Zeppelin tour format

How's this. I think Zeppelin may be the only artist who could pull this off.....Madison Square Garden "reserves" the entire month of July 2009 for a Zeppelin "tour". There will be 20-25 shows over the 31 day period. One show is sold at a time. As each show sells out, a new show is placed on sale. No traveling/hotel reservations etc for the band. Now that I've typed it out, it sounds a bit stupid. ???? :unsure::huh::mellow::blink:

Haha! 25 shows in 31 days! They're in their SIXTIES fer crissakes! Do you want to kill them?

People in their 60's march in drum and bugle corps in the hot sun for an entire day and then play a field show at night, and get up to do it again the next day.

Then a month in Chicago, then a month in L.A. No, it doesn't seem stupid to me- but I don't have a box to think in.

Sure, I'd travel the 300 miles to Chicago to go see them. It wouldn't be a bad idea, and it would save them from going to 30 other different cities.

I like it! but add this wrinkle, if you "won" tickets for a show, you will not be able to enter your name again and you will have to show ID to get your tix!!! that way no on takes a spot twice, im sure they will try anyway, but its something, i am still pissed a piece of garbage like Paris hilton went, who knows nothing of Zeppelin, that really burns me!!!!!

Taking over an entire venue for an extended period is the Las Vegas format. It's just unusual outside of Vegas.

Then lets move the venue to Vegas!!

It's closer for us west coast types, and a hell of alot more fun than New Yawk!

I'd like to see a modified version of this idea. Instead of doing it a NYC for a solid 30 days, break it down, spread the wealth around, have a West Coast 'headquarters', for a week or ten days, a show every other day. Same as the East Coast, Midwest, the south, and let's not forget about our Canadian friends: Same time period, same amount of shows...say 5 shows in ten days, or something to that effect. Something that will allow them to stay in the same city without having to 'fly to the next gig'. Brilliant idea, jt. Just needed a bit of tweaking!

Archived