has nothing to do with it. Last week Robert Plant did an interview with Steve Jones on lindie 103.1 Fm , If your a hater & not for Peace ....that`s on you.

Today the Rundgren comments were in online news the long string You are posting has nothing to do with it. Last week Robert Plant did an interview with Steve Jones on lindie 103.1 Fm , If your a hater & not for Peace ....that`s on you.

What the hell are you talking about?

[/quote

You presume too much. Knock it off.

I had the displeasure of seeing Todd Rundgren and The New Cars last year in NY, I figured since they had the great Tubes drummer Prairie Prince and also Elliot Easton and Greg Hawkes, and since I liked The Cars as a teenager, I gave it a shot. It sucked, mostly due to Rundgren, he was a goofball, had a cheesy stage schtick, and the sound mix was horrendous. A cash grab for them. A waste of money for me. If Plant wanted to do the Zep reunion for the money, he would've done it long ago.

All I can say is........who cares. :rolleyes: Rundgren can say whatever he wants...and no one should loose a minute's sleep over it. No one needs to defend the honor of Led Zeppelin. Especially kids on a forum that were'nt alive when Zep was formed. Album and concert ticket sales have spoken for you.

The thing of it is....a tour now would in fact be a cash grab. Promoters are'nt offering enormous amouts of $$ for the sake of art. They know they can charge an arm and a leg for 3 old guys to play the same setlist night after night.

All I can say is........who cares. :rolleyes: Rundgren can say whatever he wants...and no one should loose a minute's sleep over it. No one needs to defend the honor of Led Zeppelin. Especially kids on a forum that were'nt alive when Zep was formed. Album and concert ticket sales have spoken for you.

The thing of it is....a tour now would in fact be a cash grab. Promoters are'nt offering enormous amouts of $ for the sake of art. They know they can charge an arm and a leg for 3 old guys to play the same setlist night after night.

Yes ,money could be involved , There are expences involved in making it happen and they do give to various causes etc.Even so artist do deserve to get paid as well,that does not imply the reasoning as to why they would do it.There are many more positive & beneficial results that would come of Led Zeppelin doing more shows--- people don`t always comprehend everyone elses perspective , negitive speculation & conjecture is not always the answer to why & what of anothers motives.A big picture scope is not always understood from an observers view as the creater is still in the process of unfolding their work.....I started this thread with clearly stateing some of my points ,there is more ,I won`t go into now.

I have saw Todd Rundgren in concert in 1977 and I saw Led Zeppelin in concert in 1977! The only thing I remember about the Todd's concert is him having a fit 'cause his guitar was out of tune. I saw both bands about 20 yards from the stage. Todd played for 6,000 fans and Led Zeppelin played for nearly 80,000. Todd Rundgren was forgetable and Led Zeppelin is burned in my brain. And if he wants to pick on Queen I saw them too.... in 76.

There is a thread that is now up that confirms a little bit of what I`ve been attempting to point out on this thread as well as some of the other post I`ve made on this forum.The thread is :Plant on forgotten & rare footage --an interview in an article from Billboard June 14,2003. You may want to see what he said for yourself.

Wasn't aware of any negative Jimi Hendrix comments about LZ...please clarify or refer me to your "Quote"...

Archived