Horse Racing Thread

overthehillsandfaraway

Great race from Animal Kingdom, he was much the best today. And what great luck for John Velazquez, as he would have been on the sidelines since he is Uncle Mo's rider- but happened to pick up the mount on Animal Kingdom after his rider Robbie Albarado was injured on Wednesday. Congrats to them & trainer Graham Motion as well!

I wound up winning $225 on the race. Had him to win and the exacta for a dollar combo. The sick part is how I missed the trifecta. Had 16-13-19 and as you know it came 16-19-13. If the 13 catches the 19 at the wire I get the exacta again and half of $3900. Sucks. Still, won $225. Macho Macho Man should like the distance of the Preakness better.

We are going to get down and make some money on Preakness day folks. I am on a roll. You want to make a few bucks? First we have to see who is entered. If Uncle Mo is a go, he may be very tough if he is healthy. Have to cover both angles. The beauty of horse racing is you can invest very little and get a good return. Rememberm, they have no stake in the outcome. You are betting against the bettiing public in effect. And every horse is going to take money. A mistake by the unknowing bettor who does not realize, some horses have NO CHANCE. Macho Macho Man should be a better propostion at the shorter distance of the Preakness. Animal Kingdom will be heavily bet, but the "smart money" will probably go on Uncle Mo if he is in? Tactical speed is important in the Preakness. In the Belmont you want a horse like Nehro who is a deep closer with stamina to handle the mile and a half distance. A very long race especially for a three year old that has never gone this far. Check back in a week.

Hi Silver,all,

Jockey Micheal Baze found dead in his car this morning near Churchill Downs. No word yet on the cause of death. He was 24.

Heard it was cocaine and he was involved in an investigation :unsure: Sad,...24 and jockeys have a hard life as is,...

KB

Hi Silver,all,

Heard it was cocaine and he was involved in an investigation :unsure: Sad,...24 and jockeys have a hard life as is,...

KB

This should be a wake up call for Pat Valenzuala. Banned from many states and lucky to be riding again, only because he is so good they have given him one last chance. He has had many one last chances but this time I think its for good. He has tested positive so many times I have lost count. A true powder junkie. Its a shame. I have to see the results. I suspect its more than cocaine.

Carryover from the pick six at Churchill Downs from Derby day is over $500,000!!!!!! All you have to do is pick the winner of races 5-10 tomorrow at Churchill. A two dollar bet for one combination. I will invest $36. Your odds to win are astronomically better than winning the lottery and you have something to base it on. For the total non believers, I won one at Belmont for a $4 investment. Though the carryover that particular day was about $43,000, there were ,many favorites that came in which means it was spread out to many winnners. I got a return of about $1200 which was less than I have made on alot of Trifectas. Still, the pick four is the way to go and it is now fifty cent comnninations that you can play at many of the major tracks. I have hit a few in the last couple months, some paying over $600. So if you want to take a shot at getting rich quick, tomrrow is the day at Churchill and also Holllywood park. Carryover there also but not quite as big.

• 4 weeks later...

Woo hoo! Congrats Silver!

Who you liking in the Belmonr on Saturday?

I will have to study it. Ill post my picks by Friday along with some good undercard bets. Go bet the one across the board at Wood harness right now if you have an account. Anyway, Woodbine thorobreds I am beginning to be a fan of that track. I have to see who is entered in the Belmont. The undercard will no doubt have some better money making propositions than the Belmont perhaps?

The trotter I just mentioned is running in four minutes. 4-1 on the rail. At Mohawk actually. In Canada.

Oh man. He just ran second. I bet a 1-7 ex and it came 7-1. Oh well. He had to go outside for room and it compromised the trip

Edited by silvermedalist

Ok you horse players. I have a nice check on the way from Churchill Downs for taking down the pick four Sunday at Woodbine. If any of you are in Toronto and read this, you may be familiar with Woodbine racetrack in Toronto? Nice Track. So for one lousy dollar sunday I won $817. Not bad dont you think? I had to successfully pick the winners of races 4 through 7. As it turned out that day the numbers were 2-4-11-10. When it got to the last race of course I could not stand to watch it but did anyway. It was a turf race (on the lawn-european style). The 10 I needed to win the big money. He ran a nice race getting through on the rail in deep stretch. My Belmont picks will come soon. The form has not been sent to me yet. But if anyone believes in a hot streak, Woodbine runs tonight. They run their Wednesday card at night and I have worked out a pick four in races 4-7 again. This time I will share my picks and if you feel lucky it will only cost you $9 to do this. For an extra $4 you can bet the first and last horse to win, in case i miss one and do it to cover yourself. So total investment is $13 and I will myself invest $15 as I like an exacta in race 3. So here you go

race three exacta for $1 wheel (total cost $2) 1 over 3,5

race 4 pick four wheel for $1, a $9 ticket (2 with 1,2,5 with 1,3,5 with 9). The 9 in the last leg is the toughest call but he is dropping in class and has a shot.

I would bet the 2 to win in race 4 and the 9 to win in race 7. Cheers.

Woo hoo! Congrats Silver!

Who you liking in the Belmonr on Saturday?

OK Stargroves, you asked so here is my take on the Belmont this year. There is no Triple Crown on the line which will hurt the ratings but it does not have to hurt you at the window. If the weatherman is correct and it does not rain signifigantly, I will box three horses in exactas and tirfectas. Those three horses are Master of Hounds, Nehro, and Animal Kingdom. Yes, I will bet against Shackleford doing a wire job at a mile and a half. Now if it rains, it changes everything. If the track is sloppy I will box Mucho Macho Man , Ruler on Ice and Monzon. And willl put Shackleford in all trifecta and super bets but not on top.

