Meeting the band....

olster

I really enjoyed reading your story - it was new to me and very interesting!

You don't need to apologize for your writing - I actually like the stream of consciousness feeling to what you wrote. As I was reading what you wrote, I felt as if you were talking and I got carried along with what you were telling us. My fault is that I am sometimes overly conscious of what I'm writing to the point where the feeling is gone from it. Other times, especially when I'm writing about Zep, and I start thinking back on things, I revert to writing like a young teen-ager.

Thanks I am glad you liked it.I have a few more and as time goes along I will post them to.

I met Robert Plant at the Plaza bar in NYC where I got to sit and chat with him for over an hour and on top of that he bought my drinks 2 Newcastle brown ale. I met JPJ when I mixed monitors for him and his band at the Joint in Vegas. Both men were incredible and very down to earth. I have met Jason several times mixing sound for various bands he was in over the years and then at the O2 gig last year. Jimmy Page is the next on my list I missed him a couple of times as he cancelled both times I was to work his shows with The Black Crows.

allbettsareoff

As per My Pm to you Steve this was a visit to the Tupelo Mississippi Elvis Museum basically a Shotgun House with a Chapel built outside and a Museum on the property.We had a lot of time that day so I guess around lunch time We arrived and My woman had the camera wondering around snapping up pictures.I was well behind Her taking more time to much time according to Her looking in the Chapel .

Well comming out the door of the Museum wearing a straw Cowboy hat is Jimmy Page and Right with him is Robert Plant They both had purchased matching Black Elvis T-Shirts .I was tripping Well I never go to a concert without something for the Band to sign so I was prepared .I had a Picture of Robert and one of Jimmy inside a envelope along with a couple of cd covers.We had a quick conversation about how nice the Museum grounds and as I had not yet been inside The Guys told Me thier were some nice memorabilia pieces inside.I then told them how much I liked Walking into Clarksdale .They then signed my stuff and hurried away before I said some stupid Fan stuff which always seems to come out when I meet them it is so wierd .I have met many Band members over the years had lunch with Ed King of Skynyrd chatted with The Van Zandt boys and Charlie Daniels many times but I get stupid when I am around Jimmy and Robert.My Woman came up just in time to see them getting in thier Car .She asked Me who it was and I told Her.She liked them but was not a real Fan but the downside was that She had the camera and did not get any pictures.That happened twice needless to say I had to get rid of Her .You do not meet Led Zeppelin members everyday and She failed to get my picture with Jimmy and Robert that day and again in 2005 in Biloxi.

So I had to get another girl to go to the Nashville 2005 Robert Plant show and got one thier actually taken by a female friend of Robert's.Oh yes when we got to the show We of course told a few people about the meeting no one believed us My Autographs were in my truck.Well when they came out for

the Encores The Guys were wearing matching Black t-shirts and Jimmy had on his straw Cowboy Hat.

As we were leaving a couple came over and apologized for not believing us.By the way the show was great.

DSC01486.jpg

Here is Jimmy's Autograph I still have have the silver paint pen may be dried out by now but Jimmy used it.

Here is one Robert's

DSC01488.jpg

Having been surprised and delighted to find RP singing at song as a guest with Rockpile at the Birmingham Odeon (my mate had had to really talk me in to going too) I went the next time Rockpile played Brum hoping for the same. Which was in a night club. I spent most of the concert scanning the building for traces of Plant when my mate taped me on the shoulder and pointed behind me. Spinning around I found him stood right behind me. I then turned into a gibbering 2 year old - I did grunt enough to get his autograoh though.

Re: Jimmy's House....

On the Jimmy Page Online discussion board a while back a guy was selling his house in Brazil that bordered Jimmy's house! Everyone was giving him a hard time but not me...I was milking him for all the info I could!!

If anyone's interested in the thread here's a link:

http://jimmypageonlinemessageboard.yuku.com/topic/1946

He said they were great neighbors and had big dogs, LOL!!

I would die so happy if I could just sit down for one hour and share a pint with Jimmy. I think he's the most fascinating person, for so many, many reasons. I'm 47 years old and he makes me feel like a 13 year old with her first crush! He definately has that 'magic' spark!!

DSC01486.jpg

Here is Jimmy's Autograph I still have have the silver paint pen may be dried out by now but Jimmy used it.

Here is one Robert's

DSC01488.jpg

Hey Al

You lucky dog why are you always at the right places at the right time? Thanks for all the info. Great stories and photos. Keep it comin.

Bitchin Soul in the Heart of Texas

Re: Jimmy's House....

On the Jimmy Page Online discussion board a while back a guy was selling his house in Brazil that bordered Jimmy's house! Everyone was giving him a hard time but not me...I was milking him for all the info I could!!

If anyone's interested in the thread here's a link:

http://jimmypageonlinemessageboard.yuku.com/topic/1946

He said they were great neighbors and had big dogs, LOL!!

I would die so happy if I could just sit down for one hour and share a pint with Jimmy. I think he's the most fascinating person, for so many, many reasons. I'm 47 years old and he makes me feel like a 13 year old with her first crush! He definately has that 'magic' spark!!

Ditto

I did not realize it is like running for President in order to get on Yuku. I just submitted my bid and I am waiting for approval. I hate rejection! :o Tell me something about this private community? Is is interesting?

Thanks for the info

Ditto

I did not realize it is like running for President in order to get on Yuku. I just submitted my bid and I am waiting for approval. I hate rejection! :o Tell me something about this private community? Is is interesting?

