Insomnia Thread

Hotplant

• 1 month later...

Green Door by Jim Lowe

(Midnight one more night without sleepin'

Watchin' 'til the mornin' comes creepin'

Green door what's that secret you're keepin'?)

There's an old piano

And they play it hot

Behind the green door

Don't know what they're doin'

But they laugh a lot

Behind the green door

Wish they'd let me in

So I could find out

What's behind the green door

(Knocked once

Tried to tell 'em I've been there

Door slammed

Hospitality's thin there

Wonder just what's goin' on in there)

Saw an eyeball peepin'

Through a smoky cloud

Behind the green door

When I said Joe sent me

Someone laughed out loud

Behind the green door

All I want to do is join the happy crowd

Behind the green door

[interlude]

(Midnight one more night without sleepin'

Watchin' 'til the mornin' comes creepin'

Green door what's that secret you're keepin'?

Green door what's that secret you're keepin'?

Green door)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I work nights and go to bed at 7am and usually wake up between 2 and 3 in the afternoon.

When I worked the early shift I found it difficult getting to sleep at night. I think it was all psychological. The thought of having to be up early with the alarm set for for 5am made it difficult to relax and nod off. Sometimes I'd only get about four hours sleep.

And they say working nights is bad for you! I've never slept so well. It does help living in a quiet area though.

It's not that I can't sleep. I just choose not to. Why waste a third of your life?

Anyway, the Greatest Living English Person used to get by with 3 hours a night, and just look at what she achieved.

Well when are you going to tell me who you are referring to? The Queen?

'Slave' have you tried any Natural sleep aids?

Like 'Marjoram oil' a few drops on you pillow, or maybe a Hop pillow...

i have tried lavender oil in the past, and a few different herbal sleep remedies, as well as prescription ones. but they all either don't work, or make you feel washed out the next day.

it's not true insomnia i have, it's the pains in my leg waking me u, as well as trips to the loo. ( tmi lol )) i try not to drink anything for a few hours before bed, but it seems to make no difference. sometimes i've had nothing to drink from about 4pm, and i STILL have to go through the night!

i have tried lavender oil in the past, and a few different herbal sleep remedies, as well as prescription ones. but they all either don't work, or make you feel washed out the next day.

it's not true insomnia i have, it's the pains in my leg waking me u, as well as trips to the loo. ( tmi lol )) i try not to drink anything for a few hours before bed, but it seems to make no difference. sometimes i've had nothing to drink from about 4pm, and i STILL have to go through the night!

'Slave' I know where your coming from with the Bladder problem, I have to cross my legs these days when I sneeze...LOL (the joy of having children)

Have you tried giving your legs a Massage before bed, then sleeping with them slightly raised...

Or maybe see a Physio, who could maybe give you some Exercises..

'Slave' I know where your coming from with the Bladder problem, I have to cross my legs these days when I sneeze...LOL (the joy of having children)

Have you tried giving your legs a Massage before bed, then sleeping with them slightly raised...

Or maybe see a Physio, who could maybe give you some Exercises..

haha

hubby has given me foot massage ( but not whole leg- i might suggest that! ) not sure how i could lay in bed with legs raised- ( blankets would get in the way, and i prefer to sleep on my side)

can't afford physio ...

thanks for your concern fool, i appreciate it!

haha

hubby has given me foot massage ( but not whole leg- i might suggest that! ) not sure how i could lay in bed with legs raised- ( blankets would get in the way, and i prefer to sleep on my side)

can't afford physio ...

thanks for your concern fool, i appreciate it!

To keep legs slightly elevated you raise the bed at the foot end. Keep forgetting that you have a different health care system to us in the UK

You sound just like my wife on this subject. She is exactly your age too. It happens. She takes one of my valuum once on a while if she is having a bad night. I take a blue every night. It does not wipe me out but it can do that to some.

You sound just like my wife on this subject. She is exactly your age too. It happens. She takes one of my valuum once on a while if she is having a bad night. I take a blue every night. It does not wipe me out but it can do that to some.

any kind of sleep aids seem to make me feel too washed out the next day, so just not worth it for me.

^ Can't understand why anyone would need meds to get to sleep. Back in the days when I cared about getting to sleep, if I had any trouble I always found that cracking one off would do the trick. Not that easy if you're an old timer, but worth a try...?

But my latest wife doesn't like me doing that. She says it's a waste.

Everyone is wired different Major. Different physical issues. Sometimes meds are necessary

Archived