Michael Lee?

Zeppmeister

No. the Page/Plant thing was great, their original stuff I mean, but Lee's problem is that he missed all of the wonderful things that Bonham contributed to the Zeppelin material. All the fills and little flares which Jason has picked up from his dad, Lee has missed out on.

With Jason it can safely be called "Led Zeppelin". With Lee it is "Plant/Page/Jones"

I guess with Jason's playing I was just expecting more. He did great at O2, but I believe something was missing!

No. the Page/Plant thing was great, their original stuff I mean, but Lee's problem is that he missed all of the wonderful things that Bonham contributed to the Zeppelin material. All the fills and little flares which Jason has picked up from his dad, Lee has missed out on.

With Jason it can safely be called "Led Zeppelin". With Lee it is "Plant/Page/Jones"

Shit! I posted a lengthy thought about Lee when I first joined this place. :rolleyes:

Lee would have done fine. I've seen a lot of P/P shows, and he nailed the shit outta the songs. Give the poor dude credit.

His only lacking is the name "Bonham". Not to take anything away from Jason. Jus' sayin'...

Shit! I posted a lengthy thought about Lee when I first joined this place. :rolleyes:

Lee would have done fine. I've seen a lot of P/P shows, and he nailed the shit outta the songs. Give the poor dude credit.

His only lacking is the name "Bonham". Not to take anything away from Jason. Jus' sayin'...

I disagree. Listen to SIBLY on Unledded. He misses out so many great drum fills which Bonham Sr. played, and Bonham Jr. has picked up. It makes the track far less interesting than it could have been.

I disagree. Listen to SIBLY on Unledded. He misses out so many great drum fills which Bonham Sr. played, and Bonham Jr. has picked up. It makes the track far less interesting than it could have been.

I agree, he misses out a lot of fills. In saying that he can still hold his own.

I think Michael Lee is at best, merely average.

Maybe I've missed something? If anyone can direct me to some of his work that is "above average", I'm all ears...

Yep, you've missed something. Have you been to a live show? Or really listened to Walking Into Clarksdale?

I'm not saying he's Bonzo. He's not. But give him his due, especially considering the circumstances.

No i dont think so.If no Jason no Zep but someone i always thought might would have fit in with them was Simon Kirke Free and Bad Company He has jammed with them and he hits them pretty hard

no hes not John Bonham but he is pretty good

I really liked him. One of the Page Plant Wembley shows with him had our jaws on the floor. He was outstanding. For anyone to divert attention away from those two is certainly notable.

Couldn't agree more Knebby. The shows in Vancouver were the same. Given the pressure and all, it would be easy to patronize or slag him. I thought he stood out as his own man so to speak and, complimented the band quite nicely :)

Couldn't agree more Knebby. The shows in Vancouver were the same. Given the pressure and all, it would be easy to patronize or slag him. I thought he stood out as his own man so to speak and, complimented the band quite nicely :)

I saw them 1998 in Vancouver - it was a great show!

I saw them 1998 in Vancouver - it was a great show!

It was, took my kids and a couple of they're cousins along with me (Wife was outta town) cost me a fortune :D I'd have to say though, it was a worthy expence. My youngest boy who was.. a fledgling drummer at the time... was blown away by Lee. Of course , that ended up costing me a whole lot more money :D . That show has stayed with all of the kids (now adults) so to me it may have been the best money I've ever spent

It was, took my kids and a couple of they're cousins along with me (Wife was outta town) cost me a fortune :D I'd have to say though, it was a worthy expence. My youngest boy who was.. a fledgling drummer at the time... was blown away by Lee. Of course , that ended up costing me a whole lot more money :D . That show has stayed with all of the kids (now adults) so to me it may have been the best money I've ever spent

I took my fiance, his nephew and two of his old school pals. It was wonderful.

Bet we both jumped up and down at the same times! :beer:

Say what you want about Lee but his enthusiasm was undeniable. I alway's got the feeling he was happy behind the kit

Even in his Cult days, he'd be behind the kit, playing like a man possessed and grinning ear to ear. I hate it when he gets slagged simply because he's not John Bonham.

I saw Page/Plant in 1995 and 1998, and both times he put on a hell of a show. Especially in 1998. He was a madman!! :D

Hey ally,I also saw him play with Thin Lizzy in Van.They were backing up Deep Purple.

He was great.He was having more fun than anyone else in the house. Big beaming smile

pounding the shit out of his drums.

I took my fiance, his nephew and two of his old school pals. It was wonderful.

Bet we both jumped up and down at the same times! :beer:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner Knebby, got called to work :)

So that was you sitting behind us. The kids frequently remind me about that crazy lady that was at the Page/Plant show. :D I'll Pm you if you don't mind

Archived