Zeppelin best live act ever. Classic Rock magazine poll

ledded1

What about Page & Plant?? Second best act I've seen, after reunion Zep.

(The Beatles and Paul McCartney are in there separately.)

I'd add Trans-Global Underground too, but maybe not many people have seen them or something. That's the only explanation I can think of for them being left off the list.

the Beatles weren't that great live...they only played there easy songs...Too much overdubs and not enough musicians. and of course your going to get a woman saying there number 1 no matter what. you can tell by the screams!!!lol they are amazing though.

the Beatles weren't that great live...they only played there easy songs...Too much overdubs and not enough musicians. and of course your going to get a woman saying there number 1 no matter what. you can tell by the screams!!!lol they are amazing though.

No one heard them live because of all the screaming :o:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly. Beatles weren't a great live band. Shouldn't be as high on there as they are. They left out Janis Joplin and The Doors too.

True say...True say

I myself, can't believe how crazy those girls wen't for them...even Elvis.

im telling you man... it's magic

B)

Yeah, i think the only one that topped the beatles for best female devotion was Elvis. The edge Elvis had was he was better looking.

The most recent isue of Classic Rock magazine has had a musicians and journalists poll for the top 50 best ever live acts.

the list is

1. Led Zeppelin

2. The Who

3. AC/DC

4. Jimi Hendrix

5. Pink Floyd

6. Queen

7. Iron Maiden

8. Rolling Stones

9. Kiss

10. Beatles

11. Aerosmith

12. Van Halen

13. Guns n Roses

14. Radiohead

15. Rage against the machine

16. Cream

17. Bruce Springsteen

18. The Clash

19. Thin Lizzy

20. UFO

21. Yes

22. The Police

23. Slayer

24. Rammstein

25. Motorhead

26. U2

Cant believe Cream and U2 scored so low...of course this is is a subjective thing.

Beatles?!?! number 10? No offence, but they were not good live, then again, with the screaming girls, they didn't have much of a chance.. Brilliant in the studio tho :)

grab a bootleg video of them in australia '64....fuckin' smokin...no lasers, fog machine, broken instruments, amp speakers bigger than 12 inches, one bass drum. also a appreciative audience without most of the teeniebopper screams. a live band that shook the world...

melbourne '64

grab a bootleg video of them in australia '64....fuckin' smokin...no lasers, fog machine, broken instruments, amp speakers bigger than 12 inches, one bass drum. also a appreciative audience without most of the teeniebopper screams. a live band that shook the world...

melbourne '64

Thanks for that. How much do I love John Lennon, what a great voice and presence.

Stray thought, I wonder if those concerts weren't the real start of women's liberation... nothing like a few thousand screaming chicks, and they probably all remember how great that felt. :)

Archived