what is that thing jimmy's doing

cowbell666

what is that thing jimmy's doing in Whole Lotta Love from TSRTS and also in Seattle '77 after Moby Dick... where he has some thing in his hand and he's waving it around and it makes a noise? what is that? i can't find this anywhere. i want one whatever it is. :huh:

ahh cool. now how come google couldn't help me with that? its so cool. i want one. WAHWAHWHWAHWAHAWHA

you can buy them. they are somewhere around $100...but you have to put it together. :angry:

holy crap, i've been watching people play theremins on youtube and i found this gem

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sNZ-Bx4r0VI

pretty freaking good huh?

There is a movie about the theremin. called theremin...Iuse to see it sometimes on my cable guid either on IFC/Sundance... it tells the story about the man who invented the theremin (narrarated by his Grandaughter/ I believe)....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah he ran it through the orange and used a tape delay, and also massive distorion. without distorion it sounds completely different, i know i have one lol. 1977 was the best year for his Theremin use! I always loved how he used that tape delay on it and made it delay on and on and he would wave his arms. really cool. actually inspired me to buy my own, Cost me 100 bucks! but i cant find an old tape delay. well actually i did but it cost WAY too much for me lol So i run it through my protools with a lot of delay to ge tthe sound like jimmy :) here is my littl version of my playing my guitar with a bow and the theremin in the backround. :) Yes i love jimmy, He inspired me to try all of these things my self as i am a guitarist

My Theremin and Bowed Guitar Exoerience :)

Yeah he ran it through the orange and used a tape delay, and also massive distorion. without distorion it sounds completely different, i know i have one lol. 1977 was the best year for his Theremin use! I always loved how he used that tape delay on it and made it delay on and on and he would wave his arms. really cool. actually inspired me to buy my own, Cost me 100 bucks! but i cant find an old tape delay. well actually i did but it cost WAY too much for me lol So i run it through my protools with a lot of delay to ge tthe sound like jimmy :) here is my littl version of my playing my guitar with a bow and the theremin in the backround. :) Yes i love jimmy, He inspired me to try all of these things my self as i am a guitarist

That's awesome man. I used to have the exact same one (bought off ebay?) left it at my neighbors house and forgot about it, he moved away a couple years ago lol. :slapface:

I used to run it through a Boss DD-6 Digital Delay pedal, sounded badass.

Nice work, Hunter- I've never actually played with a theremin but I understand how it's done, neat little thing...other than Jimmy Page I think theremin was most 'famously' used on "Good Vibrations"

That's awesome man. I used to have the exact same one (bought off ebay?) left it at my neighbors house and forgot about it, he moved away a couple years ago lol. :slapface:

I used to run it through a Boss DD-6 Digital Delay pedal, sounded badass.

The DD6...was that the old blue and white pedal, I had that one and the old BOSS non-digital delay pedal (the purple one). Somewhere around here I still have my battered old DF2 distortion/feedback pedal, best distortion pedal I've ever owned.

Nice work, Hunter- I've never actually played with a theremin but I understand how it's done, neat little thing...other than Jimmy Page I think theremin was most 'famously' used on "Good Vibrations"

The DD6...was that the old blue and white pedal, I had that one and the old BOSS non-digital delay pedal (the purple one). Somewhere around here I still have my battered old DF2 distortion/feedback pedal, best distortion pedal I've ever owned.

Yep, that's the one! It's a fun one to play around with, you can really get some crazy sounds with the 'Warp' mode.

At around 0:53 and 2:14 you can hear some Jimmy-esque stuff in the first vid.

Thanks guys :) Yeah i love playing with this thing. And as you can hear my bow playing I am very inspired by jimmy lol. Im always trying to sound just like him, but its terribly hard.. Its terribly hard LOL

Here is another one of my bowing my guitar, You hear jimmy in it right??? LOL

Archived