New offical release

Panchovilla

In regards to a retrospective box set spanning their entire career that Page alluded to in the past? I'd say he did that with the 2003 DVD. Between the main shows (RAH, MSG, EC, K), extras, and menus we were given material from 69, 70, 72, 73, 75, 77, and 79. Sure that was with what he has video for, but if Jimmy doesn't have different concerts multi tracked for certain years, if he were to do a career box set audio CD only, there would be a lot of material we already have on there. I'd much rather have something from Japan in 71 or Bath.

My wants:

A 3 disc live cd set from the LA Forum 1977 shows (it can be mixed nights, I don't care as long as the songs are uncut. NQ has to be from the 23rd).

Knebworth 8-4-79, supremely polished but uncut. The full show on discs. CD and DVD.

LA Forum, 9-4-70. The famous "Blueberry Hill" show, but in a pristine multitrack recording.

Don't really need anything from 1975. There are so many crystal-clear and easy to get boots that it's unnecessary.

If for some reason, this version of Zep decides to put out a new song/album....how about some of those cool unreleased tunes like those on the PG outtakes....like Take Me Home or that Jazz Jam (song 8)....just polish them up a little and have Percy work some magic with the vocals....I'd dig that!!! :thumbsup:

If for some reason, this version of Zep decides to put out a new song/album....how about some of those cool unreleased tunes like those on the PG outtakes....like Take Me Home or that Jazz Jam (song 8)....just polish them up a little and have Percy work some magic with the vocals....I'd dig that!!! :thumbsup:

Take Me Home is a killer- but it's also a very early version of Custard Pie. I don't think Jimmy would wish to start working backwards.

But I wouldn't mind.

My wants:

A 3 disc live cd set from the LA Forum 1977 shows (it can be mixed nights, I don't care as long as the songs are uncut. NQ has to be from the 23rd).

Knebworth 8-4-79, supremely polished but uncut. The full show on discs. CD and DVD.

LA Forum, 9-4-70. The famous "Blueberry Hill" show, but in a pristine multitrack recording.

Don't really need anything from 1975. There are so many crystal-clear and easy to get boots that it's unnecessary.

For as lousy of a show the 11th turned out to be, especially Page, the 4th was quite solid. Along with the Copenhagan Warmups, those show are some of my favorite post 75 Zep concerts.

Take Me Home is a killer- but it's also a very early version of Custard Pie. I don't think Jimmy would wish to start working backwards.

But I wouldn't mind.

I wouldn't too though truly, i think one of the tresholds of releasing outtakes is that some of them are early versions of other songs. And that is just ONE of the things adding to the treshold.

But yeh, Studio and live outtakes fo' me.

Home Movies of Lori Lightning.

hahaha i'm suprised that i recognized this!

I recall that there was some type of discussion between the band and the vaults of Bill Graham. Don't know whatever became of this. But if Page could get his hands on some of the stuff (if there is anything), would it be audio or video of some SF bay area shows?

Don't kid yourself! Page has a massive collection! If there's a show missing, he'll go and get it. He knows where they're available. The only exception is the stuff being held onto by the hoarders, and no one can pry those loose unless they decide to. And then Jimmy will have them immediately. :lol:

I WANT BATH!!! :beer:

Exactly, He has everything they ever did. Of course he is holding on to material. Any artist wants to remain viable. Not that he needs to re-release anything, but I bet he has plenty. It might not meet his standards (ie Hey, Hey) but it would probably blow our minds. Heres to hoping, though.

Chalk up another vote for Japan on audio and Bath on video. The added bonus is we know these exist, and so we will almost certainly see them come out someday . . .

. . . if we live long enough, that is. <_<

Chalk up another vote for Japan on audio and Bath on video. The added bonus is we know these exist, and so we will almost certainly see them come out someday . . .

. . . if we live long enough, that is. <_<

WOW!!! Get down Magic Sam. My eyes have been opened to another great. Thanks a million.

Archived