70 seconds of intensity

TypeO

I love Zeppelin like most people here.

But as this section confirms, we all like other music, too.

There are some incredible songs out there, but now and then certain parts of songs just set you off.

For me, for 1 minute and 10 seconds, track 4 of Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger "Jesus Christ Pose" is perhaps the tightest, most intense paroxysm of unadulterated jam ever recorded.

"That's a bold statement." Vincent Vega

from 3:36 - 4:46

Share your own personal portions of tunes that take you there.

Any tool song but just to keep it at 70sec. First thougths

Reflection- Tool- 9:00-10:10

StinkFist- Tool- 2:33- 4:50

Subdivsions- Rush- 3:57- 5:20

It may not me as intense as other songs, but i thought the buildup to the intensity makes there case.

70 seconds? Hmmm....

How about 4 1/2 minutes of intensity like the Who's Young Man Blues off Live at Leeds? This track is a blistering explosion of thunder from beginning to end. Incredible energy and power, absolutely incredible.

When i need a boost, this is one of my top 3 songs to play.

definitely didn't intend to set a 70-second limit - that just happened to be the length of my personal choice.

Another for me is "Last" off NIN Broken, from 1:37 - 2:40.

The beginning of most Drum and bass songs before they drop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b90jQ68j_Kk

Longer than 70 seconds but just listen to the beginning and wait for it to drop, builds up heaps of intensity.

Concord Dawn are awesome, one of NZ's best DnB groups. Theres some good DnB over here!

Anyone else into Drum and Bass?

Just about any Mars Volta goes over the top. They have a few interludes between the intensity, but just long enough to catch your breath before they knock it out of you again.

They truly create bedlam.

Temple of the Dog- Say Hello 2 Heaven-5:30

I like Reach Down better myself.

4:14 into Muse's Knights Of Cydonia...the build up, the anticipation, then BOOM!! into this incredible wall of sound. Love it!!

wow. icon14.gif

that was great - fuggin' awesome vid, too.

• 2 weeks later...
I love Zeppelin like most people here.

But as this section confirms, we all like other music, too.

There are some incredible songs out there, but now and then certain parts of songs just set you off.

For me, for 1 minute and 10 seconds, track 4 of Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger "Jesus Christ Pose" is perhaps the tightest, most intense paroxysm of unadulterated jam ever recorded.

"That's a bold statement." Vincent Vega

from 3:36 - 4:46

Share your own personal portions of tunes that take you there.

Why "70" seconds.... Why not "69" seconds .... of intensity..... :mellow:

Why "70" seconds.... Why not "69" seconds .... of intensity..... :mellow:

ummm, thought I answered that in an earler post...

definitely didn't intend to set a 70-second limit - that just happened to be the length of my personal choice.

Another for me is "Last" off NIN Broken, from 1:37 - 2:40.

I was just talking about portions of songs vs an entire track.

The Soundgarden song I picked I wouldn't consider the most intense entire song I know, but that portion certainly is.

aaaahh, unless sir, you were being sarcastic and/or humorous, perhaps playing on the innate humor produced by the sexual overtones of the number "69", in which case I would then challenge your use of the "mellow" smiley as opposed to perhaps :shifty: or even :whistling:.

That is all. :lolo:

ummm, thought I answered that in an earler post...

I was just talking about portions of songs vs an entire track.

The Soundgarden song I picked I wouldn't consider the most intense entire song I know, but that portion certainly is.

aaaahh, unless sir, you were being sarcastic and/or humorous, perhaps playing on the innate humor produced by the sexual overtones of the number "69", in which case I would then challenge your use of the "mellow" smiley as opposed to perhaps :shifty: or even :whistling:.

That is all. :lolo:

I apologize.... I was Smiley deprived when I posted that "69" comment ! :D

• 3 years later...

Archived