What is your all time favorite Led Zeppelin song and why or what is your favorite memory pertaining to Led Zep?

My favourite has changed over the years. It's been Dazed & Confused (I used to 'know' a young lady that the violin bow section used to do really strange & exciting things too!). It's also been 10 Years Gone and The Rover but the one I keep coming back to is Since I've Been Loving You.

Memorable moment was probably standing 10 feet from the stage at Knebworth after the lights had gone down and just being able to make out 4 figures taking their places. Finding that The Forest National Stadium in Brussels had kept a few 100 tickets to sell on the day was quite a boot up the arse too. After we'd crossed The North Sea ticketless.

I love all of their songs but if I HAD to choose I would pick The Song Remains the Same/The Rain Song. The Song Remains the Same is such a unique song with a style that I've never heard before or since. It moves me instantly every time I hear it and coupled with the Rain Song it creates a pastoral beauty that manages to hold within it the essence of nature in a way that very few rock songs can (or would aspire to). I would think that you only usually see this type of alchemy in classical music and only very few rock bands.

I've had too many great Zep listening moments to pick; who didn't get it on to Kashmir or a number of other Zep songs. Who didn't have a spiritual experience with some of their more mystical numbers or just a great time with some of their rocking tunes. And who can watch The Song Remains the Same and not think that they're watching some beings from a higher plane who just happen to be the greatest rock stars of all time at the height of their abilities.

Sunchild I just read your post and copied my own post below here from another thread but it relates to what you were saying.

The Dead were definitely an extension of the On the Road-beat trip. They toured and played more shows than anyone-heck they had a gypsy village following them around (I was one)...it was WILD!!

They are at once similar and very different from Zeppelin; Zep were all virtuosos while the Dead excelled at collectively creating stuff that was more humble yet could blow thousands of minds-you had to be a part of it-they didn't knock you out with it like Zep did-Zep were performers while the Dead was just the part of the crowd that was on stage playing music.....it would probably bore a lot of Zep fans-until you 'GOT IT'......

They both believed in the magic that music could bring to people and the fact that it was much more important than being just a commodity. They both experienced amazing success that the critics could not explain.....they're both my favorite bands.....similar yet so dissimilar.......similar in what counts to me though; MAGIC!

favorite song? hmm... I guess it would be I'm Gonna Crawl. It's either that or Babe I'm Gonna Leave You or Going to California.

favorite Led Zep memory? Seeing Robert Plant at the Ryman in Nashville, in 2005. That was magical. They played That's the Way, Gallows Pole, Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp and Black Dog.

Sure is hard to pick a favorite LZ song...because there were not to many I did not like...The one closest to my heart is ramble on....back in highschool my older brother by a year loved LZ and had all the tapes in his red charger...He would let me drive his car...and it was the coolest thing ever to drive around in his car and listen to LED ZEPPEPLIN...The songs that bring back so many memories were ramble on...when the levee breaks....just to name a few...sadly my brother died a year ago in a tragic ATV accident...Oh how I love to listen to led zeppelin and bring back those incredible memories of my brother...We were lucky to go to the 02 concert...and I was thinking OHHHH how my brother would of loved to be here...I think we was.......

it is hard to pic one, sense i love them all, to start back in 75 i loved dazed and confused, from seeing tsrts also bron-yr- aur stomp is so beautiful makes me want to cry with so much feelings, sth was one you could turn up the radio and everyone would just stop what they were doing and listen, everyone had this connection. but always veg on sibly..

My favorite song is Ten Years Gone favorite album Houses Of The Holy. I must say that it changes from time to time. I love everything they have ever done. My favorite memory is a 3 way tie between meeting Robert Plant in NYC mixing monitors for JPJ in Vegas at the Joint and seeing Led Zeppelin live in London 12-10-07 if anyone is interested I have a blog posted on myspace with my experience in London at the O2 concert. www.myspace.com/vinman65 if anyone is interested.

Allbettsareoff

Archived