Thanks for the info

:lol: Nah, it's not hard to get onto, I'm sure the mod will approve you soon. It's kind of a small community, board can get pretty bratty at times, like siblings squabling ; ) But I enjoy it there...as with most boards it's a little quiet right now as we all desperately wait for some kind of announcement from Jimmy about what he's going to do next. (I basically only post on the Jimmy board - we are hard core Jimmy fans...he shits rose petals in our book!) Drop on in, we love new faces!! And I'll be sure to welcome you! I have the same username over there. OH, and the moderator is always up on Zep news...he always has the inside scoop.

There are also other forums there that may interest you...it's a good place :D

Met Jimmy backstage at a JimmyPage/BlackCrowes concert in Holmdel, NJ

Met Robert in London at the wonderful Helter Skelter (RIP) Bookshop.

Side note - visited Roy Harper at his house in Ireland. Talked ad nauseum about how close he was to Led Zep.

Maid

Met Jimmy backstage at a JimmyPage/BlackCrowes concert in Holmdel, NJ

Met Robert in London at the wonderful Helter Skelter (RIP) Bookshop.

Side note - visited Roy Harper at his house in Ireland. Talked ad nauseum about how close he was to Led Zep.

Maid

Where's the green with envy icon?! Holmdel.....how could I have been so stupid to miss that show....

• 2 weeks later...

cliveandphyillis.jpg

Phylis and Clive Nashville 05

cliveandsharon.jpg

Sharon and Clive Nashville 05

nashvillehermatige.jpg

The spot were we got our pic with Robert

robertandsharon.jpg

Sharon is in Heaven with Robert 05 Nashville.Note this is the only time I ever told a Man I loved Him.

Actually I said We love you Robert. Hey He is the Man and We are not Worthy.

• 2 weeks later...
As per My Pm to you Steve this was a visit to the Tupelo Mississippi Elvis Museum basically a Shotgun House with a Chapel built outside and a Museum on the property.We had a lot of time that day so I guess around lunch time We arrived and My woman had the camera wondering around snapping up pictures.I was well behind Her taking more time to much time according to Her looking in the Chapel .

Well comming out the door of the Museum wearing a straw Cowboy hat is Jimmy Page and Right with him is Robert Plant They both had purchased matching Black Elvis T-Shirts .I was tripping Well I never go to a concert without something for the Band to sign so I was prepared .I had a Picture of Robert and one of Jimmy inside a envelope along with a couple of cd covers.We had a quick conversation about how nice the Museum grounds and as I had not yet been inside The Guys told Me thier were some nice memorabilia pieces inside.I then told them how much I liked Walking into Clarksdale .They then signed my stuff and hurried away before I said some stupid Fan stuff which always seems to come out when I meet them it is so wierd .I have met many Band members over the years had lunch with Ed King of Skynyrd chatted with The Van Zandt boys and Charlie Daniels many times but I get stupid when I am around Jimmy and Robert.My Woman came up just in time to see them getting in thier Car .She asked Me who it was and I told Her.She liked them but was not a real Fan but the downside was that She had the camera and did not get any pictures.That happened twice needless to say I had to get rid of Her .You do not meet Led Zeppelin members everyday and She failed to get my picture with Jimmy and Robert that day and again in 2005 in Biloxi.

So I had to get another girl to go to the Nashville 2005 Robert Plant show and got one thier actually taken by a female friend of Robert's.Oh yes when we got to the show We of course told a few people about the meeting no one believed us My Autographs were in my truck.Well when they came out for

the Encores The Guys were wearing matching Black t-shirts and Jimmy had on his straw Cowboy Hat.

As we were leaving a couple came over and apologized for not believing us.By the way the show was great.

Here is one meeting Sweetheart.I mean Slave to Zep

I met JPJ in March of '91 at the Radisson hotel in Austin, TX. Total happenstance. I was there for SXSW and I was outside waiting for a ride to the main hotel where the conference was being held. Noticed I forgot my smokes so I went to the elevator and the door opened, people shuffled and all the sudden fkn Jonesy comes out! I almost fainted. I went up to him and asked for his autograph and he was very kind. All he said was to hurry because his ride was out front. I leaped over the main desk and grabbed a pen and paper and got the autograph! I remember saying "Thank you for the greatest music ever". He said. "Thank you for listening". Shook my hand and off he went.

I met Robert at a Slade gig in the 70's, he bought drinks for my friends and me, I was still at school !

I've also seen him at various football grounds since then B)

Yeah , but ya didn't get his sweaty towel like i did at the NEC ! :beer:

• 1 month later...
HOPSON1.jpg

HOPSONINN.jpg

Hi Steve here is the post card and a magnetic buisness card I got from my trip to Clarksdale Robert visited this location late 2006 I believe

Here is a few pictures from Hopsons What a place for Robert to hang out Clarksdale Mississippi.

HPIM3194.jpg

HPIM3207.jpg

HPIM3208.jpg

Here is a few more pictures from Hopsons

HPIM3200.jpg

HPIM3198.jpg

HPIM3201.jpg

Here is one of Me You have to play in Clarksdale if You are a Blues Fan

Here is one of the shacks play Your Guitar on the porch and chill out

HPIM3191.jpg

Defintley not a 5 star Hotel but the History is amazing and it is pretty comfortable.

HPIM3199.jpg

Archived