Really Cool Avaiation Videos

The Rover

Inaugural passenger service for Heathrow with the A380 Double-Decker by Singapore Airlines.

Amazing! I first saw the 380 at the Paris Airshow in 2005. You don't realise just how huge an aircraft it is until you see it up close. Here are a couple of the photos I took at the time:

DSCN0065.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

The mighty B1-b Lancer

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Love this bird :D

Right ! When it absolutely, positively has to get there overnight. :D

Check out this really cool video of B-1b Cockpit Footage and a Cruise Missle Bombing Run.

Right ! When it absolutely, positively has to get there overnight. :D

Check out this really cool video of B-1b Cockpit Footage and a Cruise Missle Bombing Run.

That is really cool footage, although the inclusion of the 'stock film footage' with the nuclear payload is no longer applicable. We removed all of the nuclear payload capability as a result of our SALT-2 agreements with the Russians. But that terrain following footage is really cool.

Most people aren't aware that the B-1 is our biggest workhorse in terms of delivering payloads. The B-1 has more than twice the payload capacity of a B-52, and unlike the B-2 the Lancer can fly in ALL weather conditions. In 2001 the military mothballed about 1/3 of the B-1 fleet in order to have parts available for years into the future and also save on budget costs. I think the current fleet is now down to 60 aircraft.

One of my favorite places to work at is O'Hare international airport. It has the worlds biggest air conditioner unit (there are bigger systems, but multiple units). but i just think it was cool to see all the planes land and take off, especially when i was on roofs when the planes would fly overhead.

I just so happen to be there when the A380 landed there as part of the tour Airbus was taking to show off the plane. It was fucking huge. The 747 they parked near it, looked like a model airplane next to this thing.

• 2 months later...

Aw man....I'm going to have to ask my boyfriend for some of his good videos. I can assure you, especially Sting-man, that he will have some good ones for everyone.

He's in bed now, but I promise to get some good ones for you all..... (or as he'd say, "y'all...")

• 2 weeks later...

Archived