But if the track is dry, I like Master Of Hounds to win it.

I said the 3 would be dangerous if it rained. I had him second under that stinking piece of shit Nehro.. No way to judge three yr olds on a wet track when they have never run on one. The three that won had and did well. Woodbine race four tomorrow pick four numbers

3,7,11-3-3,7-2,4,5 If the 14 goes in the first leg throw him in too. But he should scratch. So that leaves a $1 pick four wheel that will cost you $18. If it is a winner you willl get hundreds and maybe more. Last Sunday I spent one dollar on this wager and won $817

Thats eight hundred not eighty one

Sit it out at your own risk. The worst thing about horses is the weather. If the rains come, you are in trouble. But if the weather man is right, you can win.

• 10 months later...

2 more days until an American classic, the run for the roses takes place around dinner time on Saturday, the first Saturday in May of course. I just hit a nice DD at Churchill and will be posting my picks for the Oaks and Derby tomorrow at some point. :wizard:

For anyone that may take a shot on the races at Churchill Downs today or tomorrow on Derby day, remember if betting a trifecta you can bet .50 cent combinations that will not cost you much. for instance in race 12 tomorrow I like a 2,5,10 tri box. Total cost is $3. In the two day Oaks/Derby Double I will go 3,4,10 with 8. I am betting an exacta wheel in the Derby tomorrow of 3,4,7,8, w 19. and 8 w 11,16,19. Tri wheel of 8 w 11,19, w 16. a big price If I get lucky. In the race previous to the Derby, a half a million dollar grade one stakes, the Woodward Reserve, I like the 2 and 4 to hit the wire together. Good luck

I'll have another the horse that won at big odds and I truly liked him for the fact he ran a 1 1/8 mile three seconds faster than any other horse in the race. I did not like the post and the jockey was simply a small time jock from a smaller circuit. They typically do not fair well. But at the last minute, and I am sorrry for not posting, I did put in my bets online on him, bet him across the board and boxed him with five horses including the one that he ran by, thus I had a very good day. The horse that seemed to have the race won will benefit from the shorter distance of the Preakness if he can repeat the performance. He will no doubt be the favorite. Bodmeister or whatever it is. I had won a tri a couple races earlier. For any horse players it was the race that came in 10-4-9. The tri was $600 for a $2 st wager but I had it for a fifty cent combiination and got 1/4 of that. They allow you to bet 50 cent tri's and pick fours there, that way you do not have to bet alot of money to have a chance to win big. I will try and give a more precise pick for the Preakness in two weeks. I rather doubt we will have a triple crown winner yet again. I look at the horse and I do not see a triple crown winner in him. But he sure made me some money yesterday.

Fascinating, honestly, it's like a foreign language to me, I have never been into a betting shop in my life but I did win a fair amount when Red Rum won his 3 Grand Nationals. My brother was going to the Betting Office so I asked him to put on a bet for me......I did pay him of course.

Fascinating, honestly, it's like a foreign language to me, I have never been into a betting shop in my life but I did win a fair amount when Red Rum won his 3 Grand Nationals. My brother was going to the Betting Office so I asked him to put on a bet for me......I did pay him of course.

I have not seen the grand national in years. To me its not true horse racing. 4 miles. Are you kidding me? We cannot bet it here. Unless maybe with a bookie. I do not even know when it runs. Its not like the Kentucky Derby or Breeders Cup Classic or Dubai World Cup. It is done with steeplechase riders and horses. They do have one steeplechase race a day during Saratoga's meet that starts in late July.

The Preakness is tomorrow and I will give you my cold trifecta pick. I see this race coming 7-9-6. Believe the shorter distance will benefit the 7 Bodemeister and the Derby winner must still be used second and on top. So I would box 7,9 and bet tri's 796 and 976. If you are betting todays race, the big one, I like the 4 and the 3. The undercard in these events are sometiimes far better wagering propositions. I made $500 on Derby day and made some money yesterday. Today and tomorrow i am going back at it. Lots of good races at Pimlico. The only two days of the year I would bet that track.

The Preakness is tomorrow and I will give you my cold trifecta pick. I see this race coming 7-9-6. Believe the shorter distance will benefit the 7 Bodemeister and the Derby winner must still be used second and on top. So I would box 7,9 and bet tri's 796 and 976. If you are betting todays race, the big one, I like the 4 and the 3. The undercard in these events are sometiimes far better wagering propositions. I made $500 on Derby day and made some money yesterday. Today and tomorrow i am going back at it. Lots of good races at Pimlico. The only two days of the year I would bet that track.

You may want to do a wheel with the 7 horse. I'll be watching from the luxury of my club chair( in my basement). I haven't been to the Preakness since '89. We broke three coolers. We woke the neighbors up at 5 am, when the gang assembled on my front lawn to caravan over to Old Hill Top. Most of those neighbors have passed like the memories. Here is stroll down that lane:

You may want to do a wheel with the 7 horse. I'll be watching from the luxury of my club chair( in my basement). I haven't been to the Preakness since '89. We broke three coolers. We woke the neighbors up at 5 am, when the gang assembled on my front lawn to caravan over to Old Hill Top. Most of those neighbors have passed like the memories. Here is stroll down that lane:

I used the 7,3,4 with the 7 tomorrow in the two day double. The seven won so if the 7 wins the Preakness I will win $86 for the double. I think a nice bet is a ten cent super box of 7,9,6,5. It will only cost you $2.40 to make the bet and they can come in in any order. Obviously if the 5 wins it will pay far more than if the 7 wins. But its a decent investment. I will post my pick four soon. IE, the pick four ending with the Preakness. A fifty cent combo that will pay good. Its a bet using the permutation formula in statistical methods to determine the payout.